No announcement yet.

Game Thread Shox vs Evansville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• relatively speaking, 'shockers are a physically weak team. evansville vets overpowered them again (first game evansville loss in january was not an upset either.. not the way they, evansville, brushed off every screen like taking candy from a baby- 22 turnovers- now you see it was no fluke then, but strong aces defense).

still good for a rebuilding year, though. 2nd place at worst.

Comment

• Bartender!!!! Line em up

Comment

• Ted is pissed and testy on the locker room show.

Comment

• Colt Ryan was unstoppable, and managed to not foul anyone the entire game. He was truly amazing.

Poor shooting did us in...again.

Comment

• we just don't have the pure shooters that a team like evansville has. we need some bad.

Comment

• We have won a lot of games this year, but we are not a half court team. We have got to find a way to get up tempo come hell or high water and get these damn games out of the fifties and into the 70s. We get lulled to sleep with these effing teams that it just drives me crazy!
              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                we just don't have the pure shooters that a team like evansville has. we need some bad.
                Ron Baker and FVV have a great stroke.
                Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

• a few things I noticed being at the game.

D-williams had stretches of play where we looked awful.
                  Multiple passes inbounds that were thrown out of bounds (think by wiggins and cotton)
                  Hall to me looked like he has one of his worst games. I thought I counted 4 times he lost it/missed a pass/ turned it over under Evansville basket.
                  Armstead energized the crowd with his steals.
                  D-will had a decent dunk
                  hall had a good dunk
                  early had a one handed monster jam.

Jake white came in and did some good things (2-2 shooting,a couple rebounds) but looked slow on defense.

The first half Evansville shot 70% from 3-point range....

The officiating was so helter skelter on both ends. People were on the floor constantly and no whistles, yet Colt Ryan got away with a number of fouls on offense and defense.....

Shockers laid a giant turd, especially at home in front of a crowd waiting to explode with joy at sending the seniors off with a win.

Comment

• Wasn't Paul Janssen one of the referees in this game? How does a previously disciplined official end up officiating an important game like this? Especially when that disciplined official was disciplined from a game involving one of the teams? It would seem to me that he would probably have a bit of a grudge against that team? Not saying he was the cause of the loss, but it sure seems fishy. Cue McDonald's commercial. Fishy fishay...

Comment

• Well mudder bucking, sum of a bench, peace of shrimp, fracking help.
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• How does Ryan not have one foul when he played almost the entire game?

Comment

• I hate complaining about the refs but I want this explained to me. Why did the officials have to pull Colt Ryan aside and warn him about his play after they just gave him the foul call when he dove at Orupke's feet? I guess they thought a warning is a better way to punish a player over actually calling a foul on him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockeriffic View Post
                            I hate complaining about the refs but I want this explained to me. Why did the officials have to pull Colt Ryan aside and warn him about his play after they just gave him the foul call when he dove at Orupke's feet? I guess they thought a warning is a better way to punish a player over actually calling a foul on him.
                            They should have T'd him up.
                            Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockeriffic View Post
                              I hate complaining about the refs but I want this explained to me. Why did the officials have to pull Colt Ryan aside and warn him about his play after they just gave him the foul call when he dove at Orupke's feet? I guess they thought a warning is a better way to punish a player over actually calling a foul on him.

one of many questionable calls for contact initiated by Evansville.

Comment

• As physical as Evansville plays there is absolutely no way that Ryan doesn't pick up at least one foul in 30 plus minutes he played. The Refs didn't lose us the game but that was a glaring stat on the scoreboard all night. Not a great way to close out the home schedule but at least we can make up for it on Saturday. This team seems to play better with their back against the wall, we'll see how that goes in a few days.

Comment

Working...
                                X