No announcement yet.

This is absolutely sickening...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marshall - dont know what those halftime speeches were but you need to burn em. :roll:

Comment

Coach gave up on this team a month ago when he started publicly stating how we were so untalented.. That line of B.S. worked wonders for the fanbase because they immediately picked up that excuse and donned it proudly like a banner:

"We suck because our players suck" RAH RAH RAH

Unfortunately that motto doesn't jive very well when you have a group of Division 1 athletes who are used to winning at nearly every level of basketball that they have played since they could remember.

I don't think our current motto is the right strategy if you want to get the most out of what you have is it?

Absolutely sickening...

How about -we may have suffered misfortune...

We may have suffered bad luck...

"I can't guarantee you we will win all at once but we are sure going to put a team on the floor every night that will make you proud with their effort."

Oh wait.. somebody did say that...

T

...8)

Comment

Originally posted by Ixiah
        Marshall - dont know what those halftime speeches were but you need to burn em. :roll:
        In all fairness to coach this time--we were ahead by 11 at the half. I doubt he probably thought a hugely rousing speech was in order. I have a feeling if he could've seen into his crystal ball and see what lay ahead, his speech would've been quite different...

Comment

I slept through the first ten minutes of the second half. When is opening day at the Eck?
          Egotism is the anesthetic of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
            Coach gave up on this team a month ago when he started publicly stating how we were so untalented.. That line of B.S. worked wonders for the fanbase because they immediately picked up that excuse and donned it proudly like a banner:

"We suck because our players suck" RAH RAH RAH

Unfortunately that motto doesn't jive very well when you have a group of Division 1 athletes who are used to winning at nearly every level of basketball that they have played since they could remember.

I don't think our current motto is the right strategy if you want to get the most out of what you have is it?

Absolutely sickening...

How about -we may have suffered misfortune...

We may have suffered bad luck...

"I can't guarantee you we will win all at once but we are sure going to put a team on the floor every night that will make you proud with their effort."

Oh wait.. somebody did say that...

T

...8)
            For the most part, they have. Tonight has been a true mystery. I'm still scratching my head on this one, and while it wouldn't have been out of the question in my mind that we might lose, it never would've crossed my mind that we'd stop putting forth solid effort.

Comment

They just seem to expect bad things to happen now. A self-fulfilling prophecy.

Comment

Whose job is it within the Shocker Basketball program to manage team expectations and attitudes?

T

...8)

Comment

The clarity that is Cold right now...
                  Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

...it's medication time...it's medication time... :yes:

Comment

Cold, why don't you pick another team with a coach you like and go root for them? We don't need your crap.

Comment

Now how in the world do you know the Biddy Basketball records of each player on our roster? Not EVERY D-1 basketball player has had success throughout his basketball life and not every D-1 player is worthy of playing on a D-1 team. You of all people should know this, since you seem to know everything there is to know about D-1 college basketball playing, coaching and psychiatry.
                        "You can observe a lot just by watching."
                        -- Yogi Berra

Comment

The pattern of having big, and I mean BIG leads, on the road of all places, and then pissing em down our pants is frustrating. Ya, we know this team is heading for the toilets, but geez, we've played some good ball at times this year.

This kinda stuff needs to end quickly. I hope these last 3 weeks of February go by quickly. And it's truly sad Matt, Phil, and PJ have to endure this bs. It's sad though that the effort just seems to be so lacking.

I hope the Marshall era doesn't keep this pattern of blowing big leads on the road. It's ridiculous. Just let it end. Quickly.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by BA2929
                            Now how in the world do you know the Biddy Basketball records of each player on our roster? Not EVERY D-1 basketball player has had success throughout his basketball life and not every D-1 player is worthy of playing on a D-1 team. You of all people should know this, since you seem to know everything there is to know about D-1 college basketball playing, coaching and psychiatry.
                            Division I athletes (save the late-bloomers/growers) have by and large achieved considerable success at their respective schools while growing up. Division I takes the best of the high-school players and BCS takes the best of the best. I don't know of too many people that get motivated when their leader continues to point out their shortcomings as if they are the only reason the program is in the dump. It might work on a temporary basis but sooner or later they will perform down to the level that is expected of them...

Bottom line: Coach owes the Shocker Nation an apology for what went on down in E-ville. I don't care if it was just him and his wife playing... we should have won that game.

I have 750,000 + reasons to feel this way...

T

...8)

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever
                              The pattern of having big, and I mean BIG leads, on the road of all places, and then pissing em down our pants is frustrating. Ya, we know this team is heading for the toilets, but geez, we've played some good ball at times this year.

This kinda stuff needs to end quickly. I hope these last 3 weeks of February go by quickly. And it's truly sad Matt, Phil, and PJ have to endure this bs. It's sad though that the effort just seems to be so lacking.

I hope the Marshall era doesn't keep this pattern of blowing big leads on the road. It's ridiculous. Just let it end. Quickly.
                              Wait a second, weren't you the one bitching about this thread? Now you see that people want to post in it and you want to contribute? Doesn't make much sense to me. But let's settle it at this, people on this board can post where they want, me and you are cool, and keep contributing.

Comment

Originally posted by GoShox117
                                Wait a second, weren't you the one bitching about this thread? Now you see that people want to post in it and you want to contribute? Doesn't make much sense to me. But let's settle it at this, people on this board can post where they want, me and you are cool, and keep contributing.
                                I was pissy and frustrated. I apologize. We'll leave it at that.

Yes, we're cool.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X