No announcement yet.

MVC Standings Predictions thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I have all rosters up to date now. Also added projected starters for Loyola. I used their message board for assistance. If my projections are correct, they'll start 1 JR, 3 SO and 1 FR.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
      Very interesting. Their stats are quite comparable.
      but those stats tell so little. also hard to compare 2 sets of players that each play a different position.

Comment

Seven Shocker/MVC related predictions:

1) Tekele Cotton can break his ankle in the first 10 minutes of the first game and have to sit out the rest of the season, and he will STILL be named 1st Defensive Team. They owe him that based on last year and they know it. Well at least _I_ know it.

2) We will hear from at least 10 posters this season something to the effect of "We just had an off shooting night, otherwise we would have won."

3) Porter Moser will try, try, try to instill into his players that playing at Koch Arena is like playing at Michigan State "last year" in terms of atmosphere. His players won't get it until they arrive. HC3GM goes as deep as his bench will allow and it still gets ugly.

4) Odum will catch serious crap from our fan base. He's a good player that's earned it. He will also attempt to dribble the baseline and kick out at least 5 times in our game -- it would be more but a few of his passes will turn into turnovers for quick transition buckets for the Shox, so he will stop trying. OK maybe this prediction is too specific, but ... it is what it is.

5) WSU will provide much needed training for the other MVC teams for the defensive efforts they are likely to come up against in the post season. Not a single MVC coach will thank HC3GM however.

6) In at least one game Fred VanVleet will juke an opposing guard that is defending him, causing him to crash into a defensive forward, turning them into a pile of sweaty smelling meat with limbs poking out in all directions. He will then smoothly and calmly make his trey.

7) HC3GM will throw on one of his striped suits and pair it up with these gangster shoes (possibly in the Illinois State home game):

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

8 ) During at least 1 game this season, the opposing coach will look at the scoreboard midway through the second half, look down at his bench, look at the scoreboard again to make sure what he saw was real, sit down and pray that this game will end so that he can get on the bus and forget this nightmare.

Comment

Jordan Nelson is leaving Evansville. Not in the article but I hear it's for a D-3.

In the fast lane

Comment

Was the reason gvien for transferring "fear of retribution"?

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
                Jordan Nelson is leaving Evansville. Not in the article but I hear it's for a D-3.

http://www.courierpress.com/news/201...-evansville-b/
                I wish I could make a joke like, "And he's moving up" but until we win about 4 games in a row I don't think any jokes can be made about the Aces. A reason to Look forward to February 2015.
                Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

I'd say after one month of basketball, I may need to revisit some of my guesses. I definitely gave LOLoyola too much credit and I think Drake might be better than I was expecting.

One thing is for sure. WSU is still solidly in that first spot. That's what counts. Maybe later after the chiefs get done choking, I'll grace you all with my new and improved December edition of my projected MVC standings.

Comment

I find it interesting that after only 8 games, there is already a 3 game gap between Indiana St (7-1) and the log jam of 3rd through 10th place. I have a feeling it will only get funnier.

UNI losing to Loyola pretty much ended the race.

WSU 18-0
                    Ind St. 15-3
                    UNI 9-9
                    Swomo 9-9
                    ILL St 9-9
                    Bradley 8-10
                    Loyola 7-11
                    Drake 7-11
                    SIU 7-11
                    Eville 7-11

I'm sure that wont add up right but you get the idea :)

Comment

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                      I find it interesting that after only 8 games, there is already a 3 game gap between Indiana St (7-1) and the log jam of 3rd through 10th place. I have a feeling it will only get funnier.

UNI losing to Loyola pretty much ended the race.

WSU 18-0
                      Ind St. 15-3
                      UNI 9-9
                      Swomo 9-9
                      ILL St 9-9
                      Bradley 8-10
                      Loyola 7-11
                      Drake 7-11
                      SIU 7-11
                      Eville 7-11

I'm sure that wont add up right but you get the idea :)
                      You're right. You need to tack on another 12 losses.

WSU 18-0
                      Ind St. 15-3
                      UNI 8-10
                      Swomo 8-10
                      ILL St 8-10
                      Bradley 7-11
                      Loyola 7-11
                      Drake 7-11
                      SIU 6-12
                      Eville 6-12

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                        You're right. You need to tack on another 12 losses.
                        Did I overestimate the bottom half of the valley that much!!? They must be much worse than I thought. I will just give them all to Illinois State and uni because their fans are so annoying and call it good.

Comment

I'm usually pretty good at math but trying to quantify how bad some of these teams are is hard for me

Comment

33-3 needs to be the combined record of WSU and ISUb for the MVC to get a second team in the Dance.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

Also Indiana State needs to invent a time machine and replace Ball State, IUPUI, and Eastern Illinois with better teams.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                                Might as well start the expectations. Apologies are offered to all coaches, players and fans if mine are considered unreasonable.

1. WSU - No surprise, except maybe for the record. HCGM has improved the program every season, and this will be NO different. We have size, strength, depth and talent. Reports from past (outstanding) players claim FVV will be one of the best players ever in the program. Coleby will dominant at times. There are few weaknesses. I EXPECT this team to be 21-0 in the Valley. No excuses. It's possible there won't be a game within 10 points.

2. ISUb - Big and solid. I haven't looked at their non con, but I believe they have an outside shot at an at large if they can stay clean in league.

3. Bradley - Love what Ford has done. This may be a bit high considering where they've been recently.

4. Evansville - I too like Ballentine but I love their bigs. The only team that has a chance to physically compete with WSU.

5. UNI - If they finish any higher it will just prove that the league is that bad. As usual (except for 08-10) they have to muck it up to stay competitive. If they can't trip and trick, they can't win against a decent team.

6. MSU - Might even be better. I think Lusk has some decent pieces and is a solid coach. Not great, but solid.

7. ISUr - Is Muller in better shape than 3G's 2nd season? He's not...and he's not as good a coach as Gregg, and he has less to work with (talent) and less support (money). Only thing he has going for him is a weak league (2-10).

8. Loyola - Anywhere between 7-10 but Rambler fans, book your Thursday tickets now.

9. SIU - Man, Barry has his hands full. But he's the only reason I'm picking them 9 instead of 10.

10. Drake - The bottom of the league is bad. I'm going with a 1st year coach to be the worst of the worst.

I feel confident that SIU, Drake and Loyola will be Thursday teams. And I think ISUb is good enough to outdistance everyone for #2. 3-7 are a crapshoot. I am most confident that Evansville will finish out of Thursday.

21-0. No excuses.
                                Sorry for the internet selfie,

Comment

Working...
                                X