CU Post Game Comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CU Post Game Comments

I was so mad, during the last 8 minutes of the ball game, I could have chewed nails.

After the loss, I decided to cool off by watching a movie, before I came typing down the stairs. I saw one of those awful John McClane/Die Hard movies.

I think we have a hell of a coach on our hands.

He has coached this rag tag, limited talent team to some impressive close, but no cigar games.

Lost to Drake by 3. (I don't count the garbage points in the last 30 seconds.)

Lost to CU at Koch by 3.

Lost to CU at Quiet Center by 2

Lost to Illinois State at Koch by 3.

Lost to the Baylor Bears by 9. The mighty Baylor Bears of the Big 12.

I could pile onto a couple of the players. The good Lord and Teresa heard me take their names in vain enough, during the last 8 minutes. Alas, I will not.

I think it is fair to say that Coach Turgeon has replaced Coach Fogler as the coach, who left us with the least. No, I am not trying to start another love/hate conversation about Coach Turgeon.

The team played so hard in the first half, I think they just ran out of gas.

In the first half, Gal did not get his first rest, until the 10 minute mark.

In closing, I must say, I am sure help is on the way.

I mean what we suited up 7 or 8 guys? If we had maybe one of the injured guys in a uni, we would've been fresh enough to close it.

Comment

This team has spunk!!! This team fought hard tonight. We got a very nice game on both sides of the court from Lance Harris. PJ was swatting away several shots without fouling. Gal was solid. I wish HCGM would have got the time out he was calling for at the end. We need PT, RC, and PF to not foul out. PJ found a way to play tough D and did not foul so much.

Right now, I know we will find ways to win some more games this very year. Coach will bring us in 2 or more solid recruits over and above what he has and get us reloaded. I still believe EO is coming. When it is all said and done, it will be a recruiting class to write home about. It will be our best recruiting class for a very long time.

As we have witnessed the unexpected quick turn around of Drake, we also know it can and will and we be done here soon! Very soon!!!!!!!
      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

From my viewpoint one very encouraging aspect from tonight was Durley's D. I can't recall him losing his man tonight (maybe one foul when his man got behind him). Overall, I thought he showed a lot of improvement in that aspect while continuing to sparkle on the offensive end.

Comment

As usual Ricky makes a superb point.

We have the right leader. Download the audio and listen to his postgame comments. The guy has spunk. He is going to enjoy pissing in everyone else's punchbowl.

I look back and wonder how in the hell he is getting so much out of so little......and compare it to last year and think how we got so little out of so much.

"I like it that they are so happy about beating us......today."

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu
            From my viewpoint one very encouraging aspect from tonight was Durley's D. I can't recall him losing his man tonight (maybe one foul when his man got behind him). Overall, I thought he showed a lot of improvement in that aspect while continuing to sparkle on the offensive end.

I was thinking the same thing. In fairness (or maybe not to give JT too much credit) CU's bigs are really slow afoot and they are not a terrible matchup for us.

I am having thoughts, that to be honest with you, I am not very pleased with myself for thinking.

Comment

Right on Doc!!!! HCGM is a fierce competitor and he will right this ship into a motor speed boat that roars us ahead to the Dance in due time.
              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu
                The time JT lost his guy was when he flashed out on a ball screen. He stayed too long, his guy got the entry pass and JT had to foul. After that, he didn't stay long enough and CU got at least one 3-pointer as a result. That at least tells me that he learned from his earlier mistake. He just over-compensated.

I agree he did better tonight. And I would call his defending of the ball screens a freshman mistake.

But it's progress and I'll take it!

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg Marshall
                  I feel bad for our Seniors tonight because I'll win here.
                  Didn't sound to me like he's been considering other "opportunities".

You can hear the anticipation in his voice to go at the Valley with a loaded gun next year.
                  "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                  -John Wooden

Comment

How do I listen to his post game comments?

Comment

I must have missed the Memo, but why didn't Hatch play??

i didn't read anything about him all week then he winds up not suiting up?

i must have missed something.
                      veni, vidi, vici

Comment

Originally posted by DPruett2333
                        How do I listen to his post game comments?
                        Click on the WSU-CU game, then go to around 02:25:20 to listen to the post game comments by Coach Marshall with Mike Kennedy.

Comment

Hatch suited up, but he did not play. No memo. I think the Jay guards woulda ate him up.

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle
                            Originally posted by Gregg Marshall
                            I feel bad for our Seniors tonight because I'll win here.
                            You can hear the anticipation in his voice to go at the Valley with a loaded gun next year.

I'm going to be carrying that comment, and those anticipations in my back pocket for a very long time.

I'm not going to fair very well this off season, I'm afraid.

Lastly, I too feel badly for our Seniors. They deserved a far, far better fate.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Comment

I think Marshall is going to win everywhere in a year or two. And once this program is established, they are going to talk about how no one can beat the Shox at the Chuck. It is going to be good. Marshall is just taking it for now because he can't do anything else. Then there is going to be payback time and it's going to be a *****!

After last nights game, I was so mad, I am surprised I controlled myself and didn't break anything.
                              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Working...
                              X