Shocker.net 30-Minute Telcon Show Concept

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
    If this happens, lets make sure @SHOXMVC: doesn't get to participate on any Ehimen talk :D
    Only if we invite Cold back to guest star.
    Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Could this be heard west of I-35?

Comment

Originally posted by vancedave56 View Post
        Could this be heard west of I-35?
        only if it is raining
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
          This screams of Google Hangout.
          I would hope we could attract more then 10 SN members.

Comment

I like it. I don't know much about it, but I would listen without question.

Comment

We could even have different shows for different forums. WSUShox1, SB, Fever, and Dofo could lead the weather discussions prior to severe weather.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                I would hope we could attract more then 10 SN members.
                Google Hangouts used to allow tons of watchers, did they limit it?

You can also pre-record the show and make it visible for streaming at any time, but that's not as cool as letting whoever wants to connect and watch. But if it's limited now, then that's not a solution anymore.
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                  Google Hangouts used to allow tons of watchers, did they limit it?

You can also pre-record the show and make it visible for streaming at any time, but that's not as cool as letting whoever wants to connect and watch. But if it's limited now, then that's not a solution anymore.
                  I knew nothing about it, then googled it. It states "group chats up to 10 people at a time."

One of my thoughts for a topic is the level of hardness of cow patties in the hot Texas sun. It's a show I want to moderate, with you as a panel member.

Comment

I knew nothing about it, then googled it. It states "group chats up to 10 people at a time."

One of my thoughts for a topic is the level of hardness of cow patties in the hot Texas sun. It's a show I want to moderate, with you as a panel member.
                    It looks like you can still do it:

http://www.google.com/+/learnmore/hangouts/onair.html

And here

http://www.google.com/+/learnmore/ha.../schedule.html

Comment

So there can be up to 10 participants (that's your 4 panelists, or what have you), but you can have a ton of viewers. I think all the viewers can live chat too.

Comment

My initial thought was audio only...like a radio show.

4 people that have audio privileges
                        * 1 moderator
                        * 3 panelists

SN members would call in to be connected, but are on listen mode only.

I guess it would work much like The Sports Reporters on ESPN, without video stream.

Google Hangout seems to favor video streaming, but has audio only capabilities I believe.

Keep the opinions rolling...

Comment

In order for there to be some interesting discussion, I think at least a few of the topics would have to be known by the panelists beforehand.

By the same token, in order for it to be lively and fun, a few of the other topics would have to be a mystery.
                          The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Trop speaking about the recruiting circuit, etc. would be pretty cool.
                            Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

How about Paul Sullentrop being a guest moderator for the first show? Let the moderator perhaps pick some topics before hand from a list we put together. We could even asl people like Shane Dennis and Bob Lutz to be guest moderators. Before anyone dismisses BL out of hand he can be a pretty funny guy in certain situations.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                                How about Paul Sullentrop being a guest moderator for the first show? Let the moderator perhaps pick some topics before hand from a list we put together. We could even asl people like Shane Dennis and Bob Lutz to be guest moderators. Before anyone dismisses BL out of hand he can be a pretty funny guy in certain situations.
                                I like the concept with a twist. My take is the moderator is almost a support role, keeping the discussion on task. I see a "celebrity" panel member such as Sully, Shane or Lutz mixing it up as part of the active discussion.

Comment

Working...
                                X