ribbon video boards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
    Maybe I can't read but I don't read anything from anybody that had their vision blocked by this product. I read from others who said they noticed this. Further, I read that some on here who sit behind these items said that it didn't change from last year. It seems like not everyone agrees.
    Maybe it's not the same in every section but the section proshox is talking about it is a big problem. When you sit down in the first two rows behind the new ribbon boards you literally can't see half of the court. It's bad.

Comment

Added the photo to the original post.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
        Maybe I can't read but I don't read anything from anybody that had their vision blocked by this product. I read from others who said they noticed this. Further, I read that some on here who sit behind these items said that it didn't change from last year. It seems like not everyone agrees.
        The people who said their views weren't blocked were referencing the comments about the scoreboard on the floor....

Comment

We sat directly behind one of the old boards for one game last year. My 13 year old son could not see any of the actual court while sitting down. Some of it was blocked for my wife and I. If the new ones sit even a few inches higher, I could see where the view would be more than 50% obstructed. I'd be upset if I paid for tickets, especially season tickets, for seats that I can't see from.

Comment

Originally posted by proshox View Post
            Added the photo to the original post.
            Are they f****ng stupid???? How do they not check the dimensions on those things to make sure it's not affecting the paying fans' view?

I hope you relayed this on to the athletic department. That is completely asinine.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
              A lot of nitpicking to me lol. Without the advertising possibilities we can't afford half of what we have. Embrace it.
              I agree that bitching about advertising rings and the new scoreboard itself is dumb. That's how "big time" is run now. (Now the graphics on the scoreboard is a whole different matter). But to have advertising boards blocking views on the court is not something you embrace. That is bullshit.

I don't understand how some boards are blocking peoples' views and some board aren't. How is that even possible? Or is it just that the installers were so amateurish that they just hung em up section by section and just "eyeballed" it all together?

That's pretty unbelievable. It's like the fan paying thousands of dollars in SASO and season tickets was an afterthought putting those up.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                I agree that bitching about advertising rings and the new scoreboard itself is dumb. That's how "big time" is run now. (Now the graphics on the scoreboard is a whole different matter). But to have advertising boards blocking views on the court is not something you embrace. That is bullshit.

I don't understand how some boards are blocking peoples' views and some board aren't. How is that even possible? Or is it just that the installers were so amateurish that they just hung em up section by section and just "eyeballed" it all together?

That's pretty unbelievable. It's like the fan paying thousands of dollars in SASO and season tickets was an afterthought putting those up.
                I agree that this board appears to be installed too high. I can say though I have been 1 row behind several and it didn't seem any different than last year. This must be an isolated event. Definitely a reason for those fans affected to be upset and it needs to be fixed. But I know that it isn't the same everywhere.
                "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Has anyone contacted the Athletics Office to convey the issue?
                  “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

The one that I saw was just like in the picture looking at some of the others from where I sit others looked like they were lower. I can guarantee that the man that was sitting behind the one in section 114 will be calling to complain. He was more than just a little upset. But like I said it looked like there was some wiggle room to lower it.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]949[/ATTACH](Added photo - this is two rows behind the ribbon in section 126. As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words) Did anybody else notice that the ribbon boards are blocking the view for the first three rows?

I felt really bad for the folks in front of me. Just can't believe the engineers screwed that up.
                      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Just can't believe the engineers screwed that up.
                        You obviously don't know any engineers. They NEVER make a mistake in anything. Just ask them, they'll tell you.

Comment

Yikes!!

More engineering marvels… guess it could always be worse. :grumpy:

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Engineers never make mistakes.....its the damn guy in the caboose that screws things up.

Comment

I wonder what would happen if all the fans in the first couple of rows that have a blocked view come prepared to stand the whole game. When those behind them get PO'd, you simply tell them I'll trade my seat for yours, but you must stay seated the whole game. You get everyone behind you upset, some quicker action may get taken by the AD.

Comment

Maybe this is their new way of getting people to stand for defense?

Comment

Working...
                                X