No announcement yet.

CU vs WSU prediction thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It will be interesting to see how CU does tonight vs Drake in Des Moines after their collapse vs SIU last Saturday.

CU led SIU 37-27 with 12:44 remaining in the game. SIU closed out the game on a 21-7 run to win 48-44 and that included a meaningless 3-pointer by CU with 0:02 remaining.

In a way, I'm glad they have Drake to play before they head home to take on the Shocks. I'm sure Dana and his boys are anxious to get the taste of the SIU debacle out of their systems and better against Drake tonight than the Shocks on Saturday.

In any case, it is very difficult to anticipate a Shocker victory with our situation this year. After all I believe we have lost 14 in a row to CU in Omaha.

You would have to be crazy to predict a Shocker win this year.

WSU - 58
    CU - 57

Ok, so I'm crazy! What's new. :wacko:

Comment

1972 is "makin me cr-a-zy!!!!!!!

WSU 59
      FUNKLESS IN OMAHA 58
      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Well the Shox, definitely have some momentum going into the game on Saturday, and Creighton really hasn't impressed me much this year. But the fact is WSU doesn't play well in Omaha. I'm thinking:

CU: 70
        WSU:55

Comment

Shocks by 6 :goshocks: 8) 8)
          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Valley refs no likey the Marshall. Valley refs have their performance reviews written by Altman, who then determines their bonus and raise.

Score with refs in Altman's pocket

CU -68
            WSU - 55

Score if the refs don't cheat us (dream world)

CU - 66
            WSU - 57

;-)
            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

CU will be in a great mood. I'd like to add to their doldrums. 62-58 :posterwsu:

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleJayAlum
                Any Shox fans coming to Omaha?
                Nahhh, wouldn't feel at home in that cold, forbidding environment.

Maybe some other time.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever
                  Some of you guys are predicting small margins of victory for CU. Even when we were decent/good, we've never played well there. I don't see how having the worst team since 2001 is gonna somehow make things better.. :roll:

CU should have this one by at least 20.

Well, ... what if their bus on the return trip from the team dinner has a flat tire, they have to walk 8 miles and arrive just before the game begins. In this case, I can see them only beating us by a small margin. :lol:
                  Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                  Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Some of you guys are predicting small margins of victory for CU. Even when we were decent/good, we've never played well there. I don't see how having the worst team since 2001 is gonna somehow make things better.. :roll:

Yeah we shouldn't even show up because upsets never happen in the MVC. :roll:

Probably a 10-15% chance we pull an upset. Keep fighting shox and good things may happen! :wsu_posters:
                    Spoiler Alert: Bruce Willis was dead the whole time!

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316

Well, ... what if their bus on the return trip from the team dinner has a flat tire, they have to walk 8 miles and arrive just before the game begins. In this case, I can see them only beating us by a small margin. :lol:
                      I believe it was just 3 years ago that Tolliver hit a game winning shot as time expired to beat us by 2.

Comment

Originally posted by shockball
                        Originally posted by SpanglerFan316

I believe it was just 3 years ago that Tolliver hit a game winning shot as time expired to beat us by 2.
                        2 years ago, it was the same year Braeuer hit the game winning 3, and we went on to the Sweet Sixteen.

Comment

Sometimes I also believe that my memeory is bad, but all I have to do is look at Spangler's post and I feel better.

Comment

Originally posted by shox8498
                            Originally posted by DoubleJayAlum
                            Any Shox fans coming to Omaha?
                            Nahhh, wouldn't feel at home in that cold, forbidding environment.

Maybe some other time.
                            Too bad Outpost.

If anybody here is coming up and would be interested in a pregame beer, PM me.

Comment

I am attending this game in Omaha.... the only other time that I have went to a shocks game this year was UMKC. I NEED us to get a win because I am going with some creighton natives and they like to talk.

Comment

Originally posted by shockball
                                Sometimes I also believe that my memeory is bad, but all I have to do is look at Spangler's post and I feel better.
                                Anything to help. (And "No" that was not me near that bus!! :whistle: ) :lol:
                                Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                                Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Working...
                                X