Message for the Old-Timers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GarH View Post
    I can remember watching the Shockers in the Final Four at my uncles house when I was in Junior High. It's been a long, long time.
    Didn't we play against Bill Bradley?
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Shocks lost to UCLA...Bradley won an NIT title that year I believe as only the conference Champ went to the NCAA. Princeton also beat the Shox in the third place game, and they were lead by Bill Bradley I believe.

My Dad was in high school in 65 and planned to play basketball at WSU, but as it turns out he got a golf scholarship instead.

I was three when the Shockers beat KU in the elite 8, and I have no recollection, but my Dad says I was there. I had a poster of X-Man on my wall. My folks got rid of their season tickets in 83...directly behind the visitor bench. I went to WSU games 6 plus times a year from 91 to 96. My Dad and I were just saying after the NIT Championship that Marshall was going to get the Shox to the FF if he stuck around. Go Shox!!!
      Livin the dream

Comment

I'm very happy Wooden won't be coaching anybody we have to face this time.

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
          Do we actually have Shockers on here that were of adult age the last time we went to the Final Four?

T

...:cool:
          Great original post, COLD. I had graduated 5 years previous to our earlier Final Four.

And as the years flew by, my dreams of a National Championship never have stopped.

Can't tell you how great it is to have the hopes once again and seeing our boys fighting their hearts out to win our first National Championship.

But win or lose, it has been a fantastic run we can all be most proud of. And having said this, lets win the whole damn shabang!

Comment

Do we actually have Shockers on here that were of adult age the last time we went to the Final Four?
            I drove up to the peak of Flagstaff Mountain with my roomie from New jersey to listen to the game on KFH radio through mucho static as a sophomore as CU.
            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
            ---------------------------------------
            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
              Not satisfied. I was around for the last final four team. I've been afraid of not seeing another. #PlayAngry Shockers.
              Ditto! I was 13 last time around. Stallworth, Bowman, Kelly Pete, Dave leach, Vernon Kelly, John Criss were my heroes as a kid.
              One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

Bill Bradley scored something like 58 points against us in that game and singlehandedly took it to us.

No way, that will not happen this year, against this team!

Comment

Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
                  Bill Bradley scored something like 58 points against us in that game and singlehandedly took it to us.

No way, that will not happen this year, against this team!

This is true, Bill Bradley is, like, 70 years old. There's no way he's dropping 58 points on us again. Maybe 10 or so, but no way does he get 58.
                  There are nights when I think that Sal Paradise was right.

Comment

older than dirt

For the record , final score was Princeton 118 - Shocks 82 ...... Thank goodness that was before the 3 point shot , or dude would have really gone off on us......... Bradley was 22-29 from the field , 14-15 from the line , and hauled down 17 boards.......

I still have the box score on the wall.......

Got my start with Shocker basketball in the '55-'56 season , at the young age of 6........ It's been a long time coming.............

Third generation Shocker graduate.

And I'll hang up and listen.......

Go Shocks !!

Comment

Dave Leach and Jamie Thompson could really stroke it, especially the corner shots.
                      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

You tell us how we should behave Old-Timers since you've "been there before".

GO SHOX!

T

Comment

GO SHOX!

T
                          Rule 1: As @60Shock: says, shut up about the team from Lawrence. This is OUR Final Four!!!!
                          Rule 2: All that matters is that our coach stay for a long, long, long time and we stay in the hunt for more Final Fours...
                          Rule 3: Refer to Rule 1 and Rule 2
                          Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

GO SHOX!

T

Be Loud! Be Proud! Keep it Classy.

Comment

Good point, POGO.

Never hurts to show some CLASS!

And nothing sets you apart better.

Comment

Originally posted by JackStraw View Post
                                For the record , final score was Princeton 118 - Shocks 82 ...... Thank goodness that was before the 3 point shot , or dude would have really gone off on us......... Bradley was 22-29 from the field , 14-15 from the line , and hauled down 17 boards.......

I still have the box score on the wall.......

Got my start with Shocker basketball in the '55-'56 season , at the young age of 6........ It's been a long time coming.............

Third generation Shocker graduate.

And I'll hang up and listen.......

Go Shocks !!
                                Cripes. Did you take classes in a tee pee?
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X