13/14 Commitment Summary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wufan View Post
    Come on guys! Playing PG in high school does not make you a PG in college. Cotton, Wessel, Baker, Bowles, Holland and VanVleet all played PG in high school.
    I don't know. That looks pretty intimidating/encouraging to me

Comment

cotton has run some point at wsu, it's just been in small doses. Anyone who says otherwise hasn't watched all the games.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
        cotton has run some point at wsu, it's just been in small doses. Anyone who says otherwise hasn't watched all the games.
        I honestly don't recall him initiating a single offensive set not on a fast break. I guess I missed it.
        Livin the dream

Comment

I watched every game either at home or away. Cotton occasionally brought the ball up the court last year, but it was usually because of how the other team was guarding Armstead. The other team sometimes (Louisville and a couple of other teams were very good with pressure) would pressure our point guards so much, and Cotton was better than the 3 he was playing against so he brought the ball up the court, thus taking the pressure off of the Point Guards. There was always another point in the game (FVV or Armstead) at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
            I watched every game either at home or away. Cotton occasionally brought the ball up the court last year, but it was usually because of how the other team was guarding Armstead. The other team sometimes (Louisville and a couple of other teams were very good with pressure) would pressure our point guards so much, and Cotton was better than the 3 he was playing against so he brought the ball up the court, thus taking the pressure off of the Point Guards. There was always another point in the game (FVV or Armstead) at the same time.
            That I recall.
            Livin the dream

Comment

you guys are making too much out of it. He can and has played some point and probably will continue to play a little as needed but will mostly play the 2 or 3 spot.

Comment

Did Cotton play any point his Freshman year? I thought I remembered him doing that for a few short minutes during blowouts.

Comment

You are correct that Marshall tried him at the point. Joe Rags won the job and Demetric, Toure, and Tekele competed for the back up role. Demetric ultimately won the back up role and during the final half of that season. If you remember, Joe couldn't leave the game for very long without our offense taking a hit although D Will had a few games where he shot extremely well, and ran the offense with reasonable efficiency (D Will always played good defense). While this was happening, Tekele only played the position during mop up times at the end of games.

It is my opinion that Gregg hasn't considered him a point guard (from his comments) since that time but TC is an invaluable member of this team.

Comment

I'm sure that FVV starts at point. I think baker will be the primary backup at least early. Bowles will probably brought along slowly much like FVV this year. Cotton may pickup a few minutes also, as HCGM seems to like his 2 guards able to play some PG to take the pressure off the primary ball handler.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                      you guys are making too much out of it. He can and has played some point and probably will continue to play a little as needed but will mostly play the 2 or 3 spot.
                      Just pull up some footage.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

give it a rest. I'm not that passionate about the topic.

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                          Just pull up some footage.
                          have to do that every time I get dressed.......

Comment

I don't think anyone thinks Cotton will be a primary PG for us. Mostly I just think he may a few minutes a game as a 3rd, 4th, or 5th option if some of his minutes at SF go to Wessel or Early, because Cotton is a guy that is hard to keep off the court whether his minutes come from PG, SG, or SF. Heck, maybe we will go all SIU-style and play him at PF (SIU played the shortest lineup in all of D1 last year).

Comment

Working...
                            X