CBS contract for basketball?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, now I know who Bruce is! Thanks.
    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Verbose.
      "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

The closer you see Evie, the messier it gets.

Unless things have changed a lot in 3 years.

Just sayin.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

RDR, you could have played corporate buzzword bingo with the KWCH online article, which presumably came from the new company's presser boilerplates.
          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
            RDR, you could have played corporate buzzword bingo with the KWCH online article, which presumably came from the new company's presser boilerplates.
            My money is on it being a direct reprint of the press release.
            There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post
              It's Bruce's daughter. She's definitely attractive.

And blonde.
              I could barely watch the Southern Miss game at IBA since she was sitting in my general area.
              The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Is the new Director of Ticket Sales named Lew Perkins? That guy knows how to generate some cash off tickets, I'm tellin' ya!
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

But, will this take Shockervision to the next level?

Comment

Positive: Hopefully this means better picture quality

Negative: WSU won't be able to be like Texas who has Longhorn Network which makes revenue

Comment

Jenn rteported that this deal was potentially worth $30 - $40 mill over its 10-year life. That covers baseball, volleyball, and basketball, but that's right in the range of what CU is getting for joining the NewBigLeast.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

If this is even close to what the eventual payout is this is some serious money. If I was a jerk I would call for the immediate removal of ADES for having not done this deal earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                          Jenn rteported that this deal was potentially worth $30 - $40 mill over its 10-year life. That covers baseball, volleyball, and basketball, but that's right in the range of what CU is getting for joining the NewBigLeast.
                          I would love it if that's true, but I absolutely can't imagine it.

Perhaps the idea is that it's worth that much overall, but WSU's share of it would be significantly less. My guess is, if that number is accurate, it's not taking into account costs, the cut of CBS, etc.

However, if it even amounts to $10 million for WSU, that would be huge.
                          Originally posted by BleacherReport
                          Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

ADES should be run out of town! That no good AD has done nothing fir WSU. He's just a fundraiser. I bet Jim Schaus had this lined up before he left.
                            "I discovered surfing, which I absolutely fell in love with. That feels good and kind of keeps your body aligned, so does the salt water." - Anthony Kiedis

"I'm not worried. Are you worried? You shouldn't be. Sleep well tonight. "

Comment

My sarcasm meter IS working this time.

Comment

My guess these are third tier rights and WSU might get to keep the lions share of the revenue.

Deals for third-tier rights vary by conference. Some third-tier rights are bundled by conferences and sold to regional networks while others are retained by schools and sold individually to local or regional networks. For example, Pac-12 schools have pledged their third-tier rights to the upcoming Pac-12 Network, while the University of Texas has granted third-tier rights to The Longhorn Network, a partnership between ESPN, IMG and the university.
                                "Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media,
                                which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Comment

Working...
                                X