No announcement yet.

Hottest Ticket in Town - NOT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The OKC Thunder-Chicago Bulls exhibition game last night at INTRUST was sold out. I didn't realize there were so many NBA fans in the Wichita area.

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
      The OKC Thunder-Chicago Bulls exhibition game last night at INTRUST was sold out. I didn't realize there were so many NBA fans in the Wichita area.
      I was there. K-State did a lot of advertising for their game against Gonzaga. However, I didn't see anything advertising our game. Disappointing.

Comment

Originally posted by shockerofandover0943 View Post
        I was there. K-State did a lot of advertising for their game against Gonzaga. However, I didn't see anything advertising our game. Disappointing.
        I only watched the ESPN channel for a short surf and I saw the WSU v. Tenn. game flash by once.

Comment

They had a WSU vs Tennessee ad come up on the ribbon last night. It had a bright yellow background and lit up the whole arena when it first appeared.
          ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

I got a little flyer advertising the KSU game as I was walking out.

Comment

Sellout. Book it.

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                walking out of the Eagles concert, also

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                  Could you mail it to me. I'm out of Charmin

Comment

They definitely advertised the WSU game last night.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                      They definitely advertised the WSU game last night.
                      I must have missed it then. I noticed the K-State ad on the ribbon. Also noticed the K-State I got on my car. Hope it's a sellout, it was nice to see that place packed last night.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerofandover0943 View Post
                        I must have missed it then. I noticed the K-State ad on the ribbon. Also noticed the K-State I got on my car. Hope it's a sellout, it was nice to see that place packed last night.
                        I have received a lot of advertising for the K-State-Gonzaga game and I have yet to see anything for our game against Tennessee. But I think it is a little early to advertise a college basketball game in December, so I am not worried about it yet.

It looks like they have sold over 8500 tickets so far with little or no advertising and they still have over 6 weeks to go before the game. I am not worried. It will sell out.

Comment

• KSU's sales are lagging those of the WSU-Tennessee game. If you go on Select-a-Seat, you can still buy the entire 'Row P' of section 126 ($75 seats). No such comparable seats are still available for the WSU game, especially not 10 in a row together.

They are advertising that game more heavily because it has a greater chance at lackluster attendance...especially if/when KSU has a decidedly mediocre start to the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                            KSU's sales are lagging those of the WSU-Tennessee game. If you go on Select-a-Seat, you can still buy the entire 'Row P' of section 126 ($75 seats). No such comparable seats are still available for the WSU game, especially not 10 in a row together.

They are advertising that game more heavily because it has a greater chance at lackluster attendance...especially if/when KSU has a decidedly mediocre start to the season.

I agree. I think K-State is doing this heavy advertising now hoping to sell as many tickets as possible before the season starts for just the reason you stated.

Comment

• Not that it means anything but to the casual college basketball fan Gonzaga is clearly the exciter in the KSU/Zags matchup. Whereas WSU is definitely the draw in the Shox/Tenn matchup. Completely irrelevant probably, but interesting.
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Just heard student tickets have sold out. Nice job student body!
                                "Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media,
                                which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Comment

Working...
                                X