Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by t7017s
    Originally posted by newshock1234
    People that want to blame coach marshall need to relize this. We were 8-10 in the valley last year with a 6th place finish and a 1st round loss in the mvc tourney. On top of that we lost Kyle Wilson, Karon Bradley, and Sean Ogirri. Who a combined scored 30 points a game. We replaced them with Ramon Clemente (which i like, but his offense isnt the greatest), Mantas (he started to come along, until he got injuried), Graham Hatch (which he just isnt a marshall type of player), and Aaron Ellis (Marshalls only true recruit out of this class, needed to redshirt). They all combined to score less than 10 points a game, then add to the fact that Matt Brauer got hurt right when Valley play started. To be honest the only one true marshall recruit is here right now and that is AE, and he should have redshirted. So yes Marshall need to have a pass this year, at least he sees how good this league is and what he needs to get. We will see Marshall's true team starting next year. Look at good marshall did recruiting in his first full season at WSU on a unsuccessful year, just think of the players he will get when we starting winning the valley every year (yes i am this confident that this coach will bring that to Wichita State)
    Pretty sure mantas was a marshall recruit.
    well he is, but first off he got injuried, and then 2nd off Marshall had to take what he could get so he can field halfway of a team, and also Mantas and Ramon were kind of quick fixes.
    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• I think Coach Marshall will be great if he sticks around. I am looking forward to his first full recruiting class. I think he is a good coach and will get us going in the right direction. We just don't have big/fast enough BB players this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by t7017s
        I'm going to be particular for a moment. None of our current players are "Marshall" recruits in the traditional sense. Technically, they are, but only as the result results of coaching connections.

Clemente - Turgeon did most of the work.
        Griskenas, Orukpe - Okon connections
        Hawkins - Transfer
        Ellis - Fell into Marshall's lap at the last minute.

Basically, the recruiting process takes time. None of our newcomers were recruited by Marshall in that way.

I can't wait to see this year's class perform!

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock
          Originally posted by t7017s
          I'm going to be particular for a moment. None of our current players are "Marshall" recruits in the traditional sense. Technically, they are, but only as the result results of coaching connections.

Clemente - Turgeon did most of the work.
          Griskenas, Orukpe - Okon connections
          Hawkins - Transfer
          Ellis - Fell into Marshall's lap at the last minute.

Basically, the recruiting process takes time. None of our newcomers were recruited by Marshall in that way.

I can't wait to see this year's class perform!
          yup thats what i was trying to get at, but you just had the better words
          Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Excerpt from Shockwaves

“I don’t have a whole lot of answers for this team, otherwise we would win more games and look a little better,” WSU coach Gregg Marshall said. “We can’t play 40 minutes. We don’t have the depth nor the talent to play 40 minutes.”

One example of WSU’s mental problems is its defense. The past two games, WSU has played good, sometimes very good, defense in the first half. Both games, WSU played defense in the first half in front of its own bench, where the coaches could yell instructions and demand effort. Both games, WSU’s defense faded in the second half when they defended far away from the voices of the coaches. Several Shockers said that’s not coincidence and I think I will write about that phenomena for Saturday. Fatigue, of course, could be another factor.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockball
              Excerpt from Shockwaves

“I don’t have a whole lot of answers for this team, otherwise we would win more games and look a little better,” WSU coach Gregg Marshall said. “We can’t play 40 minutes. We don’t have the depth nor the talent to play 40 minutes.”

One example of WSU’s mental problems is its defense. The past two games, WSU has played good, sometimes very good, defense in the first half. Both games, WSU played defense in the first half in front of its own bench, where the coaches could yell instructions and demand effort. Both games, WSU’s defense faded in the second half when they defended far away from the voices of the coaches. Several Shockers said that’s not coincidence and I think I will write about that phenomena for Saturday. Fatigue, of course, could be another factor.
              That probably also plays into the home crowd advantage possiblity with the crowd being able to keep the Shox working hard in the second half. Maybe that's why we see more second half comebacks on the road.

Comment

• The headlines could have been:

Holsinger beats Shox, assisted by Ely.

Determination was Holsinger's face, and he lifted his team up to win, Ely got on board.

Comment

• Headlines could have been as follows:

44 combo fouls and turnovers doom Shockers!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricky Del Rio
                    Headlines could have been as follows:

44 combo fouls and turnovers doom Shockers!
                    or....

30 fans in attendance at game fail to inspire anyone on the floor much, and in fact caused the Evansville players to not show up in the first half, and the Wichita State players to get on the bus at halftime.

Ok, that's pretty long, but I think has SOME truth.

Comment

Working...
                    X