Hottest Ticket in Town - NOT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
    Nobody has said that in this thread, but you chimed in anyway.

Because it didn't sell out in a week it's completely hopeless?

Blah blah blah

Even if it does sell out, you won't change your tune and will continue to ***** about the next non sellout.
    pin always implies it. If you can't figure that out, then you need to just go to bed for the night.

Sub, you're starting to sound like a mid-major fan. No, I didn't say it was hopeless, but I said it was less than stellar. And besides your boy pin was the one that started the "it's not going to be a sellout" talk. So if you wanna get all butthurt about it, bring it up with him.

Did you snap or are you just bored tonight?
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

A) How does "butts in seats" benefit WSU?

B) We have a nationally televised game against a Top 20 ranked BCS opponent.

C) If butts in seats equalled more money, wouldn't Duke have expanded Cameron by now?

D) Arguing just to argue is making this board dull.

E) We are not the fanbase we think we are.

F) We are not the program others think we are.

G) We change the previous point by beating that Top 20 BCS school on national TV.

H) It matters ZERO how many butts are in the seats when it happens.

I) Ratings makes the promoter, ESPN, and WSU more money.

Comment

What I said was that I would be surprised if it sells out. I would be. Fever agrees with me, sounds like.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
          $12 is sending you into economic despair?

Look Sub, I know you've had difficulties lately. Others have as well. But those aren't excuses that are made at Kentucky in Hillbillyville or Louisville in Bumpkinville, etc. If you want to be bragging about being a major program, well major programs are financed well and get support, no matter what the times.
          As proud as I am to be a WSU fan and alum, comparing our fanbase with UK or UL is disingenuous at best, asinine at worst. And things like that are why a lot of people don't take you seriously.

Comment

Wait there is only 7800 seats out of 15,000 left?

Whats all the bitching about?

Comment

Originally posted by Ta town View Post

Actually I just went to the Intrust Arena site and things aren't so bad. In fact, the game is probably already a financial success. It appears that the $152, $102, and $57 seats are all sold out. It appears that there is only one $42 seat left (there were 3 when I started adding them up, so two sold while I was making the calculations).

The 7,655 seats available mostly come from the $12 seats: 4,706 $12 seats available, 1898 $22 seats available and 1050 $27 seats available.

So while the arena is basically half sold right now (which isn't all that bad over 2 months before the game), it the expensive part that has been sold. In fact, if all of the unavailable seats have actually been sold they would have raised about $250,000 from ticket sales already. (That is assuming that all of the seats not available have been sold. Even if they have not been actually sold, I would assume the AD has held them because they are or they expect them to be spoken for).
              Last edited by shox1989; September 29, 2013, 11:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ta town View Post

I think what I have heard SF say is what is available right now to the public is not necessarily sold. There are a significant number of prime seats that are being held back (and may come available at a later time).

Comment

Most people don't have basketball on the mind right now. It's football and baseball season still. Come basketball season, ticket sales will pick up and the game will be pretty dang full.

Give it time.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                    A) How does "butts in seats" benefit WSU?
                    I dunno. Ask Coach Marshall about it and see if it's important to him.

B) We have a nationally televised game against a Top 20 ranked BCS opponent.
                    And it doesn't bother you if the nation sees gaping holes in seating during that game in WSU's hometown?

C) If butts in seats equalled more money, wouldn't Duke have expanded Cameron by now?
                    Are we really comparing ourselves with Duke now?

D) Arguing just to argue is making this board dull.
                    Yeah, because there's been a lot to argue about in the last 5 months. And yes, message boards are supposed to not have any disagreements. None at all. Is the above reason the same reason you wanted Cold removed?

E) We are not the fanbase we think we are.
                    Agreed.

F) We are not the program others think we are.
                    I don't understand this one.

G) We change the previous point by beating that Top 20 BCS school on national TV.
                    And having a large home crowd behind you doesn't help with that?

H) It matters ZERO how many butts are in the seats when it happens.
                    This couldn't be a more inaccurate statement. I seriously hope you don't believe this.

I) Ratings makes the promoter, ESPN, and WSU more money.
                    Having games that are not well attended, especially high caliber games in WSU's hometown, will lessen the likelihood of a promoter bringing in a similar type game for WSU, which in turn hurts WSU, and their chance for exposure on ESPN.

This was not one of your best posts.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                      What I said was that I would be surprised if it sells out. I would be. Fever agrees with me, sounds like.
                      And why would you be surprised?
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                        I think what I have heard SF say is what is available right now to the public is not necessarily sold. There are a significant number of prime seats that are being held back (and may come available at a later time).
                        oh gotcha

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                          As proud as I am to be a WSU fan and alum, comparing our fanbase with UK or UL is disingenuous at best, asinine at worst. And things like that are why a lot of people don't take you seriously.
                          My point was that those are not the most vibrant economic areas in the country and they still pack their places full of fans. No, I'm not comparing the WSU fanbase and the UK and UL fanbases directly.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                            My point was that those are not the most vibrant economic areas in the country and they still pack their places full of fans. No, I'm not comparing the WSU fanbase and the UK and UL fanbases directly.
                            They still pack their arenas because their fan base is 5-10 times bigger than the Shockers.

Comment

Many WSU fans have already spent their BB budget on season tickets and SASO. That could leave a lot of season ticket holders either buying no tickets or fewer tickets than they have in their season ticket packages.

Comparing WSU sales at IBA to KSU sales at IBA is pointless. Most KSU fans in Wichita have spent zero of their budget for BB on season tickets because of the distance to Manhattan. Those fans are going to sell out IBA. It's their only chance to see KSU all year. When it's an extra $50 for Shocker fans to see a game at IBA, there are going to be some who are economically eliminated.
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by DPruett2333 View Post
                                They still pack their arenas because their fan base is 5-10 times bigger than the Shockers.
                                That and they have solid supporting fanbases, something WSU fans also try to lay claim to.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X