Gregg Doyel's Terrible Predictions from 2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
    It's been on their website since it was announced but never on the GO Section Ad.
    Sounds more like an Eagle problem than an IBA problem.

Why don't you give them a call about it?
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

maybe they're more worried about being able to sell tickets to the mildcats.

Comment

Obviously, either the Eagle is writing an ad that supports the Wildcats more than the Shocks or IBA is giving them an ad that is less supportive of the Shockers. I don't know how advertising is done, so I was hoping someone that is very knowledgeable of the subject would weigh in. I think that Fever thinks of himself of an expert in all areas of life. :)

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
          Obviously, either the Eagle is writing an ad that supports the Wildcats more than the Shocks or IBA is giving them an ad that is less supportive of the Shockers. I don't know how advertising is done, so I was hoping someone that is very knowledgeable of the subject would weigh in. I think that Fever thinks of himself of an expert in all areas of life. :)
          I'll weigh in, again, although not because I'm knowledgeable on the subject. What possible reason would the Eagle or IBA have for not promoting WSU? The Eagle is going print whatever artwork layout they're given by IBA. The Eagle does not pick and choose which events to stick in it. Since the ad costs money and IBA is the one being charged, there are 2 possible reasons that come to mind. One, and not likely, IBA picks and chooses who to promote. Not likely as that would p*ss off any event not getting the pub. Two, the event/promoter pays IBA to have their event listed. There is probably variable levels of cost depending on how much the event/promoter wants to spend which would equal how often the event will appear in IBA's ads.

Comment

Maybe they're worried about the Kittens putting forth their typical attendance effort. They know we'll represent, but they're probably worried about an official attendance of 12k, with an actual attendance around 3k...
            Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
            Students > Alumni
            If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
            The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerEngr View Post
              maybe they're more worried about being able to sell tickets to the mildcats.
              Originally posted by fastbow View Post
              Maybe they're worried about the Kittens putting forth their typical attendance effort. They know we'll represent, but they're probably worried about an official attendance of 12k, with an actual attendance around 3k...
              West Virginia 85, Kansas St. INTRUST Bank Arena - Wichita, KS - Attendance: 15004.

Wichita State- 59 Southern Miss -51 Attendance:9,619

It's pretty embarrassing.
              The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

All this Gregg Doyle discussion is fascinating.

Comment

It's August on SN....

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                  All this Gregg Doyle discussion is fascinating.
                  Dan, you're a veteran poster and you've seen this type of gibberish every year during the July/August months.

This year is no different and probably even more so due to the unparalleled success of last year and the anticipation for the upcoming season.

Case in point - In the past week, we've had a silly ass poll, asinine claims of racism and too many off topic ramblings to count.

At least there have been some pretty cool pictures of the new scoreboard!

As mentioned, it's August on SN. Business as usual.

That is all.
                  Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockRef View Post
                    Dan, you're a veteran poster and you've seen this type of gibberish every year during the July/August months.

This year is no different and probably even more so due to the unparalleled success of last year and the anticipation for the upcoming season.

Case in point - In the past week, we've had a silly ass poll, asinine claims of racism and too many off topic ramblings to count.

At least there have been some pretty cool pictures of the new scoreboard!

As mentioned, it's August on SN. Business as usual.

That is all.
                    I know, I was half kidding and don't really care when threads get derailed. I just wanted to throw Gregg Doyle a bone.

Comment

I like Doyle. He obviously had a horrible success rate on these predictions but he's a pretty decent writer who's been fairly favorable to the Shox.
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Isn't Doyel mostly a college football guy? He also seems like a former MMA fighter.

Comment

Couldn't tell ya as I don't read anything related to college football. He does a fair amount of basketball though.
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                          X