New video/audio systems in CKA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New video/audio systems in CKA

Here is an article from Daktronics on the WSU installation.

Sick! Can't wait to see it all in person!

Comment

Sweet! We will have the rockinest state-of-the-art technology that we DON'T get to watch instant replay on. Fan-effing-tastic. I love the MVC, WOOOOHOOO!
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
        Here is an article from Daktronics on the WSU installation.
        Thanks for the link!

I'm curious how the 15x12 monitors compare and scale to what we already have. The circular ribbons above and below will be a nice addition, as will the individual monitors over each entrance/exit. Sure hope the new audio system actually has some wattage behind it this time around.

Now we just need to get some shutters on those lights.

Comment

Definitely looking forward to seeing the revamped scoreboard and lockerrooms this next season. Any audio change has to be an upgrade! Great times for this university!
          Shox-4-Life

Comment

From the metrics mentioned on the press release Royal linked, it sounds like what we're getting is roughly similar in scale to the UCLA board in the link below. Ours is referenced as having slightly smaller main screens and overall radius as compared to the UCLA unit, with two circular ribbon boards instead of one.

Comment

The audio challenge isn't the equipment as much as it is the building. You could add all kinds of sound absorption material around the walls and baffles in the ceiling but then you lose the crowd feel that makes it Koch Arena.

It would take an enormous amount of sound engineering and equipment to overcome the acoustics of the space.
              "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
              -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
                From the metrics mentioned on the press release Royal linked, it sounds like what we're getting is roughly similar in scale to the UCLA board in the link below. Ours is referenced as having slightly smaller main screens and overall radius as compared to the UCLA unit, with two circular ribbon boards instead of one.

http://www.daktronics.com/_layouts/D...px?pn=WP-17758
                The Minnesota board is another good example of what our may look like, although ours will be a little bigger and the main screens will be less square than the Minnesota screens, but more square than the UCLA screens (and taller than both of them by 6").

"Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Actually, while the Minnesota basketball display is close to how ours is described, the Minnesota hockey arena display is actually probably the closest of what I have seen in terms of style and dimensions. Our screens will be 6" taller and 6" wider and the ribbon banners would be a little bigger as well, but it gives a good idea of the rough look and dimensions.

"Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                    The Minnesota board is another good example of what our may look like, although ours will be a little bigger and the main screens will be less square than the Minnesota screens, but more square than the UCLA screens (and taller than both of them by 6").

http://www.daktronics.com/_layouts/D...px?pn=WP-17438
                    That's an even better camera angle to give one an idea of scale, and possibly more similar in size to what's described by Daktronics in their WSU press release.

I missed that one on their website.

Comment

I'll go out on a limb and suggest that the actual dimensions of a 12' x 15' board are probably 11'6" x 14'6". "12' x 15'" is easier to read in a press release. They probably have a few standard configurations for budget-conscious customers, such as universities. That Minnesota hockey one is likely the same overhead display we'll see in CKA (sans the UM logo/graphics, of course).

Comment

(sans the UM logo/graphics, of course).
                        I personally hope to see more wu, less WSU wheat logo. Maybe the athletic department learned from changing center court.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxtop View Post
                          I personally hope to see more wu, less WSU wheat logo. Maybe the athletic department learned from changing center court
                          I actually like the current version of our center court! I think we should stick with the same logo for baseball for an overall brand. People are becoming used to seeing the wheat shocker logo and then we change it up for baseball and people may not recognize us

Comment

I'll go out on a limb and suggest that the actual dimensions of a 12' x 15' board are probably 11'6" x 14'6". "12' x 15'" is easier to read in a press release. They probably have a few standard configurations for budget-conscious customers, such as universities. That Minnesota hockey one is likely the same overhead display we'll see in CKA (sans the UM logo/graphics, of course).

Also, the hockey one has a 90' top and a 58' bottom ring. According to the release WSU will have a 98' top and a 61' bottom ring.
                            The displays are also a higher definition. The UM display has 10mm pixel spacing. The WSU one will have 6mm pixel spacing.

Comment

So what this all means is we are going to have the sweetest dance cam video and advertising in the NCAA, because we can't show replays. I know I keep going all Debbie Downer, but the inability to utilize this equipment for what it's really designed for is going to be very frustrating.
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                              X