Hottest Ticket in Town - NOT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
    I heard that driving home and nearly wrecked into oncoming traffic. It was a mixture of laughter and just sheer dumbfoundness. Shane initially said it could sell out or may sell out and then someone whispered into his ear that it was sold out.

I just don't understand how this concept is so difficult to grasp.
    I'm not sure where to lay the blame on the words "sell-out" being used with complete disregard for the facts.

Marshall has spoken them on a national radio show, the WSU media relations have published them, all sorts of media have used them.

It doesn't seem to matter if they are bracketed by "may", "might", "expecting", or even "hoping for" all people hear and run with is "sell-out". God forbid any of the media types would actually verify this from a reliable source or at least use the direct quote.

I am now advocating "really great crowd" be used instead. :)

--'85.
    Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
      I'm starting to wonder if today between 2-6:00ish the doors will get blown off. I happen to have bought mine already, but I often procrastinate things until it becomes next on my to do list. I bet there are going to be a lot of people who just got laid today and who just finished up their work week and might not want to be part of the walk up crowd tomorrow.

Also if there are only about 2k left now, that at least puts us in a spot that is second only to the first "premiere" with Tulsa a few years ago. Right? Even 13k ish will feel pretty full. It beats the heck out of 9k last year with huge lower bowl sections empty

Comment

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
        I'm starting to wonder if today between 2-6:00ish the doors will get blown off. I happen to have bought mine already, but I often procrastinate things until it becomes next on my to do list. I bet there are going to be a lot of people who just got laid today and who just finished up their work week and might not want to be part of the walk up crowd tomorrow.

Also if there are only about 2k left now, that at least puts us in a spot that is second only to the first "premiere" with Tulsa a few years ago. Right? Even 13k ish will feel pretty full. It beats the heck out of 9k last year with huge lower bowl sections empty
        I can assure you I'm not getting "laid" today! Ha!
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker85 View Post
          I'm not sure where to lay the blame on the words "sell-out" being used with complete disregard for the facts.

Marshall has spoken them on a national radio show, the WSU media relations have published them, all sorts of media have used them.

It doesn't seem to matter if they are bracketed by "may", "might", "expecting", or even "hoping for" all people hear and run with is "sell-out". God forbid any of the media types would actually verify this from a reliable source or at least use the direct quote.

I am now advocating "really great crowd" be used instead. :)

--'85.
          It is just weird that history is repeating itself. The same thing happened with the Tulsa game a few years ago. This time, at least, there seems to be some attempts to correct the mistake, but it is still having an affect. I talked to a couple last night who insisted the game was sold out and I told them to call the Intrust ticket office or go online. They had told me they had been thinking about going but then heard it was sold out. I hope they followed my advice.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
            I bet there are going to be a lot of people who just got laid today and who just finished up their work week and might not want to be part of the walk up crowd tomorrow.
            Originally posted by WstateU View Post
            I can assure you I'm not getting "laid" today! Ha!
            Maybe one of the funniest typos on Shockernet ever! That L button and that P button are soooo darn close together.
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I remain cautiously optimisitic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                Maybe one of the funniest typos on Shockernet ever! That L button and that P button are soooo darn close together.
                I'm still cleaning coffee off my monitor and keyboard.

Comment

• Guys I'm innocent! Try typing paid on a smartphone. If you miss by a millimeter the auto finish thing will betray you.

Haha TONS of people are going to get laid at work today and then they are going to buy tickets!!!!

Comment

• I guess we were waiting on the prostitute crowd to show up to buy tickets.

Get laid, get paid, get off work, buy tickets.

Comment

Guys I'm innocent! Try typing paid on a smartphone. If you miss by a millimeter the auto finish thing will betray you.

Haha TONS of people are going to get laid at work today and then they are going to buy tickets!!!!
                      In your defense, I'm always in a much better mood after I get laid. So maybe people are more willing to fork over the dough.

Comment

Guys I'm innocent! Try typing paid on a smartphone. If you miss by a millimeter the auto finish thing will betray you.

That is one seriously unique effort by the WSU marketing folks!

Comment

• Here’s something I don’t understand. I did a quick on-line search for upcoming Intrust Bank Arena Events and the following came up with no listing for the WSU/Tennessee game? I even changed the dates and couldn’t find it listed. What am I missing?

Comment

I'm still cleaning coffee off my monitor and keyboard.
                            I don't see what's the big deal. Everybody gets laid on payday.
                            There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Here’s something I don’t understand. I did a quick on-line search for upcoming Intrust Bank Arena Events and the following came up with no listing for the WSU/Tennessee game? I even changed the dates and couldn’t find it listed. What am I missing?

http://www.boxofficeticketsales.com/...FfPm7AodPlEAgw
                              That is just a ticket broker who doesn't have tickets for the WSU game.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamCC View Post
                                In your defense, I'm always in a much better mood after I get laid. So maybe people are more willing to fork over the dough.
                                Ticket sales have come to a screeching halt; everyone must be getting laid.

Comment

Working...
                                X