ribbon video boards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ribbon video boards

bad view.jpg(Added photo - this is two rows behind the ribbon in section 126. As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words) Did anybody else notice that the ribbon boards are blocking the view for the first three rows?

I felt really bad for the folks in front of me. Just can't believe the engineers screwed that up.
    Last edited by proshox; November 3, 2013, 11:01 PM.

Nope didn't notice.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Really? You sure about that?
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

One in section 114 was several inches higher than some others. The people sitting two rows behind it pointed it out to me. Looking at the brackets it looks like there is some wiggle room to lower it.

Comment

That may be true, but it would still be lower than the heads of the people sitting on the metal deck that is the first row behind the panel and right above the entrance. This is hard to understand without a pic to visualize.
          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Also noticed that the scoreboard on the floor by the Shocker bench was made too large. The chairs at the end of the bench cover the WSU score and part of the time clock. If the bench was going to extend that far down the sideline, the floor scoreboard should have been made shorter so it would clear the bench chairs. There appears to be a gate from the stands that keeps them from moving it further down the endline so it would clear the bench chairs. Oh well, small problem I guess. Just seems like someone should have thought of it. Can't see the scoreboard at the other end from my seat but since there are no bench chairs on that side I doubt if it is obstructed.

Comment

We are in section 118 right behind a board. I saw no difference than last year. We had no issues seeing. Nobody around us complained either. Maybe it's an isolated thing.

I have also sat right behind a couple at volleyball games with no issues
              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
                Also noticed that the scoreboard on the floor by the Shocker bench was made too large. The chairs at the end of the bench cover the WSU score and part of the time clock. If the bench was going to extend that far down the sideline, the floor scoreboard should have been made shorter so it would clear the bench chairs. There appears to be a gate from the stands that keeps them from moving it further down the endline so it would clear the bench chairs. Oh well, small problem I guess. Just seems like someone should have thought of it. Can't see the scoreboard at the other end from my seat but since there are no bench chairs on that side I doubt if it is obstructed.
                The board on the floor is not new, I don't believe. If it is new then they essentially replaced like with like, as it looked the same as the board we've had for a few years.

Main thing I noticed about the new visual system was a dead panel (already?) on the ribbon above the main scoreboard (about in-line with the home tunnel), and some sort of a software issue causing many videos and ad graphics to look line a RAM shortage issue circa 1995.

Comment

I have a picture and will upload later.

My seats are directly behind the goal in section 126. From the second row behind the ribbon board you can see the far end of the court. The rest of the court (I.E.85% of the court) is blocked.

The fans that had those tickets left before the game started. Many others v came and tried to "upgrade" - none stayed long.

Comment

I do not like the ribbon video boards, they are too much. It would be one thing if they reported game statistics, something other than the constant advertising, all the same on each video board.

The scoreboard is a little overwhelming too with its big acvertising rings at the top and bottom.

Comment

Send them back.

Comment

You'd think this board was filled with a bunch of (insert any number) year old women.

Comment

A lot of nitpicking to me lol. Without the advertising possibilities we can't afford half of what we have. Embrace it.
                          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Dpruett2333, normally I would agree with you. Unfortunately this isn't an exaggeration. There are fans that just had their view of the games blocked, because of poor planning or execution.

Comment

Originally posted by proshox View Post
                              Dpruett2333, normally I would agree with you. Unfortunately this isn't an exaggeration. There are fans that just had their view of the games blocked, because of poor planning or execution.
                              Maybe I can't read but I don't read anything from anybody that had their vision blocked by this product. I read from others who said they noticed this. Further, I read that some on here who sit behind these items said that it didn't change from last year. It seems like not everyone agrees.

Comment

Working...
                              X