Message for the Old-Timers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Message for the Old-Timers

Thank you for standing by the Shox through all those lean years. Thank you for helping to fill the arena during the 90's when it seemed we hardly fielded a D1 team. Thank you for always reminding us of the proud tradition associated with the Shocker name. Thank you for supporting our program with your finances until the opportunity came when somebody was qualified to awaken the sleeping giant. You reminded us of the 80's when we would pack 11,000 into the roundhouse as a team ranked #1 in the nation. You told us about a time when Wichita State took the town of New Orleans by storm and made it our own on a night we sent the Jayhawks scurring back to Lawrence with their tail between their legs. It's been 32 years since we've been to the Elite 8 and you've always reminded us to keep our heads high because Wichita State is a proud basketball program. Tonight's win is for you. Thank God you lived long enough to enjoy it.

GO SHOCKS and thank you for your support!

T

...:cool:

Winning big brings out colds soft mushy side and I feel a group hug coming on.

Comment

Not satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
        Thank you for standing by the Shox through all those lean years. Thank you for helping to fill the arena during the 90's when it seemed we hardly fielded a D1 team. Thank you for always reminding us of the proud tradition associated with the Shocker name. Thank you for supporting our program with your finances until the opportunity came when somebody was qualified to awaken the sleeping giant. You reminded us of the 80's when we would pack 11,000 into the roundhouse as a team ranked #1 in the nation. You told us about a time when Wichita State took the town of New Orleans by storm and made it our own on a night we sent the Jayhawks scurring back to Lawrence with their tail between their legs. It's been 32 years since we've been to the Elite 8 and you've always reminded us to keep our heads high because Wichita State is a proud basketball program. Tonight's win is for you. Thank God you lived long enough to enjoy it.

GO SHOCKS and thank you for your support!

T

...:cool:
        God bless the Shockers, Shocker Nation and our rising Program, God bless Cold and each of you on SN whether you post or just read, and God Bless America!!! Sleep well tonight. It's all good.
        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

I was in high school when the Shox last went to the Elite 8. That was a long time ago. It's been one hell of a trip through the Valley of the Shadow of Death. Much like the '89 championship baseball team, I didn't see this coming, but unexpected surprises are always the best. Damn, this is sweet.

Comment

I've only been a fan since 01, but hell, even I feel like I've been a part of something special. I love Shocker Nation.

Comment

Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post
              Not satisfied.
              My facebook blew up. I posted this in response. Lots of ball left to play. See you in a couple of days.
              Robin Roberts: "My mother used to say, when you strut, you stumble."

Comment

I wasn't yet born the last time we were in the Elite Eight.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I went to WSU during the early to late 90s - Only went to a handful of games each season - This season makes up for all the bad years

Comment

Not satisfied. I was around for the last final four team. I've been afraid of not seeing another. #PlayAngry Shockers.
                    In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                      I wasn't yet born the last time we were in the Elite Eight.
                      No wonder Sub does not worry. He is a young whipper-snapper baby. Okay, that's it. I am older than dirt and have to hit the hay--but HEY__WHAT__About these here SHOCKERS??!!! Elite 8 for starters but our Road Warriors are far from satisfied and have the "Eye Of The Tiger!!!" GRRRRRRRRRRR
                      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

I don't think I'm an Old-Timer but I'm not sure.

Comment

[QUOTE=ISASO;388488]I was in high school when the Shox last went to the Elite 8. That was a long time ago. It's been one hell of a trip through the Valley of the Shadow of Death. Much like the '89 championship baseball team, I didn't see this coming, but unexpected surprises are always the best.

Comment

NOT SATISFIED UNTIL WE HAVE A NATIONAL TITLE. Hopefully the stars will align and the final victim will be KU.

Comment

This season makes watching Mike Cohen in crutches a distant memory.
                              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Working...
                              X