Shocker.net 30-Minute Telcon Show Concept

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocker.net 30-Minute Telcon Show Concept

I have been thinking (which is dangerous) about this for weeks, but wanted to wait till the season was over to throw it out. I want to propose a monthly "Show" concept that utilizes telcon technology.

Each monthly show would have one moderator, with three active SN members (preferably in the top 31 all-time post leaders, ha, ha) serving as panelists for that particular show. Each month there would be a new moderator and three new panel participants. The only voices that can be heard are the moderator and three panel members. Everybody else is on listen only mode.

This SN 30 minute show would be broken into three topical segments. For example, segment one the topic could be about the impact loss of our senior class; segment two would be a discussion about where GM falls in the all-time greatest WSU coaching ladder; while segment three deals with the incoming recruiting class (including walk-ons). Each month will have new topics...in theory.

I am very impressed, in general, with the incredible knowledge and ability for most to communicate their points on this forum. I have always thought to myself "it would be interesting to actually have a conversation with this person to dive deeper into their thoughts about this subject..." I hope I'm not the only one who shares this thought.

Why not take advantage of telephone communication technology (which I am far from being an expert at) to bring our forum an innovative and creative way to have even more fun. Upon conclusion of this "Show," can you imagine the follow up banter in our traditional threads?

I don't have 100% of all the technical answers to the execution of this concept, but I think this would be an extra layer to our discussions here on SN. Opinions please...

Interesting concept.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

i am neutral on this idea...maybe I need to let it sink it for a bit to get a better feel for it. GOSHOX

Comment

This screams of Google Hangout.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Was just going to say Google Hangout would be better. Allows for recordings as well to archive them.
          ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

If this happens, lets make sure @SHOXMVC: doesn't get to participate on any Ehimen talk :D
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

It would be interesting to see how many people can actually articulate spontaneously in words what they might otherwise spend several minutes typing/editing.

Comment

What on earth would we do with DOFO?

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                  It would be interesting to see how many people can actually articulate spontaneously in words what they might otherwise spend several minutes typing/editing.
                  Hey, I'm even better at putting my foot in my mouth talking than typing. And I can do it a whole lot faster, too. Isn't that a plus for a discussion?

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                    I prefer to just say/type whatever comes to mind first. Facts be damned. lol

Comment

Will alcohol be served? Encouraged?
                      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

We would have to come up with better topics then who the blond was with the nice legs was behind the curtain at the shoxs banquet.. Lmao!!

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                          If this happens, lets make sure @SHOXMVC: doesn't get to participate on any Ehimen talk :D
                          I think the EO thread is the catalyst for you being our career post leader.

Comment

Interesting.
                            The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Originally posted by benishock View Post
                              What on earth would we do with DOFO?
                              His own show.

The DoFoSho.
                              Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
                              X