No announcement yet.

Hottest Ticket in Town - NOT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's all a matter of personal preference and what you're willing to spend your money for what you're getting. When it comes to money whether it's a $5 ticket, $12 ticket, $40 ticket or more, what makes it fair for one person to judge another person for how they are spending their money.

For everybody that's griping about the game not being a sellout, I'd love to see how many of those people 1.) own season tickets or 2.) been to all the games at IBA in past years.

I think people are just griping to gripe. If the game sold out, they'd move on to the next thing to gripe about.

So with that said, Go Shocks. Looking forward to Saturday, see you all there.
    ============

Reviewing the best establishments and restaurants in Wichita
    www.wichitabyeb.com

Comment

• Originally posted by EB 22 View Post
      It's all a matter of personal preference and what you're willing to spend your money for what you're getting. When it comes to money whether it's a $5 ticket, $12 ticket, $40 ticket or more, what makes it fair for one person to judge another person for how they are spending their money.

For everybody that's griping about the game not being a sellout, I'd love to see how many of those people 1.) own season tickets or 2.) been to all the games at IBA in past years.

I think people are just griping to gripe. If the game sold out, they'd move on to the next thing to gripe about.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• I sat up there for Tulsa, Southern Miss, and for K-State-West Virginia (my wife's brother was in the pep band and she also wanted to see Frank Martin...don't judge me). Is it as good as sitting courtside? Of course not. It isn't that bad though. I have heard that some of the very top rows behind the baskets are horrible because the catwalks on the ceiling drop too low and block the view but that's probably only about the top 5 rows. If you are in the lower half of the upper level though, you'll be fine.

I don't necessarily mind people preferring to not sit in the upper level because they are willing to pay the extra to sit in the lower level. That said, I don't like the attitude of some who sound as if they are "too good or important" to have to sit in upper level seating. I remember hearing a story about someone trying to get tickets for the Charleston NIT game, and upon hearing that the only tickets available were seats in the last couple of rows, replied, "You know I can't sit up there"...and it wasn't because of mobility issues.
        78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
          I chuckle every time someone calls them "nosebleeds" or refuses to sit in the upper bowl.
          What's even more hilarious are those who call the upper rows of Koch "nosebleeds." Until you have been at the very top of Arrowhead, Kauffman, Mile High, Coors Field, Georgia Dome, Chesapeake, and the like....don't even think about using "nosebleed" and "Koch Arena" in the same sentence.
          78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by EB 22 View Post
            It's all a matter of personal preference and what you're willing to spend your money for what you're getting. When it comes to money whether it's a $5 ticket, $12 ticket, $40 ticket or more, what makes it fair for one person to judge another person for how they are spending their money.

I for one would like a sellout, but not complaining about it...my only complaint is if people think it's sold out and miss out on going for that reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by martymoose View Post
              I for one would like a sellout, but not complaining about it...my only complaint is if people think it's sold out and miss out on going for that reason.
              I think we all would like a sell out. I've said from the start I don't see it happening but if it does Marty, shots on me after the game........... if we win though. Hell I'll even buy shots if we lose cause i'll be upset.
              ============

Reviewing the best establishments and restaurants in Wichita
              www.wichitabyeb.com

Comment

• I spent my first 15 years as a Shocker fan in row 28. The next 8 all over the place. Then on the floor for 10 years or so until where I am today. I enjoyed all the seats, probably the ones on the floor behind the bench the least (but those offered some of the best entertainment). If I lost my tickets today, I'd sit in the obstructed view seat in a heartbeat. I wouldn't say that for every team I support, but it's true for the Shocks.

Comment

• This is somewhat off-topic but the article points out some of the dynamics causing UK fans not to buy tickets in the upper decks of Rupp Arena and the dynamics of getting quality home games for UK fans at Rupp.

The prevalence of these made-for-TV, big-ticket affairs has all but turned the home-and-home series into an antique. Over the past four years, UK has played Duke, Michigan State, Kansas, Connecticut, Oklahoma, Washington, Maryland and Providence without any of those schools visiting Rupp Arena.

Why pay good money to squint from the rafters when you can sit in the comfort of your home with your free parking, your reasonably priced beverage and your Wi-Fi connection, all in front of your HD 60-inch screen television.

Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                    I spent my first 15 years as a Shocker fan in row 28. The next 8 all over the place. Then on the floor for 10 years or so until where I am today. I enjoyed all the seats, probably the ones on the floor behind the bench the least (but those offered some of the best entertainment). If I lost my tickets today, I'd sit in the obstructed view seat in a heartbeat. I wouldn't say that for every team I support, but it's true for the Shocks.
                    In row 31 for over a decade. Have no plans to ever change. Love those seats.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                      In row 31 for over a decade. Have no plans to ever change. Love those seats.
                      Ditto. Row 31, center court, and now with nothing but a camera bay behind us. No more drinks getting spilt on our coats!

Comment

• I like my seats in row 24 but the two guys that sit behind me you have to watch sometimes.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                          Ditto. Row 31, center court, and now with nothing but a camera bay behind us. No more drinks getting spilt on our coats!
                          those bums behind you moved to the east side, no?

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                            those bums behind you moved to the east side, no?
                            I haven't a clue. I wondered where they might have been moved to.

Comment

• I think they said straight across the arena.

Comment

• I've always been in the rows 29-30 zone, but now in my fourth spot, with @HockeyShock:. Our new location in 120 this year has us closer to center than ever, just four seats off the aisle, and with a GREAT bunch of fans around us.
                                Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
                                X