Shocker.net 30-Minute Telcon Show Concept

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
    I'm not interested if anyone is exposed.
    I agree, I don't want to see ANY of you exposed....gross.

Comment

No exposure! I don't want to see (or hear in some cases) from the likes of:

Harry Johnson
      Harry Rump
      Mona Lott
      Pierce Cox
      I. Sawyer Dickey
      Willie B. Hardigan
      or the law office if Tittsworth & Grabbe
      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

That got blown way out of proportion.

I should have said that their identities will finally be known.

Is that better?

Comment

The cap on total number of active participants is 10 (or 15 if you have Google+ Premium), but Google Hangouts lets you broadcast pretty easily, allowing an unlimited number of viewers. It is also archived on Youtube.

Note:  This blog post outlines upcoming changes to Google Currents for Workspace users. For information on the previous deprecation of Googl...
          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
            The only thing is I can't pronounce half the stuff I'm typing out.
            Not me. I have to dumb myself down when I post on here. You know, for the lurking Missouri State fans.
            The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
              I can't speak for my SN brothers and sisters, but YOU are number one on my list as a potential "embarrassment" suspect.
              :-)
              You mean there female Shockernetters?

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                I agree, I don't want to see ANY of you exposed....gross.
                Well here's my picture

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

I have researched some free teleconference sites. Because they are free there are some limitations, like number of participants. The site with the most active participants is 96, which is freeconferencecall.com (catchy name huh). This site also has a replay option, which could fit our profile. I am going to play around with it this weekend to test it's functionality.

I am willing to do the front end work on this project. I will reach out to some of you to get additional advice on the logistics to make this happen. In the mean time, I ask of my SN brothers and sisters to throw out ideas for topics for the first show. I will volunteer to be the first moderator and will be looking for three panelists.

Once again the proposed format is as follows:
                  * 30 minute (approximately) show...we are under no obligation to hit network required time marks.
                  * Each show will include one moderator and three panalists.
                  * Each show will include 3 topics.
                  * Topics will include subject matter around relevant men's basketball discussion (to begin with).

The purpose of the show is to allow SN members to discuss relevant topics around our favorite subject, men's basketball. If the concept is successful, other sports will get consideration. This fan board has been around for years. It's a great format for fans to share thoughts and opinions. I, for one, am ready to match names to voices. It should be great fun. I foresee great respectful and spirited discussion about our beloved Shockers.

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                    Well here's my picture

Oh, by the way shock...if you really looked like this, the first show would only include one panelist (remember I will serve as the first moderator).

Comment

I have settled on a free telcon vendor, freeconferencecall.com. This service accommodates up to 96 participants at one time. There is a replay option, which could come in handy for two reasons. One, in case we have over 96 willing participants. Two, if SN members can't call in during the live portion due to another commitment. Remember this format calls for the moderator and three panelists to make up the audio portion of the 30-minute show, while the other callers being in listen mode only.

I have offered to be the first moderator and am need of three panalist participants. Suggestions are welcomed and I will reach out. Also, three topics are needed for the first show. The obvious one is discussion around our fun run to the final four. There are so many other options, so please help with suggestions.

The other item to be decided on is what day and time. There will always be push back no matter when the live show happens, but remember, we will have a replay option in case you miss it live.

This should be an interesting concept. I hope SN responds and makes it fun, entertaining and informative.

Comment

Working...
                      X