CU Post Game Comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by notquiteBWing
    I must have missed the Memo, but why didn't Hatch play??

i didn't read anything about him all week then he winds up not suiting up?

i must have missed something.
    The Shockers played man.

Comment

First observations are we out-rebounded Creighton 33-15! Our Shocks are not tall but box out and normally out-rebound our opponets. Both teams had 11 assists. We had 7 blocks and PJ had 3 of those which tied Creighton's team effort of total blocks.

Next, we made one more field goal and 2 more free-throws then Creighton, and still lost. However, they made more treys, we were whistled for more fouls, and Creighton had on 6 turnovers to our 11.

My last observation is expounding on HCGM. My spin on him is that he is not intimidated by anything he has witnessed thus far in the Valley. He inherited this team and he will build this team into a winner. This takes time. He hates losing and he will dig us out of this dismal Season. He will keep Coaching and teaching every player this year to the best of his ability. He seems to be more relaxed now and you can just tell by his comments that he KNOWS the Shocks will be back to the top. FSF is proud of the fight in our Shocks last night and am with our team all the way!!! :wsu_posters:
      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Here we go again... come on this team has alot more talent than what Turgeon inherited... this team has more talent than what the young Smithson inherited. Right leader probably but time will tell. Just stop all the Turgeon blaming!
        Pass the Doughnuts!

Comment

I have to disagree to some degree on Durley's D. After he got left on the play where he fouled, he did not show enough and the CU guard he was supposed to be showing on hit two treys (or at least long FGs). Of course, maybe the coaching staff told him not to show on those high picks, but I doubt it. I think a couple of Watts' threes were also over him. And he missed the blockout on Watts at the end. All that being said, I do think he is getting better and he hit the boards hard last night. He has a great deal of talent.
          Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

Ricky, how about an analysis on the scoring, rebounding, etc. of the players left over after the Fogler to Cohen, Cohen to Thompson, Thompson to Smithson, Smithson to Turgeon, and Turgeon to Marshall coaching changes. I will be interested to see if the numbers match your theory.
            Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

The fact that Thompson left a freshman Perez for Smithson alone trumps what GM had waiting for him to build a program around.

Comment

Coach can taste it, the boys can taste it. That win's coming.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan
                  My last observation is expounding on HCGM. My spin on him is that he is not intimidated by anything he has witnessed thus far in the Valley. He inherited this team and he will build this team into a winner.
                  He seemed to have come to terms with this year and I think he has concluded that if he gets his players in he can have success.

Comment

Originally posted by Fatguy
                    Here we go again... come on this team has alot more talent than what Turgeon inherited... this team has more talent than what the young Smithson inherited. Right leader probably but time will tell. Just stop all the Turgeon blaming!
                    Turgeon should be given his props for where he got this program to and what he accomplished. It was all these things that made the situation possible where WSU could get a coach of Marshall caliber.

But being that said, it's clear that Turgeon had some significant recruiting misses that left the program with little margin of error for this year. That margin disappeared when Matty B went down.

Comment

Originally posted by wsu789
                      Ricky, how about an analysis on the scoring, rebounding, etc. of the players left over after the Fogler to Cohen, Cohen to Thompson, Thompson to Smithson, Smithson to Turgeon, and Turgeon to Marshall coaching changes. I will be interested to see if the numbers match your theory.
                      It sounds like too much work, but I might.

I did not say the legend of Coach Fogler was justified.

I merely stated, based upon what I have read on SN in recent months, that we now have a new legend. I probably was not clear.

You do raise an interesting question, though academic. We do like to chew the fat about these kind of matters. Sometimes, it appears as a matter of life and/or death.

Nevertheless, I think you will agree the cupboard was not full, when Coach Marshall arrived. Or do you?

Comment

Originally posted by 7hottamales
                        The fact that Thompson left a freshman Perez for Smithson alone trumps what GM had waiting for him to build a program around.
                        Thompson left Perez?

Where would Thompson had taken him, if he didn't leave him for RS?

Comment

Jason was Scott's recruit. Scott's contract was bought out the spring of Jason's senior year in high school. Jason honored his commitment to WSU, as opposed to what happened last year.

Comment

Yea, I know that. The point is that Thompson was fired and had no where to take Perez. Smithson had to re-recruit him.

Let's not be whiners.

I think that finally the Fogler whining has subsided . . . after 19 years.

Comment

Perez was a great player but remind me how many NCAA tournaments, sweet 16's, and NIT's did he go to? It does kill us now that Matt is hurt. I'm to lazy to look it up but I would think Cousnards career numbers are similar to Perez's. I think it's more of the fact of a coaching change that is making it so difficult this year. It happens just about everywhere when there is a coaching change no matter the level or level of talent. Marshall will be great but do really believe that we would be 2-9 in the Valley if Turgeon was still here?

Yes I do like to CHEW THE FAT also from time to time... I mean I'm the fatguy after all!
                              Pass the Doughnuts!

Comment

It's tough to compare the 2. There weren't 2 players outside of Jason that would have even made one of PJ's teams.

That being said, Jason's numbers are FAR better than PJ's.

ALL TIME, Jason is #6 in scoring, 1 in steals and #10 in assists. He was also a solid rebounder and a really good defender.

I love PJ, but Jason was a better player. If he would have played with the talent PJ had......wow. He made everyone better....much better. They were just bad to begin with.

Comment

Working...
                                X