No announcement yet.

Hottest Ticket in Town - NOT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am not a member of the WSU ticket office, nor am I a member of any ticket office, but if I had to guess, I would say that about 80% of the tickets are sold either 2 weeks after they go on sale or 2 weeks before the game. This is loosely based on a common statistical theory, the 80/20 rule, as well as studies of consumer buying habits. That would mean there should be an uptick in sales starting right about now.
    The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• People will show up for the Shox despite the location.
      Phi Alpha

Comment

• Sales are starting to pick up- 4,277 seats left. Only 526 are of the $22 variety- the rest are $12 seats.

Comment

• I am still counting on a sell out. I got to believe if 7000+ Shocker fans are willing to drive 3 hours to Kc to watch a Tuesday night game that started at 9:20 pm, 15,000 Shocker fans will make the 10 to 15 minutes trip downtown to see the Shocks play on a Saturday afternoon.

Comment

• We aren't a legitimate Top 10 team so I doubt it.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• My sarcasm meter just broke.

Comment

• PSA: 7 decent lower bowl seats were just released on Select-a-Seat if anyone is still looking for a good ticket. Five are together in a $27 section, two are together in a $42 section. Probably your last chance to get seats this good outside of stubhub.

4,161 upper bowl tickets remain.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                  PSA: 7 decent lower bowl seats were just released on Select-a-Seat if anyone is still looking for a good ticket. Five are together in a $27 section, two are together in a $42 section. Probably your last chance to get seats this good outside of stubhub.

4,161 upper bowl tickets remain.
                  So about 100 tickets since yesterday? 10 days to game day, that's 3100 remaining at that pace (which I would think is going to increase substantially from now on) and I would bet 1000+ walkup sales on game day. That's getting pretty darned close to sell out if the ad campaign can be a success over the next week or so.

Comment

• Attendance Record Projected for INTRUST Bank Arena Game

"We will not discount tickets for this premier game as game day approaches,” said Boatright."

WICHITA, Kan. ? Wichita State Athletics announced today that tickets are still available for the men's basketball game against Tennessee at INTRUST Bank Arena on Dec. 14 at 1 p.m.
                    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                      Attendance Record Projected for INTRUST Bank Arena Game

"We will not discount tickets for this premier game as game day approaches,” said Boatright."

http://www.goshockers.com/ViewArticl...CLID=209331781
                      Didn't we sell out the Tulsa game? How would this be an attendance record then?

Comment

• IIRC we were a handful short of officially selling out the game against Tulsa.

Comment

• Looks like about 900 short

Box score for the Wichita State Shockers vs. Tulsa Golden Hurricane NCAAM game from December 21, 2010 on ESPN. Includes all points, rebounds and steals stats.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocktheheart View Post
                            Didn't we sell out the Tulsa game? How would this be an attendance record then?
                            The media starting a few days before the Tulsa game started falsely reporting that the game was a sell out. I think that is why many people have the false impression that the Tulsa game was indeed sold out. Ironically enough, if the media hadn't falsely reported that it was a sell out the game would have more than likely been a sell out. Tickets were selling fast well on the pace for a sell out and the media always wanting to be first prematurely started reporting a sell out which consequently killed ticket sales the last couple of days.

Comment

• Capture.JPG

Comment

• I checked the Intrust Bank Arena site tonight. The remaining number of tickets available for the WSU game is now under 4,000. There are 361- $22 upper bowl tickets available and 3,601-$12 upper bowl tickets available. The lower bowl is sold out.

I also checked the Kstate game and their ticket sales appear to be stagnant. They still have 3,582 tickets available about the same place as they were over a week ago. They still have 230 lower bowl tickets available and 3,352 upper bowl tickets left.

Comment

Working...
                                X