No announcement yet.

How's This for Expectations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't be surprised at all if cu made it pretty far in the dance. I would not disagree with cu fans looking at it as a possibility. I am not unwilling to admit that. They are a good team.

And that is the difference between cujays and me.

Comment

Creighton fans. They make me laugh. If Matrix was here, he'd laugh, too.
      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Trying to talk to a Creighton fan is like beating off with boxing gloves, really, what's the point?

Comment

Originally posted by TheYeti View Post
          Trying to talk to a Creighton fan is like beating off with boxing gloves, really, what's the point?
          You're kinda leaving youself open on this one @TheYeti:, but I will restrain myself from taking advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by OTR Shockfan View Post
            uhh am I missing something ?? how do you get to two elite 8's with only one sweet 16 ? I'll hang up and listen
            That was the round we lost in.
            '65 Final Four
            '64 and '81 Elite 8
            '06 Sweet 16

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
              In @cujays: defense I think he said he was a jays fan. I don't think he ever claimed a Creighton, or for that matter any other, education.

My take on this thread is that fans should have BIG dreams for their team. Heck it doesn't cost any more than little dreams. And in today's college basketball landscape these BIG dreams are actually possible. Perhaps a long shot, but not totally out of the realm of actually happening. See George Mason, see VCU, see Butler, see Gonzaga.

If I was a Creighton fan I would have BIG dreams for my team as well (assuming I had not yet comitted hari kari).
              Who in their right mind would be a bluebird fan if they didn't attend that school? :)

Yes, I have no problems with him being "very happy with a sweet 16". I do have a problem with him calling US out for saying "we would be happy with an X" and trying to spin it into something that WASN'T said.
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post
                Last time we played Syracuse we were a completely different team. I guess you could superficially compare Kyle Wilson and Sean Ogirri to Early and Wiggins, but that team as a whole had more success from the perimeter (mainly, I seem to remember they took better shots from outside). Syracuse is also much better than they were then. #1 in block% to #4, #9 in steal% to #52, #12 in 3PT% to #63, etc.

This year, with this Wichita State team and this Syracuse team, we have a lot of mismatches with Syracuse. They are way down on the list on teams I'd like to play, perhaps even the bottom.
                I doubt Syracuse is high on manys list to want to play . However, we beat them last time we played them at the Dome. If I recall correctly, we were rated as high as 12th that Season early on, but did a B-52 nose dive that very Season and did not even Dance? It was not because that Shocker team was missing 3 starters from injuries either. Yes, we had some shooters on that team, but this Seasons team plays some serious D. That gives us a chance to win some games yet this Season. Thus, there is no superficial comparisons needed about this team this Season. Unlike the team that beat Syracuse last time, this team, through all the obstacles that occurred along the way, will still Dance. If we play our A game, we will be fine and can I like our chances for some success.
                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by jdmee View Post
                  That was the round we lost in.
                  '65 Final Four
                  '64 and '81 Elite 8
                  '06 Sweet 16
                  I get what you were saying, but to get to an Elite 8 or a Final Four you have to first reach the Sweet 16. So in reality we've been to the Sweet 16 four times.
                  "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Originally posted by cujays View Post
                    You guys are hilarious...you have gone to the NCAA tournament 2 times in 25 years and flamed out in the first round when you were the better seed. Talking about the final four but would settle for a sweet 16 or elite 8...like you are some perennial powerhouse that is always in the tourney and a sweet 16 would be ok. So delusional, but you are my entertainment when I am having a bad day. Thanks guys!

BTW - I am a Jays fan and I admit and know that we have massively underperformed in the NCAA tourney. Hoping last year is a good stepping stone and would be very happy with a sweet 16. We dont care about the NIT and dont brag that we "won a few games" in a tournament no one cares about.
                    Love members of the sCUm bandwagon trash that visit our board and come by to post in it.

This is EXACTLY why I hope sCUm flames out in their first game. TRASH like this.

Win a couple games in the NCAA some time and then come back and lecture us, you POS.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by cujays View Post
                      Hahaha...I point out facts and you get your little panties in a bunch. Then I point out our failures, you know when you aren't an idiot and recognize when you have struggled somewhere and you guys try and rip on something I agreed with. Haha so funny!
                      You're a sCUm fan coming to our board, reading it, and posting in it. Yep, pretty sure we know has their soiled panties in a bunch.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by OTR Shockfan View Post
                        uhh am I missing something ?? how do you get to two elite 8's with only one sweet 16 ? I'll hang up and listen
                        Easy. One year the sweet 16 was skipped.
                        "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Feeding the trolls is bad for your blood pressure, just an fyi.
                          ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                            I doubt Syracuse is high on manys list to want to play . However, we beat them last time we played them at the Dome. If I recall correctly, we were rated as high as 12th that Season early on, but did a B-52 nose dive that very Season and did not even Dance? It was not because that Shocker team was missing 3 starters from injuries either. Yes, we had some shooters on that team, but this Seasons team plays some serious D. That gives us a chance to win some games yet this Season. Thus, there is no superficial comparisons needed about this team this Season. Unlike the team that beat Syracuse last time, this team, through all the obstacles that occurred along the way, will still Dance. If we play our A game, we will be fine and can I like our chances for some success.
                            FSF, I may be wrong, but I seem to remember we were ranked as high as #8 after starting off the season beating Syracuse, LSU, and George Mason, all on the road?

Comment

Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
                              FSF, I may be wrong, but I seem to remember we were ranked as high as #8 after starting off the season beating Syracuse, LSU, and George Mason, all on the road?
                              That does sound more familiar.

Comment

I remember thinking that our ranking was 100% legit based on what we had done. We had beaten half of the previous years final 4!
                                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Working...
                                X