Cleanthony Early ready to showcase talents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleanthony Early ready to showcase talents

If Kevin Durant is up for a game of HORSE, or something more challenging, so is Cleanthony Early.

“I’ll play him one-on-one, definitely,” Early said. “I would definitely want to do that.”

Who wouldn’t? Early, Wichita State’s senior forward, leaves Friday for Durant’s Nike Skills Academy in Washington, D.C. His goal is to improve his skills and boost his reputation with NBA scouts.

The top players from this weekend’s Durant camp are invited to the LeBron James Skills Academy in July in Las Vegas. Early’s junior season at WSU, helped by a 24-point, 10-rebound game in the Final Four, thrust him into NBA view.

“I want him to show his skills and perform at a high level, so that he can improve his draft stock and visibility going into this year,” WSU coach Gregg Marshall said. “This is about him being a more well-known and highly sought-after player a year from now.”
    Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/2013/06/25/286...#storylink=cpy

Im calling it, Cle will be drafted and will be drafted ahead of McDermott
    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

The thing I love most is the end of the article where he understood how important chemistry is for the Shockers to have success. If our veterans are bringing that mentality we have a lot of success coming.
      You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

Last edited by Guest; August 10, 2013, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
          If Cle has a good season, that is almost certainly true. However you compare them as college players, Cle's game converts much more naturally to the NBA than McDermott's does.
          "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
            Yeah, but Dougie is 2-1 against Cle, and won the Valley Reg season, the Valley tourney, and won a game in the NCAA.

Oh, and are playing in the Big East now.

Honestly, I dont want to bag too much on Dougie. He seems like a class act. But he should have gone pro this year. I dont see how he improves his draft prospects. He is already a known commodity.
            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
              Yeah, but Dougie is 2-1 against Cle, and won the Valley Reg season, the Valley tourney, and won a game in the NCAA.

Oh, and are playing in the Big East now.

Honestly, I dont want to bag too much on Dougie. He seems like a class act. But he should have gone pro this year. I dont see how he improves his draft prospects. He is already a known commodity.

Or, if you count WSU's games against Creighton during the regular season, the games both teams played in St.Louis, and the ones both teams played in the NCAA tournament, Doug Mac was 5-2; Early was 7-3. So McD wins on percentage points that way, too. But I agree; it's hard to imagine him rising in the draft this season unless he learns to play defense, and what are the odds of that?

I'll join the chorus expecting Cle to get drafted sooner.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                Or, if you count WSU's games against Creighton during the regular season, the games both teams played in St.Louis, and the ones both teams played in the NCAA tournament, Doug Mac was 5-2; Early was 7-3. So McD wins on percentage points that way, too. But I agree; it's hard to imagine him rising in the draft this season unless he learns to play defense, and what are the odds of that?

I'll join the chorus expecting Cle to get drafted sooner.
                To be fair, I thought his defense was much better this season.

I would have been happy to dismiss him prior to his last two games against us. He finally impressed me when it mattered -- although he went right back to vanishing in big games in the tournament, with his stunning 25% shooting night against Duke. I don't know how he translates as an NBA prospect.
                Originally posted by BleacherReport
                Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

I see Doug as a great college player with lower potential in the NBA so why not enjoy an extra year of college solidifying your legacy as a great college player before jumping to a less than certain career in the NBA? Not a big Doug fan but I can respect anybody who wants to enjoy their senior year in college.

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan34 View Post
                    I see Doug as a great college player with lower potential in the NBA so why not enjoy an extra year of college solidifying your legacy as a great college player before jumping to a less than certain career in the NBA? Not a big Doug fan but I can respect anybody who wants to enjoy their senior year in college.
                    The answer to your question would be $$$. Which explains why Dougie wasn't too concerned with jumping to the NBA considering his daddy's position. In the long-run it's probably more beneficial for him and his family to help daddy for another year than it is for Dougie to get his NBA payday.

Comment

Not sure...

how anyone on here can dismiss DMcD for his career and achievements.
                      I know, he plays for Omaha U and the love affair between Wichita and such is old news. But the guy can play, period.

There are multiple exhibits to present.
                      However, his absolute blistering of WSU in their final league game last year should have put any naysayers in the back alley.

The guy can play, the debate is over and done.

That is all.
                      Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockRef View Post
                        how anyone on here can dismiss DMcD for his career and achievements.
                        I know, he plays for Omaha U and the love affair between Wichita and such is old news. But the guy can play, period.

There are multiple exhibits to present.
                        However, his absolute blistering of WSU in their final league game last year should have put any naysayers in the back alley.

The guy can play, the debate is over and done.

That is all.
                        DMcD can play at the college level. There is no doubt about it. The question is at the NBA level will he be a Kyle Korver or an Adam Morrison?

Comment

Personally, I was quite impressed with his overall improvement, especially in defense, last year.

If one of his reasons to play another year was to help his Dad, then this is a young man to be much admired, and I wish him a most highly, successful NBA career.

Comment

Last edited by Guest; August 10, 2013, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jdmee View Post
                              DMcD can play at the college level. There is no doubt about it. The question is at the NBA level will he be a Kyle Korver or an Adam Morrison?
                              I don't watch a ton of NBA basketball, but I watched the playoffs this year. There will always be room for a crafty 6'8" spot up shooter on an NBA roster.

As a late 2nd round pick, he's more than likely going to end up on a good team.
                              "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                              -John Wooden

Comment

Working...
                              X