Rubber Match Game Thread CU vs. WSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dshocker View Post
    I don't care...cross half court and call a timeout. Get Ron in there and then go for broke. Just letting the clock run...really??? really????
    Allows Creighton to tell their players to foul us so we don't even get a chance to tie.
    The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
      We should've hacked the **** out of Manigat. That is where we lost it. At worst its a three point lead and we have more time.
      Or just fouled them on them on the inbound, but we can second guess all day. Won't change a thing. Be proud of the effort and disappointed with the final score, but it is time to enjoy the season and look forward to next Sunday and beyond...
      Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• We just played 'the best cu team in history' to a one game season differential in our rebuilding year. I just saw the records pop up on the ticker and in a moment where I have to find some silver linings, it was a good thing to see.

27-7 to 26-8.

My goodness. And we were awfully close to taking it all from them.

Both of these teams are gonna win one in the dance. Seriously good finish. I'm not allowing myself to forget that we also rarely even make it to Sunday, let alone win it.

Loved this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
          36-33
          nevermind

Comment

• Originally posted by Dshocker View Post
            I don't care...cross half court and call a timeout. Get Ron in there and then go for broke. Just letting the clock run...really??? really????
            It probably would have been nice to have a couple of other options, but I think Armstead was going to shoot it no matter what.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
              I think the difference in the game was where our defense let them shoot uncontested, wide open driveway shots. Take even ONE of those away and it's a different outcome.
              Absolutely.

Comment

• 42-41 us on rebounds
                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                  which team gathered 36 rebounds?
                  I thought you were a Shocker
                  "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                  ---------------------------------------
                  Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                  "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                  "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• only 5 turnovers for us? wow. They barely beat us making 4 more 3's
                    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Not looking for excuses, but I don't think Early was completely well from his stomach virus.

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                        I thought you were a Shocker
                        i am. what's you're problem?

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                          Not looking for excuses, but I don't think Early was completely well from his stomach virus.
                          Let's hope.

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                            i am. what's you're problem?
                            I think it was a joke, bro. I know emotions are high, but we're all on the same team here. :)
                            Go Shocks!!

Comment

• I thought Creighton was handed the game on a silver plate when they had four or five possessions in a row where they were gifted free throws.

It didn't decided the game, but the foul calling in that period gave Creighton a huge number of points without even trying. And of course, it wouldn't be a MVC game if we were getting the same calls.

Great comeback at the end, but the last possession was handled badly. Still, the jokes on the Valley. We have the personnel in place to get better over the next three years.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                                42-41 us on rebounds
                                thanks, forevershockerfan.

Comment

Working...
                                X