No announcement yet.

Gregg Doyel's Terrible Predictions from 2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Until we make consisted appearances in the national polls and the NCAA tournament with some March success, I don't understand how anyone can talk down about the Zags. Yes, they never made the Final Four, but in some peoples minds, we could easily be another George Mason and never make a run again. I don't believe that, but it's excessively arrogant to diminish Gonzaga in the mean time. Or ever for that matter. They are the ones who've set the bar for continued success out of a non-BcS conference.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by Shoxfan11 View Post
      It would be nice if journalists would occasionally take a look back at articles like these instead of only reminding of us the times that they were right.
      In all fairness how is a guy supposed to remember some obscure piece he wrote 6 years ago? Those guys are pumping out new content faster than fast. If he writes two articles per week, that's 100 articles per year ... over 5 years that's 500 pieces of content to track. Even if it was one article per week it would be 250 pieces of content.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
        Until we make consisted appearances in the national polls and the NCAA tournament with some March success, I don't understand how anyone can talk down about the Zags. Yes, they never made the Final Four, but in some peoples minds, we could easily be another George Mason and never make a run again.
        George Mason's coach only stayed one season after the final four run and ended up at Miami. As long as HCGM is here I like our chances to match the Zags.
        "Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media,
        which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
          Last I checked, Gonzaga would love to be the next Wichita State.
          This

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerKhan View Post
            George Mason's coach only stayed one season after the final four run and ended up at Miami. As long as HCGM is here I like our chances to match the Zags.
            Jim Larranaga took GMU to the Final Four in 2006. He left GMU in 2011. 2011-2006=5.
            Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
            Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
              In all fairness how is a guy supposed to remember some obscure piece he wrote 6 years ago? Those guys are pumping out new content faster than fast. If he writes two articles per week, that's 100 articles per year ... over 5 years that's 500 pieces of content to track. Even if it was one article per week it would be 250 pieces of content.
              Stewart Mandel writes a similar piece every year at SI. He goes back 5 years later and looks at how he did. It wouldn't be that difficult for everyone to do the same and it gives them another easy column idea for the offseason.

Comment

Funny. But I know there are a lot of dumb predictions I have made in the past that I am awfully glad that only my wife remembers.

And trust me, they never forget.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                  Until we make consisted appearances in the national polls and the NCAA tournament with some March success, I don't understand how anyone can talk down about the Zags. Yes, they never made the Final Four, but in some peoples minds, we could easily be another George Mason and never make a run again. I don't believe that, but it's excessively arrogant to diminish Gonzaga in the mean time. Or ever for that matter. They are the ones who've set the bar for continued success out of a non-BcS conference.
                  Why would anyone want to talk down the Zags. The only thing I don't like is that they're playing in Wichita against a team other than the Shocks. And by the way, why does IBA advertise that game and not the Shocker/Tennessee game on upcoming events.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                    Why would anyone want to talk down the Zags. The only thing I don't like is that they're playing in Wichita against a team other than the Shocks. And by the way, why does IBA advertise that game and not the Shocker/Tennessee game on upcoming events.
                    Just looked and WSU vs TN was listed right in front of the K St game.

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                      I sent it to him on twitter hahaha he replied....

https://twitter.com/GreggDoyelCBS/st...41298526928896
                      Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post
                      At least he is man enough to laugh at himself.
                      That and he obviously seemed to think very highly of WSU, even stating he thougt MT underperformed here. So the guy can't be all bad.
                      "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316 View Post
                        Jim Larranaga took GMU to the Final Four in 2006. He left GMU in 2011. 2011-2006=5.
                        Don't go screwing up a good story with facts.:)

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                          Just looked and WSU vs TN was listed right in front of the K St game.
                          The Friday GO section did not have the shockers listed again. They listed Luke Bryan, Blake Shelton, Eagles, Wichita Thunder, OKC Thunder vs. Bulls, Wichita Wildcat Classic, and Monster Jam. Months - Sept. to January.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                            The Friday GO section did not have the shockers listed again. They listed Luke Bryan, Blake Shelton, Eagles, Wichita Thunder, OKC Thunder vs. Bulls, Wichita Wildcat Classic, and Monster Jam. Months - Sept. to January.
                            No reason I can think of that IBA would not list the WSU game except if a part or most of the ad for each event is paid by the one promoting an event.

Comment

The web page has the game listed.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                                It's been on their website since it was announced but never on the GO Section Ad.

Comment

Working...
                                X