CBS contract for basketball?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CBS contract for basketball?

Anyone have any details? I'm hearing it from the K.C. Media that CBS will be the ones to broadcast and supply crew. :yahoo:

"If you're going to do it, you're going to do it right," athletic director Jim Schaus said. "If we're going to put 'Wichita State' across our chest, then every team is going to matter."

Comment

I’ll try to temper my excitement until I see a team of the following calling our games on a regular basis: Kevin Harlan, Tim Brando, Bill Raferty, Marv Albert, Verne Lundquist, Steve Kerr, Jim Nance, Clark Kellogg or Craig Sagar.
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Jim Nantz > Bruce Haertl ?

Comment

Originally posted by BenWSU View Post
          Jim Nantz > Bruce Haertl ?
          Puppy farts > Craig Steven
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
            Puppy farts > Craig Steven
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Last edited by Guest; August 10, 2013, 05:14 PM.

Comment

So will Cox 22 still be broadcasting the games, and if so, for those of us in KC, will Metro Sports still be broadcasting those games as well?

I was very spoiled last year and pretty much saw every game on regular TV here in KC on Time Warner. I would love to be spoiled again.
                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Eagle Piece - It says Cox will still be doing games. Outside of that, I can't say.
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post
                    So this has no effect on the contract with ESPN, right? It's just that CBS's subsidiary will be producing the games?
                    It is a subsidiary of CBS. They are a sports marketing company. Other than Wichita State changing and probably upgrading production, most of what I took from it was that Wichita State will be generating more revenue from advertising.

My only other guess on this is that Evie Haertl is hot. I don't know who she is, never heard of her, but from my advertising sales experience, when you have a two person ad sales team, the chick is always a hottie that can sell based on her sexiness.

Anyone that has heard of her please confirm or counter her sexiness. Ten bucks says she's a blonde.
                    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

To go a little deeper, the CBS subsidiary is similar to Learfield Sports. They contract colleges across the country and have resources to maximize ad sales. Production value will improve as they will produce radio and TV games for Wichita State. They will sell the hell out of everything. It has no impact on the Valley contract and probably won't increase exposuretoo much. It is possible you will have the same pbp guys, but not guaranteed. I ddon't know who Wichita State contracted with previously, but if it was a local or even a Kansas only marketing company, the production quality will increase dramatically.

On another note, does anyone know if that Haertl chick is hot? I'm wondering.
                      There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Last edited by Guest; August 10, 2013, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                          To go a little deeper, the CBS subsidiary is similar to Learfield Sports. They contract colleges across the country and have resources to maximize ad sales. Production value will improve as they will produce radio and TV games for Wichita State. They will sell the hell out of everything. It has no impact on the Valley contract and probably won't increase exposuretoo much. It is possible you will have the same pbp guys, but not guaranteed. I ddon't know who Wichita State contracted with previously, but if it was a local or even a Kansas only marketing company, the production quality will increase dramatically.

On another note, does anyone know if that Haertl chick is hot? I'm wondering.
                          If I remember correctly, she's not too bad. She's young and blonde and the daughter of our TV pbp guy, Bruce Haertl.
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                            It is a subsidiary of CBS. They are a sports marketing company. Other than Wichita State changing and probably upgrading production, most of what I took from it was that Wichita State will be generating more revenue from advertising.

My only other guess on this is that Evie Haertl is hot. I don't know who she is, never heard of her, but from my advertising sales experience, when you have a two person ad sales team, the chick is always a hottie that can sell based on her sexiness.

Anyone that has heard of her please confirm or counter her sexiness. Ten bucks says she's a blonde.
                            You couldn't be more correct. She is in fact a hot blonde chick. She helped out with the Student bus trip to St. Louis this past year.

In fact, I still have her number in my phone ;)

Comment

Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post
                              It's Bruce's daughter. She's definitely attractive.

And blonde.
                              Who is Bruce? I don't live in Wichita and have no clue. Figures she's hot, though, that's what makes the advertising go 'round!

Comment

Working...
                              X