Top 144 countdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Signman View Post
    Texas has incredibly deep pockets and could hire any coach they want, football or basketball. There will be a new AD in Austin and he or she will want their own coaches.
    Still has no effect on us.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by Signman View Post
      Texas has incredibly deep pockets and could hire any coach they want, football or basketball. There will be a new AD in Austin and he or she will want their own coaches.
      Again, how does this have anything to do with us? You do realize that Coach Marshall essentially turned down UCLA, not giving them a chance to offer him what Alford eventually received ($2.6 million a year). You are failing to remember that Texas doesn't care about basketball. Gregg would HATE that sort of environment.
      78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
        Again, how does this have anything to do with us? You do realize that Coach Marshall essentially turned down UCLA, not giving them a chance to offer him what Alford eventually received ($2.6 million a year). You are failing to remember that Texas doesn't care about basketball. Gregg would HATE that sort of environment.
        While I agree with this, an opening like Texas is big enough to start the coaching carousel that could open more tempting positions. That said, I'm not worried about it.

I do not think Texas will be the 58th best team in the country this year. I do not think they will be the 158th best team in the country this year. I hope we: 1. Do not have to play them. 2. Do not lose to them. 3. Do not have to watch one of their players ruin his career during a pregame dunk contest.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
          While I agree with this, an opening like Texas is big enough to start the coaching carousel that could open more tempting positions. That said, I'm not worried about it.

I do not think Texas will be the 58th best team in the country this year. I do not think they will be the 158th best team in the country this year. I hope we: 1. Do not have to play them. 2. Do not lose to them. 3. Do not have to watch one of their players ruin his career during a pregame dunk contest.
          I don't see Texas pulling in a coach that would open up a job that 3G might consider. Texas has a lot of money but suspect support for basketball. If 3G leaves it'll be for the east coast and a big time job. Those jobs aren't going to open up because of Texas.
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

I hope all of you are right.

Comment

Anyone elses mind get blown when Brad Stevens went to the NBA? I think there will always be an outside chance that could happen to our coach.

Comment

Read the link that @WholeWheat posted here.

Coach Marshall isn't going anywhere.

Comment

I think you would have to look at Texas. But I also hope I'm wrong. I hope Barnes gets it going this year but he has a tough road to hoe.

Comment

row

Comment

One of the big things that 3G likes about WSU is the fact that this town absolutely loves Shocker Basketball. He's not going to go anywhere that doesn't love the basketball program no matter how much they pay. Texas basketball can be good, but it'll never be close to top dog in Austin. He loves being THE man leading THE program.

He also knows there are no limits to what he can accomplish here. He can continue to build on what he's done and be a contender on any given, or every, year. He can make around 2M annually and that goes a long way as well.

In my opinion, if 3G were to leave, it would be for a no brainer job or sometime after Maggie graduates HS and then be for a no brainer type job. I believe Maggie is in 8th grade this year.
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Not only would Marshall hate being a DISTANT, DISTANT second to football and maybe even baseball, he has repeatedly said he does not want to rebuild again. He would have to do a lot of that at Texas.

People, when Marshall said "it would take an incredible offer" to lure him away from Wichita State, I don't believe he was talking about money. I think he's waiting for a STABLE blue-blood (not UCLA) to offer him a job. If Marshall leaves, his next stop will be Duke, North Carolina, Kentucky, Florida, Syracuse, etc. Hopefully not Kansas.

Comment

Yeah and in a few years coach K may retire at Duke. He keeps talking about the possibility...

Comment

i hope we do play Texas, for name recognition alone, and to shut Longhorn fans up who still think they have a really good basketball program...its mediocre at best and they are still living off their past success...Wichita State and Texas final is what I want to see, and a win would be awesome

Comment

Coach K retiring scares me.

Comment

Originally posted by choida View Post
                                i hope we do play Texas, for name recognition alone, and to shut Longhorn fans up who still think they have a really good basketball program...its mediocre at best and they are still living off their past success...Wichita State and Texas final is what I want to see, and a win would be awesome
                                I hope we get BYU. It would be a much more impressive win as they should actually be pretty good. Texas is going to suck and we aren't going to get much help from the MVC for seeding. How about Texas losing to BYU and DePaul? That may shut up the few fans that actually still think Texas is good.

Originally posted by SirShoxAlot View Post
                                Coach K retiring scares me.
                                That could create quite the domino effect. Hard to tell what would happen there.
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                                X