Evansville In-Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SubGod22
    I will say I experienced better atmospheres than UE while officiating at the YMCA.
    that is so true
    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle
      Originally posted by Big Ol' Badass Balla
      You don't give a senior his walking papers. I don't care how bad he sucks. Wendell may never see the court next year, but you don't send him packing.
      What if Marty Gross could get him a scholly at Rice?
      This won't happen. Remember everyone as we've all discussed in previous threads, and 1 more loss (as bad as it was tonight) doesn't change the reality. Wendell is at best a role player. He's probably a 3rd stringer, and we will need those type of players too... the only downside is he is a scholly player, but at this point in the game, as people have said, he's a senior, so he will be back, and playing the role he was more suited for next year.

On a similar note... the other night I was watching the WSU-Seton Hall game from a couple of years ago in the tourney (sometimes that can lift the spirits of a downtrodden Shocker fan ya know...) and while I didn't critically analyze Wendell's game truly, he was contributing in that game in the role I just mentioned--a 3rd string guy that doesn't really score, but defends pretty well and doesn't usually hurt the team, while the starting 2 or pt. guard are on the bench getting a breather.

Man that team played well and I had forgotten how well they were playing. As much as I hate to say it, we need an outside shooter like Sean was, but that'll have to wait until next year...

Comment

• Originally posted by shockall
        Originally posted by RipEmUpShox
        Originally posted by shockall
        i never should have watched the game tonight for the following reasons...

1. The shocker players "are" as soft as HCGM said they were before the season started.

2. Perhaps Marshall's offense will not work against MVC defenses (as he once said)

3. The video of G. Stutz during halftime shows he needs a lot of work in the area of strength, speed and agility. He looked bout as soft or even softer than R. Bradley. He will be a work in progess for Kerry R. this summer.

4. Freaking last place.......
        garrett will be the fastest big guy on our team.
        his feet and hands are amazing.

all he needs is strenght.
        He may look good against smaller HS players, but he will need a lot of improvement to keep the D-1 pace.
        his foot speed and hands and agility is incredible.
        he needs to get stronger. again.
        "Coach Marshall,We will be at Creighton at least 15 hours in advance!"
        CGM--->"Hell yea, and we'll beat their ass."

Comment

• Actually, I kind of see Garrett as a little taller more vertsitile Paul Miller with better outside shooting. After he adds some weight, gets used to D-1, by the time he is a junior, I see him being on the same level that Paul was as a senior.

One thing he will not be used to though, is how much the opposing teams will hang all over him under the basket. He will have to learn how to cope with that, and still score.

Comment

• What does this mean??????????????

"There is no way Gal is competing for PT next year should he return"

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers
              What does this mean??????????????

Dude said he would be fighting for playing time.
              I said no he wouldnt

Comment

• Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
                Originally posted by pinstripers
                What does this mean??????????????

Dude said he would be fighting for playing time.
                I said no he wouldnt
                So are you saying he is not competing because its a sure thing that he will get his time or that he is not competing because he will not be getting anytime?

Comment

• Don't worry Gal will be playing next year. I think Hannah will be the 1, Gal the 2, and I think AJ will start at the 3, to begin the season anyway.

Kyles and Murry will come off the bench for the 1/2 spots, provided one of them isn't redshirted.

Gris/Ellis will share coming off the bench at the 3, Gris may get some 4 time.

If we recruit 1/2 players this spring, then a couple now will not be here.

Comment

• I would be SHOCKED if Coach decides to bring Durley back. I will be surprised if Coach decides to bring Mekel back.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers
                      I would be SHOCKED if Coach decides to bring Durley back. I will be surprised if Coach decides to bring Mekel back.
                      After last night's 2nd half, I'd be surprised if anyone gets an invite back.

Comment

• I think it's inconsistent to rip a coach for saying he has no answers and then rip him for releasing a completely unproductive senior who has shown little or no progress, either this season or for his career. (Unless you are just commenting on his communication skills, rather than on his perceived lack of knowledge about how to right the ship.)

Recruiting over unproductive players is an answer. It may not be the answer you want, it may not be the answer the player wants, but it's an answer.

I don't particularly like the idea of releasing a senior, but I think it is a well-accpeted practice in similar situations. How many of the underclassmen on RDR's chart of a few days ago survived to graduate, or complete their four years, under the new coach? Not too many.
                        Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

• I hate to admit this but I gave up last night. I watched the first half but gave up after about 5 minutes into the 2nd half. I just couldn't watch anymore. I'm a bad Shocker fan right now. I am still looking forward to the Valley Tourney but I think we will be one and done. Can't wait until baseball season.

Comment

• A season and a half off a Sweet Sixteen and look at where we are. The good news is that things can turn around just as fast...case in point...Drake.

Coach gets a "Get out of jail Free" card from me this season and I will support the players as long as they fight every second of every game. There was no fight in the second half last night.

One question I have is why Gal leaves about two feet of room between him and his screen? It nearly forces the screener to move to close the gap and doesn't do anything to the defender?

Comment

• People that want to blame coach marshall need to relize this. We were 8-10 in the valley last year with a 6th place finish and a 1st round loss in the mvc tourney. On top of that we lost Kyle Wilson, Karon Bradley, and Sean Ogirri. Who a combined scored 30 points a game. We replaced them with Ramon Clemente (which i like, but his offense isnt the greatest), Mantas (he started to come along, until he got injuried), Graham Hatch (which he just isnt a marshall type of player), and Aaron Ellis (Marshalls only true recruit out of this class, needed to redshirt). They all combined to score less than 10 points a game, then add to the fact that Matt Brauer got hurt right when Valley play started. To be honest the only one true marshall recruit is here right now and that is AE, and he should have redshirted. So yes Marshall need to have a pass this year, at least he sees how good this league is and what he needs to get. We will see Marshall's true team starting next year. Look at good marshall did recruiting in his first full season at WSU on a unsuccessful year, just think of the players he will get when we starting winning the valley every year (yes i am this confident that this coach will bring that to Wichita State)
                              Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Originally posted by newshock1234
                                People that want to blame coach marshall need to relize this. We were 8-10 in the valley last year with a 6th place finish and a 1st round loss in the mvc tourney. On top of that we lost Kyle Wilson, Karon Bradley, and Sean Ogirri. Who a combined scored 30 points a game. We replaced them with Ramon Clemente (which i like, but his offense isnt the greatest), Mantas (he started to come along, until he got injuried), Graham Hatch (which he just isnt a marshall type of player), and Aaron Ellis (Marshalls only true recruit out of this class, needed to redshirt). They all combined to score less than 10 points a game, then add to the fact that Matt Brauer got hurt right when Valley play started. To be honest the only one true marshall recruit is here right now and that is AE, and he should have redshirted. So yes Marshall need to have a pass this year, at least he sees how good this league is and what he needs to get. We will see Marshall's true team starting next year. Look at good marshall did recruiting in his first full season at WSU on a unsuccessful year, just think of the players he will get when we starting winning the valley every year (yes i am this confident that this coach will bring that to Wichita State)
                                Pretty sure mantas was a marshall recruit.

Comment

Working...
                                X