No announcement yet.

clASSless act

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why did they play the Venezuela national anthem before the US anthem before the game
    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
      Why did they play the Venezuela national anthem before the US anthem before the game
      Echineque's home country. They did it for him on senior day. By the way, it was the longest, most bizarre national anthems I think I've ever heard.
      There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

I am with ABC on this one. Lighten up Francis!
        “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

I was a few rows behind the Shocker bench and the students had been hitting the beer hard since around 11, according to an usher.
          But, give our guys, players and coaches, a LOT of credit for keeping their cool as the path to their locker room between the student bleachers and the stadium bleachers was very narrow. The Shocks were forced to walk right along the bleachers and the students were leaning through the railings sticking their fingers in players faces and shouting at them. I think Marshall actually had to lean away to avoid being touched. No security I could see within 50 feet of that. When one student tried to swing one of the big face placards down towards the players one security guy came up and kind of waggled his finger at him. The students just laughed. My only comment to a fan next to me (nice guy) was "so, the Bluejays lose 5 games and the Pope resigns - any connection?" He had to chuckle.
          If you take the high road, you won't find much traffic there . . .

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
            Let's "end kill" the library!
            I've been to several CU/WSU games over the years and, while yesterday was definitely their fanbase's best effort, it was still no where near Koch levels. I read on the BJ forum their assertion that it was louder. I sat near the floor yesterday and I can tell you, they have a LONG way to go before they get to Koch level. Part of it is just the way the arena is constructed, its just not going to be the painful 'earsplitting' type atmosphere you get at the top college venues.

Comment

FEAR THE THUNDER!

VANILLA THUNDER

"Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

I don't have a problem with any of that. However, there were plenty of classless things going on from their student section, specifically the Blue Crew. They're a bunch of clowns.
                ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Good for them. I wish our student section would do something like this. Not classless at all. Some of you need to get thicker skin.

Comment

I thought the Cu student section was way better than in the past and much better than the poor WSU student section.

Their crowd can't come close to the crowds at the roundhouse, but their student section was much better than WSU. I really wish the WSU students would step it up.

Comment

What?!? Oh my goodness?!? The students were being mean to our players?!! That is absolutely 100% unacceptable!!

Welcome to a road environment with a conference title on the line. It wasn't classless. To suggest so is pretty naive.

Comment

As an official in 3 sports.. I hear all kinds of ribbing. Some of it is personal, some of it is probably uncalled for, and some of it, if you have a thick skin at all, is just downright funny. I mean I seriously, seriously doubt the CU fans meant anything they said. It's just heckling IMHO. I used to, and sometimes still do, especially at the NBC tournament. Most people understand it is all fun and games, but if you get some alcohol in the wrong person....

Comment

I am offended by how lame the CU Blue Crew is. They can taunt as they please, but their appearance and overall dorkiness really bothers me both as a Valley fan and an American. There should be zero tolerance for that kind of crap...except for one of the Blue Crew girls that the TV camera has found on a couple of their TV games. Sort of looks like Colbie Caillat. I mean like an Omaha version of her, so don't get too excited. She's probably a 7 but an Omaha 10. Anyhow she doesn't offend me as much.

Comment

I wouldn't mind something like that in our student section. Not really a fan of the girlfriend/family names on there. But everyone in our student section should be aware of the fact that McDermott has the same number of blocks as Van Vleet this year.

Comment

That was a fake Creighton student section on Saturday. Again, normally, it's a quarter full tops. They get off on drinking and are all about the "show". They also get up for us.

You'll never see a sCUm student section that lively, large, or organized again. Fake as hell.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by LuskingforGuttin View Post
                                I am offended by how lame the CU Blue Crew is. They can taunt as they please, but their appearance and overall dorkiness really bothers me both as a Valley fan and an American. There should be zero tolerance for that kind of crap...except for one of the Blue Crew girls that the TV camera has found on a couple of their TV games. Sort of looks like Colbie Caillat. I mean like an Omaha version of her, so don't get too excited. She's probably a 7 but an Omaha 10. Anyhow she doesn't offend me as much.
                                and a hundred bucks says this is her . . . OMG - why do I know this? Yikes.

If you take the high road, you won't find much traffic there . . .

Comment

Working...
                                X