Postings About Player Transfers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DPruett2333 View Post
    Chris Monter -- ‏@collegebbnews -- "SO forward Jake White of Wichita State has requested his release from the Shockers. The ex-Chaska standout averaged 3.6 points & 2.9 boards."
    well, this would suck

Comment

Chris Monter -- ‏@collegebbnews -- "SO forward Jake White of Wichita State has requested his release from the Shockers. The ex-Chaska standout averaged 3.6 points & 2.9 boards."
      man, I wish that wouldn't happen. I really like white.

Comment

Bummer if true. I'll still remember his buzzer beating tip-in against the Zags twenty years from now.

Comment

Jake would not have been my first choice if I were creating space. I've really enjoyed watching him progress in his time here and wish him nothing but the best. I'm guessing he'll move closer to home.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
            I thought this was a fan board. You know a safe place to interject fact, opinion and general discussion about our beloved Shockers. I don't believe I am personally liable to anyone or entity when I give an opinion that CJ, or Watson, or Baker, or White is a candidate not to return. That falls under opinion. It may be a bad opinion (which many on SN are used to with me), but as long as the opinion isn't laced with some personal attack I will take my chances. Continue the discussion.
            I wrote the original guideline that SB quoted. Back at that time we would get rumors that certain players weren't happy or were going to transfer. They were sometimes correct, other times not. I thought the best course of action was to wait until something credible was reported. Since then we've allowed opinions of who we thought might be a candidate for transfer, ie. speculation. It can be a fine line but one that I think is good to protect players from potentially harmful rumors.

Comment

Shame if that's true. I liked White ... scared me whenever he was on the perimeter, but he always played very hard when he was on the court. He fought for rebounds like an animal.

Glad he had a couple great moments in the tourney if he's gone, though. I'd much rather remember him for those moments than how he was the unluckiest player in the world with charge/block calls.
              Originally posted by BleacherReport
              Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

White's production kept other guys off the court this year. I'll miss him! Would have loved to see him hit dagger three's when other teams sagged off of him.
                "Valley-shaking, nation-waking 29-game win streak." - Paul Suellentrop, The Wichita Eagle

Comment

He was a true team player. I'm glad certain posters aren't posting anymore. It'd be a circus.

Comment

Loved Jake. Hope he finds a new place to play and I wish him the best.

Comment

With his showing in the Tourney and the new coach at Minny, I wonder if he'll take that path?

Comment

KWCH just confirmed

Comment

Originally posted by Anthroshock View Post
                          With his showing in the Tourney and the new coach at Minny, I wonder if he'll take that path?
                          If it's playing time he is wanting, I would assume he would go to a lower profile division 1 school.

Comment

If it's playing time he is wanting, I would assume he would go to a lower profile division 1 school.
                            Like NIU? :)

Comment

Originally posted by Anthroshock View Post
                              I'd be surprised if that path was available for the taking.

Comment

The post that was deleted, which I would think is now fair game, said he was headed to South Dakota.

Comment

Working...
                                X