No announcement yet.

Our own school paper....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like the Sunflower needs to get a writer with a basketball IQ over 0.001.

Comment

Has anyone seen the print edition?

I am curious if this is a news article or an editorial. The online version really doesn't specify.

I only ask so that I am clear if Ryan is an idiot or if he, his editor and the Sunflower staff are collectively idiots.

Comment

I saw it in the print edition first while waiting for a class. It was kind of a sports editorial, but in the Sunflower, they don't try to set the editorials apart from the articles...

As for yous second question, they're collectively idiots. If you're ever around campus and want to get angry quick, just pick up a copy. There's bound to be something in there to raise your blood pressure...
        Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
        Students > Alumni
        If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
        The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

Comment

The author of this article represents the voice of many casual Shocker fans (who may even consistently attend Shocker games). There isn't a lot of in-depth analysis done into why we are as bad as we are before stating an opinion. Many people are pissed/surprised about the current condition of Shocker Basketball and the typical person (those not reading Shockernet every day, not dreaming (literally) about injured players coming back, not attending out-of-state high-schools in order to get an early impression of a future recruit) will just point their finger at the coach.

I was a bit concerned about our team's management as well for a brief period of time... But now that we have a skeleton crew for a team, you simply cannot criticize or question much of anything. I think there have been times (when we had a full roster) that coach looked like he deserved an A+, I also think there were times (on the road at SWOMO) when his management would have gotten a C from me. But now with the way we are playing, with what we have, I think he is moving back towards the A range.

To make a long story short, the program is a mess right now and help is on the way but few know that much about the help so they are just bitching out of desperation. Think for a moment if you had no idea about who was coming in next year. How would you feel right now?

T

...8)

Comment

Originally posted by MikeShox
            Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
            I responded back on the reader comments with

Dear Mr Cornelius

You are an idiot. At no point in your rambling, did you even come close to an intelligent thought. I award you no points, And may God have mercy on your soul.

With all due sincerity,

Shocker Nation!!
            This was my response back to Ryan:

"I really don't believe I have ever read an article by someone less knowledgeable about the subject.

I have no complaint about defending Gal Mekel because I too believe he was ragged on a little too much in the first couple games after Matt got hurt. However, the ramblings about Coach Marshall were unreal, not to mention his lack of understanding that someone who scores 7 points with excellent offense but gives up 12 by not playing defense is not really helping the team.

Ryan obviously needs to report on something he has a clue about."
            I completley agree

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
              The author of this article represents the voice of many casual Shocker fans (who may even consistently attend Shocker games).

-

Think for a moment if you had no idea about who was coming in next year. How would you feel right now?

T

...8)
              If he has no idea who's coming or what's going on then maybe he should have kept his laptop shut. At the very least, he could have done some research into who is coming in next season instead of just calling for HCGM's job. That's what I call "lazy journalism."
              "You can observe a lot just by watching."
              -- Yogi Berra

Comment

THe only thing wrong with this season outside of injuries is poor shooting.

thats it

Comment

Does this individual have a press pass? If so, it would be interesting to see Marshall pull a Mike Gundy on him.

Comment

I'm guessing the sunflower editor will get to have a chat with Mr. Beggs. Then with Mr. Schaus. After that the editor will be writing an apology letter in the paper over this topic.

The writer will no longer be permitted to write. Someone will beat the tar out of him at some point. And all will be well again.

And he obviously doesn't come on here, or he'd have been able to research everything he needs to write any sort of half way intelligent article. I'm pretty sure my 2 year old understands basketball better than him.

Comment

Let's review his points

Get down to Texas and get another Matt Braeuer.

I agree and this should be easy, there are Matt Braeuer's all over Texas, but only in Texas. They only have Boo Craft's in Oklahoma so avoid that area.

Get another PJ

This should be easy too, I mean, guys like him grow on trees. We kind of got the crappy version though, we need one that takes over games.

Bring back Sean Ogirri

Holy Crap this is brilliant. I really hope Marshall gets ahold of this article. How would that work anyway? He'd have to sit out again next year? Maybe he'll be ready when he's 26.

I swear to all that is holy that I'm not exaggerating here, this is truly the worst article I've ever read in my life.

Comment

WSU should be disgraced by him and by letting this even print....

Comment

Let's not forget that his article is protected by the Constitution of the United States of America. As well as my own. Please don't shoot me. :D

Comment

KC---This young man may have dethroned your self-proclaimed title of "Shocker Net Public Enemy #1?" :shock:
                            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan
                              KC---This young man may have dethroned your self-proclaimed title of "Shocker Net Public Enemy #1?" :shock:
                              I think you are right. I probably garnered 55 majority vote on the issue, but this guy appears to have 100 percent consensus. How I really hate em'.

Comment

Quick!!! Recount the Florida ballots!!!!!!!
                                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Working...
                                X