Other Conference Tournaments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other Conference Tournaments

Been watching some Big East Tournament action today and am thoroughly unimpressed with everyone I've seen.

Villanova vs. St. John's tied 24-24 at halftime. Pulling for the Johnnies to push Nova either into a play-in game or out of the tournament altogether.

We'd rather not have early upsets.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
      We'd rather not have early upsets.
      Of teams right ahead of us on a lot of S-Curves? I'll take them.

Teams like St John's aren't a threat to steal a bid if they win a game to get into a quarterfinal.

Comment

I dont' follow all leagues but I know that Baylor is a threat. They are the only team from Texas to have a chance.

Comment

Watching Nebraska/Purdue and Maryland/Wake Forest.

We would boatrace any of these fools.
          "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
          -John Wooden

Comment

Oklahoma and Cincinnati losses today should help us out.

Comment

Colorado loses to Arizona and falls to a 10th or 11th seed according to CBSSports. You might like this link.

In the fast lane

Comment

Baylor getting crushed by okie state

Comment

Louisiana Tech about to join the wrong-side-of-the-bubble club.

Comment

Refs give game to Okie St over Baylor on foul with 2 secs remaining
                    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
                      Refs give game to Okie St over Baylor on foul with 2 secs remaining
                      Wow, are big 12 refs always this bad? I watched the second half of the Baylor -Osu game just because I wanted Baylor to lose to make things easier for WSU. That game was awful to watch. It seemed like the teams scored more points from the FT line than FGs. I felt like I was watching a FT contest. The refs called a lot of ticky tacky fouls or in a few cases non-existent fouls.

It made for a very boring game to watch (even though Baylor made it a close game in the end). I think this was the first big 12 game I have watched this year. I hope they aren't all like that. If they are, I think the refs calling those games are worse than Valley refs.

Comment

The Charlotte Richmond game was a total mess. Not sure how many mistakes were made, but the number was many.

Charlotte, down 3, shot 11 free throws in the final 5 seconds of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                          The Charlotte Richmond game was a total mess. Not sure how many mistakes were made, but the number was many.

Charlotte, down 3, shot 11 free throws in the final 5 seconds of the game.
                          Haven't seen the video, but from what I read, Richmond had a complete meltdown.
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Yeah, kind of, but the officials really, really mismanaged it. Also, some people are going to watch and say "that's why you don't foul up 3 late", and they will still be wrong.

I suspect the crew will not work another game this season.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                              Yeah, kind of, but the officials really, really mismanaged it. Also, some people are going to watch and say "that's why you don't foul up 3 late", and they will still be wrong.

I suspect the crew will not work another game this season.
                              I went and found some video. I don't know how the coach got 2 T's, but I understand at least 1 from the video I saw. I also have no problem with the T after the first FT myself. The guy shoved another player to the ground after the ball had went in. That's a dead ball foul which the rules state is a T. Are you saying they should have just let the guy shove another player to the floor for no reason and not called anything? I know that's what Digger Phelps was arguing, but I'd have a hard time as an official accepting that we just ignore a non basketball play during a dead ball and pretending it didn't happen.
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                              X