No announcement yet.

Our own school paper....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It would not surprise me if our aspiring young journalist gets a little phone call from Dr. Beggs office.

Comment

Uhh . . .

Uhh . . .

Uhh . . .

^^^ Me trying to start this post.

Someone should forward him our roster (with player heights), depth chart, injured list, and a copy of "Basketball for Dummies" (Nevermind. It was authored by Digger Phelps. Probably won't help).

And perhaps a copy of our recruiting class might be of assistance.

Comment

Don't worry, us students will have his head

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
          Uhh . . .

Uhh . . .

Uhh . . .

^^^ Me trying to start this post.

Someone should forward him our roster (with player heights), depth chart, injured list, and a copy of "Basketball for Dummies" (Nevermind. It was authored by Digger Phelps. Probably won't help).

And perhaps a copy of our recruiting class might be of assistance.
          Season ticket figures might also show something of the state of the program.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FRW19sPfS4 :good:
            SFL is back!

Comment

Originally posted by SFL
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FRW19sPfS4 :good:
              I was thinking it!

Comment

I responded back on the reader comments with

Dear Mr Cornelius

You are an idiot. At no point in your rambling, did you even come close to an intelligent thought. I award you no points, And may God have mercy on your soul.

With all due sincerity,

Shocker Nation!!

Comment

He obviously has no concept of basketball or the actual state of the program. With piss poor journalism like that I hope it's just a poor hobby and not something he hopes to actually have a career in. Maybe the students should rally and chase HIM out of town.

I guess just like KU and KSU, we have those that are ignorant to the facts as well :D
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Ah.....a future Bob Lutz in training.....

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                      He obviously has no concept of basketball or the actual state of the program. With piss poor journalism like that I hope it's just a poor hobby and not something he hopes to actually have a career in. Maybe the students should rally and chase HIM out of town.

I guess just like KU and KSU, we have those that are ignorant to the facts as well :D
                      That's not journalism. That's opinoin.

Now that I think about it, that "column" wreaks of an attempt to intentionally make his name known by writing a controversial piece.

Perhaps he should adopt a psuedonym. I nominate, "Ryan Cornholio".

Comment

Ryan,
                        Did the penguin make you write this article?
                        Spoiler Alert: Bruce Willis was dead the whole time!

Comment

Originally posted by shockall
                          Ah.....a future Bob Lutz in training.....
                          My thoughts exactly....... :yes:

Maybe he's interning at the Eagle for BL and we just don't know it.... watch out Bob....someone is after your job..... :D
                          Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

He says
                            what’s with shooting 20 3-point baskets per game? Why are the guards not pounding it inside?
                            but then he says:

bring back Sean Ogirri
                            Does he realize that Sean Ogirri was a 6'2" 3pt shooter and not a 6'9" low post player?
                            "You can observe a lot just by watching."
                            -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
                              Originally posted by SubGod22

That's not journalism. That's opinoin.

Now that I think about it, that "column" wreaks of an attempt to intentionally make his name known by writing a controversial piece.

Perhaps he should adopt a psuedonym. I nominate, "Ryan Cornholio".
                              First I thought... intern for Bob Lutz

After reading this I'm thinking.... intern for Jason Whitlock...
                              Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
                                I responded back on the reader comments with

Dear Mr Cornelius

You are an idiot. At no point in your rambling, did you even come close to an intelligent thought. I award you no points, And may God have mercy on your soul.

With all due sincerity,

Shocker Nation!!
                                This was my response back to Ryan:

"I really don't believe I have ever read an article by someone less knowledgeable about the subject.

I have no complaint about defending Gal Mekel because I too believe he was ragged on a little too much in the first couple games after Matt got hurt. However, the ramblings about Coach Marshall were unreal, not to mention his lack of understanding that someone who scores 7 points with excellent offense but gives up 12 by not playing defense is not really helping the team.

Ryan obviously needs to report on something he has a clue about."

Comment

Working...
                                X