Top 144 countdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 144 countdown

College Sports Madness has Evansville as their first MVC team mentioned at #117 and 4th in the league.

college sports madness,Men's Basketball,Missouri Valley,Evansville,Joel Welser
    In the fast lane

Well that's horrible

Comment

I'd be stunned if there are 3 top 100 teams at the end of the season. The only chance anyone outside of Indiana State (and Evansville I think) has is going to be playing us twice or three times.

Comment

Davidson #105

college sports madness,Men's Basketball,Southern,Davidson,Joel Welser
        In the fast lane

Comment

Tulsa #96

college sports madness,Men's Basketball,Conference USA,Tulsa,Joel Welser
          In the fast lane

Comment

I would say that both UNI and Bradley may actually have a chance to be Top 100 by the end of the season. UNI isn't great, but well coached and can be a "solid" team and Bradley has a lot of upside. I still don't think that Evansville is a top half team this year and could potentially be playing on Thursday.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
              I would say that both UNI and Bradley may actually have a chance to be Top 100 by the end of the season. UNI isn't great, but well coached and can be a "solid" team and Bradley has a lot of upside. I still don't think that Evansville is a top half team this year and could potentially be playing on Thursday.
              This year will likely define whether Marty gets any credit for being a good coach, or whether Ryan was the guy at UE the last several years. They've got a Fr PG out of Cleveland with some great credentials.

If UE is a Thursday team, then I'd imagine it would be Loyola avoiding Thursday. I doubt that DU, SIU, or IlSU has a chance to avoid Thursday.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

This listing is bogus.

Miami (FLA) is rated #133 and North Carolina State is #144.

Western Kentucky is rated #132. Hard to believe that Evansville would be better than those 3 teams.

By contrast, WSU, last year was rated #84.
                Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                  This listing is bogus.

Miami (FLA) is rated #133 and North Carolina State is #144.
                  Don't remember NC State's situation, but I think Miami lost a ton.
                  Originally posted by BleacherReport
                  Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
                    Wasn't it Miami that picked up K-State's Angel Rodriguez?

Comment

Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
                      NC State lost 6 of their top 7 scorers (including their top 4) and 6 of their top 7 rebounders (including their top 2 - who were top two by a wide margin). Returners accounted for 17.3 ppg and 6.4 rpg. According to Rivals, NC State's recruiting class is highlighted by the #5 pg in the nation (#27 overall), the #5 c in the nation (#58 overall), the #14 pf in the nation (#93 overall), and a 3-star JUCO sg. Rivals ranks NCSU #15 in the school ranking for 2013.

Miami lost 7 of their top 8 scorers (including their top 6) and their top 6 rebounders. Returners accounted for 10.3 ppg and 6.3 rpg. According to Rivals, Miami is bringing in the #18 sf in the nation (#104 overall), the #26 sg in the nation (#109 overall), a 3-star pg, and a 3-star pf.
                      "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingWheat View Post
                        Wasn't it Miami that picked up K-State's Angel Rodriguez?
                        Yes, although I don't think the NCAA has ruled yet whether he will be eligible for next year or will have to sit out (correct me if I missed an announcement).
                        "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

They project Indiana State to finish at #63 and #2 in the Valley. They predict that the Sycs will make the NIT.

college sports madness,Men's Basketball,Missouri Valley,Indiana State,Joel Welser

They project UNI to finish at #79 and #3 in the Valley. They predict that UNI will also make the NIT.

college sports madness,Men's Basketball,Missouri Valley,Northern Iowa,Joel Welser

Comment

Potential CBE opponent, Texas, comes in at #58, projected to finish 6th in the big 12 and predicted to play in the NIT.

Comment

58 for Texas seems really out of step with what people on this boards expectations are. Hope they end that high.
                              Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Working...
                              X