No announcement yet.

ribbon video boards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Visited Koch during a late lunch to check out these newly obstructed seats. I believe there is very likely something being done or mulled about, as I interrupted a bit of a pow wow (PW). Included in said PW were some sort of a big wig in business formal, a WSU facilities management guy I've seen before (can't recall his name right now), and another poor guy that looked like he'd be tasked with the actual physical act of board relocation. They were sort of surrounding one of the offending boards, right by an interior arena exit, kind of collectively looking concerned as to the how and why of correcting a problem with no obvious or cheap/easy fix.

Totally true story.

EDIT: As for the board view obstruction: my quick and dirty survey indicated that it is mainly a problem on seats at/near baseline (due to the court boundary extending lower/closer via viewpoint than at sideline seats), and in areas where those first 2 rows directly above exits are on the same plane with each other (no step up from row 1 to row 2 - such an oddity actually exists). I'm 6'1", and the main problem I had was that oddball 2nd row, where it exists. This is definitely not a problem at every point where there is a seat behind a new LED board.
    Last edited by SHOCKvalue; November 4, 2013, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Coming soon to section 101; the 'Shocker' booster seat! (Patent Pending)

Gives you back the 6" you lost!
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
        Gives you back the 6" you lost!
        That's what she said. :tongue-new:
        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

If it comes with a cup holder I'll take two.

Comment

The one my kid has comes with TWO cup holders.
            Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
              Visited Koch during a late lunch to check out these newly obstructed seats. I believe there is very likely something being done or mulled about, as I interrupted a bit of a pow wow (PW). Included in said PW were some sort of a big wig in business formal, a WSU facilities management guy I've seen before (can't recall his name right now), and another poor guy that looked like he'd be tasked with the actual physical act of board relocation. They were sort of surrounding one of the offending boards, right by an interior arena exit, kind of collectively looking concerned as to the how and why of correcting a problem with no obvious or cheap/easy fix.

Totally true story.

EDIT: As for the board view obstruction: my quick and dirty survey indicated that it is mainly a problem on seats at/near baseline (due to the court boundary extending lower/closer via viewpoint than at sideline seats), and in areas where those first 2 rows directly above exits are on the same plane with each other (no step up from row 1 to row 2 - such an oddity actually exists). I'm 6'1", and the main problem I had was that oddball 2nd row, where it exists. This is definitely not a problem at every point where there is a seat behind a new LED board.
              Thanks for the info.

So I guess the department does read this place or at least people are making their complaints known.

If they are reading this place, then they sure have ignored a lot of the other stuff.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand View Post

SWEEEEEET

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
                  Originally posted by pogo View Post
                  SWEEEEEET
                  Add a dash of yellow and black and the “blue-hairs” will be "In like Flynn"!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

You could even have them inscribed "Sit Angry"

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                      You could even have them inscribed "Sit Angry"
                      That will be quite apparent because everyone around them will be standing for defense.
                      You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

Working...
                      X