13/14 Commitment Summary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 13/14 Commitment Summary

Would someone provide a summary of our next season commitments: (and redshirts from last season)

Example - Johnny Example, 6'8", 230, from High Point, GA., plays the 4, face up player, good midrange shot, crashes the boards, needs to work on 3 point range. Athletic.

Originally posted by Snapshot9 View Post
    Would someone provide a summary of our next season commitments: (and redshirts from last season)

Example - Johnny Example, 6'8", from High Point, GA., plays the 4, face up player, good midrange shot, crashes the boards, needs to work on 3 point range. Athletic.
    Kai, I just asked a similar question on the Recruiting Forum. You might delete it.

Snap's post is way better than mine.
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

@tropicalshox: does an AMAZING job putting everything you need to know about recruiting in one thread. Those who are committed have a "is a SHOCKER". In each thread you will find what you need to know about each player.

He, and others, visit dozens of sites to bring things to one thread.

Surely you can read one thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9 View Post

Example - Johnny Example, 6'8", 230, from High Point, GA., plays the 4, face up player, good midrange shot, crashes the boards, needs to work on 3 point range. Athletic.
        "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
        -John Wooden

Comment

Zack Brown is the only 2014 verbal currently.

http://shockernet.net/forum/showthread.php?14843-Zachary-Brown-Class-of-2014-Verbal-to-WSU
          Livin the dream

Comment

Is he asking about '14 or '13?

'14
            Zach Brown

'13
            Darius Carter
            Shaq Morris
            Rian Holland
            DJ Bowles

'12 but redshirt so is a FR with the '13 class.
            Derail Green

Didn't see anything on Kadeem Coleby as a transfer.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

http://shockernet.net/forum/showthread.php?13823-new-walk-on

Kadeem Coleby's thread.
              Livin the dream

Comment

Kadeem Coleby, red-shirt transfer. Linked.

Comment

In case the OP just wanted an idea of the new players of our roster, here is what I've gathered:

Freshmen:
                  PG, DJ Bowles (6'2, 170): Probably back-up PG this year, similar to FVV last year. According to coach, farther along than FVV was last year at the same time.
                  PG, Rian Holland (5'11, 150): Redshirt candidate with really deep range. Needs to build muscle play Marshall level defense, but has the skills.
                  PF/C, Shaquille Morris (6'8, 280): Very athletic big man, emphasis on big. Very apt namesake. Coach wants him to get down to 260, and supposedly he could grow to 6'10 or taller. Expect big things in a few years, and 10-15 MPG this year.

Redshirt Freshman:
                  SF/PF, Derail Green (6'7, 200): 3PT shooter. Redshirted last year for defensive reasons, but supposedly the best shooter on the team. I'd expect him to play a Wiggins-esque role of instant offense at either the SF or PF positions as the situation demands. Defense is still a question mark.

JUCO transfers:
                  PF, Earl Watson (6'7, 240): A freak athlete, but currently not on campus. Has had academic problems, but continued to stay faithful to Shockers since he originally committed in 2011 as a high school player. May get the Armstead treatment for his faithfulness (one year probation with no scholarship).
                  PF, Darius Carter (6'8, 230): #8 in the JUCO rankings, Darius Carter could give the Shockers a junior year as good as, or even better than Carl Hall's. His offensive game is supposedly ahead of Carl's. He's a scary looking guy around campus. He may start at PF, pushing Early to SF.

5th Year Transfer:
                  C, Kadeem Coleby (6'9, 240): Of all the new players, Kadeem Coleby is only one guaranteed to be in the starting line-up at the beginning of the season. From his junior year play at Louisiana Lafayette (previously a JUCO transfer), he looks like the version of Orukpe Shockernation was waiting for. Not only did he lead his conference in blocks, he was the second leading scorer on his team, leading them in scoring 7 times (career highs of 20 PTs, 11 RBs, and 8 BLKs).

This is what I'd predict for a depth chart:

PG: FVV > Bowles > Baker > Cotton (Holland redshirting)
                  SG: Baker > Cotton > Wiggins
                  SF: Cotton > Early > Green
                  PF: Early > Carter > Lufile
                  C: Kadeem > Morris > Lufile

This will change depending on situations and such, and it really is hard to speculate because it feels like every player could get major minutes at this point. I'd guess Wiggins, Lufile, and Green will receive the least amount of minutes.

Comment

Wessel is gonna play.

Comment

Excellent assessment, however you left out Wessel. I'd almost put Wessel in there in place of Early, but I know Early is likely to play some SF as well.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

Oh yes, definitely forgot about Wessel returning. I'm guessing that makes the SG and SF positions more like:

SG: Baker > Wessel > Cotton > Wiggins
                        SF: Cotton > Wessel > Early > Green

Just so many good players! I'm glad Marshall is the one that somehow manages to figure who gets the minutes.

Comment

I have been watching th Shocks for a very long time and I cannot remember, when we had so many good players on a single team.

Like CBB, I am glad that I do not have to figger out which player gets the minutes.
                          "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post
                            Oh yes, definitely forgot about Wessel returning. I'm guessing that makes the SG and SF positions more like:

SG: Baker > Wessel > Cotton > Wiggins
                            SF: Cotton > Wessel > Early > Green

Just so many good players! I'm glad Marshall is the one that somehow manages to figure who gets the minutes.
                            I'm thinking there might be a 3-person rotation of Baker, FVV, and Cotton at PG and SG. Then SF becomes Wessel, Wiggins, and Early. That removes one piece of the logjam at SF.
                            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                              I'm thinking there might be a 3-person rotation of Baker, FVV, and Cotton at PG and SG. Then SF becomes Wessel, Wiggins, and Early. That removes one piece of the logjam at SF.
                              This is possible.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                              X