No announcement yet.

Hottest Ticket in Town - NOT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just checked Stub-hub. There are 117 tickets available for the WSU-Tennessee game starting at $24.50. There are nearly 500 tickets listed for the Gonzaga-Kstate game, starting at $17.50.

The 117 WSU tickets are 1.06% of the total tickets sold for that game vs. 4.28% of the tickets sold for the Gonzaga-Kstate game being listed on Stub-hub.
    Last edited by shox1989; December 6, 2013, 03:23 AM.

Comment

• This thread would be make a great case study for psychology students studying obsessive-compulsive behavior. There are other threads (that I also participate in) that would make good candidates too, but this one takes the cake IMHO. :)
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• :D

I just think it's fascinating and will make a good reference point for future years.

Comment

• Capture.JPG

Comment

• I dunno if 3,000+ tickets can be sold in a week unless some big group orders step and come through. Unfortunate.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• "PLAY ANGRY PLACE"

This was announced today on the INTRUST Bank internal site:

INTRUST Bank Arena renames street for Shockers game

In anticipation of the Wichita State vs. Tennessee basketball game on December 14, INTRUST Bank Arena will rename Waterman Street to "Play Angry Place." The transformation will take place on Monday, December 9 at 2 p.m. at Waterman and St. Francis, with special guest WSU basketball coach Gregg Marshall in attendance.
              "If you strive for perfection, often times you can achieve excellence." --Gregg Marshall

Comment

• Originally posted by SumShocker View Post
                This was announced today on the INTRUST Bank internal site:

INTRUST Bank Arena renames street for Shockers game

In anticipation of the Wichita State vs. Tennessee basketball game on December 14, INTRUST Bank Arena will rename Waterman Street to "Play Angry Place." The transformation will take place on Monday, December 9 at 2 p.m. at Waterman and St. Francis, with special guest WSU basketball coach Gregg Marshall in attendance.
                What do you think about that move, Shox1989?
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                  I dunno if 3,000+ tickets can be sold in a week unless some big group orders step and come through. Unfortunate.
                  It will be tough, but it is still doable. They have to average about 500 tickets sold per day. After the ORU game, I think there will be a lot of focus on the Tennessee game and the fact that it is not only the toughest game left on the home schedule but probably for the whole season for WSU. Hopefully with a little promotion they will get the job done.
                  Last edited by shox1989; December 7, 2013, 03:38 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                    What do you think about that move, Shox1989?
                    I like it. Now if they would only take down those purple banners, oh well I know THAT won't happen. The renaming the street ceremony will also help to promote the game. I still think it will sell out, but there really has to be a pick up in ticket sales for that to happen. Looking at SB's charts, if the ticket sales continue on the current pace, the final attendance will be somewhere near 13,000. Not bad, but this game really should be a sell out.
                    Last edited by shox1989; December 7, 2013, 03:39 AM.

Comment

• Remember, big games tend to have good walkup crowds. If it gets down to 1500 before gameday then I think it will be a sellout. Some weather in the 40s would also help.
                      You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

• I don't know, the way @SB Shock:'s graph looks, I think it will sell out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post
                          Remember, big games tend to have good walkup crowds. If it gets down to 1500 before gameday then I think it will be a sellout. Some weather in the 40s would also help.
                          This is very true. I am very surprised at the number of people that I have talked to that think the Tennessee game is already sold out. I am not sure why anyone would think that but I certainly have run into a number of people who have told me that. I also have talked to several people who said they might go to the Tennessee game and haven't decided for sure yet (and obviously hadn't bought tickets yet). I do think there also are some people that have been holding out for a "group-on type special".

Comment

• There is a special! All remaining tickets are only $12 or $22! You just don't tell them that has been the price all along!
                            Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Full house — WSU is predicting a sellout for Saturday’s men’s basketball game against Tennessee at Intrust Bank Arena.

As of Friday afternoon, around 3,800 tickets remained, according to WSU. The downtown arena seats 15,004. The Shockers will play their fourth game at the arena. WSU drew 14,112 against Tulsa in 2010, its largest crowd at the arena.

In past seasons, promoters discounted tickets as the game approached. According to WSU, that practice will not happen this year. Since the game is part of a home-and-home series, no promoter is involved.

Per Paul Sullentrop on Shockwaves
                              Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                                Full house — WSU is predicting a sellout for Saturday’s men’s basketball game against Tennessee at Intrust Bank Arena.

As of Friday afternoon, around 3,800 tickets remained, according to WSU. The downtown arena seats 15,004. The Shockers will play their fourth game at the arena. WSU drew 14,112 against Tulsa in 2010, its largest crowd at the arena.

In past seasons, promoters discounted tickets as the game approached. According to WSU, that practice will not happen this year. Since the game is part of a home-and-home series, no promoter is involved.

Per Paul Sullentrop on Shockwaves
                                As long as the media doesn't start reporting it as a sell out a few days before it actually sells out (a la the Tulsa game), I think it WILL SELL OUT this time.

Comment

Working...
                                X