No announcement yet.

Game Thread Shox vs Evansville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I won't even begin to describe the many levels of depression that game brings to me....and then I think how much worse it is for those kids in our locker room.

I hope the only memory I can retain from this game is Demetric crying on Gregg's back.

I thought we played hard if not stupidly.

Everyone knows we can D up, rebound like monsters but struggle to score....those characteristics were in full force for the world to see tonight.

We were out coached tonight.

I give Evansville a world of credit. They played hard for 40 minutes. They executed their game plan flawlessly.

Marty's done a nice job of recruiting. Wing, Ballentine, and Mockevicious are very nice freshmen that will be good for 4 years.

I immediately had a bad feeling when I saw Steed, Janssen and McCall doing the game. They struggled.

We have to get out of this awful league. As long as we're going to be the only program that attempts to build a team that can compete at a national level, we're going to have to adjust to the wild fluctuations in the way games are called.

Most of the other programs cheat...and by cheat I mean they cannot compete physically, so they have to grab and hold and flop. They're trained to cheat. I understand it's part of the game, and I realize the problem, but it's not that way in the Big10, Big12 etc etc.

Colt was great tonight and I hope we never see him again. BUT, he's given so much leeway it's not even funny. He throws his arms into defenders and gets calls. It's disgusting.

Comment

• He leads with a stiff arm when he drives. And running underneath and into EO, attempting to play the officials was so lame. It looked like they gave him a talking to for it. When you do something that lame... Enough to get scolded by an official, you should be embarrassed.

Comment

• Colt is a good shooter, but I watched off the ball many times tonight, and EU moves with screens A LOT. Ironically, they didn't get called for 1. Not 1 all night. Considering how their entire offense revolves around screening, they somehow didn't move 1 time tonight. Yet, we got called for at least 2. That **** gets OLD. If people moved screens like that as much as them, I could probably drop 20 on the Shox with wide open looks.

I also agree that Ryan can be a MAJOR P***Y. The whining, the flopping, the crying. And the referees baby him. Amazing how many minutes he was out there and wasn't whistled ONCE for a personal foul. Not ONCE.

We didn't deserve to win that game, but the babying of Colty, along with the absolute garbage pushing down low by the EU post players took a pretty big toll on the outcome. They were getting benefited greatly there to make up for their shortcomings in all other areas against WSU.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by vancedave56 View Post
          Rosewood - on my comment...check your sarcasm meter, it's out of whack. ;)
          Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Comment

• So, you've had that beer now?:very_drunk:

Comment

So, you've had that beer now?:very_drunk:
              Lord knows I didn't stop at 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                we just don't have the pure shooters that a team like evansville has. we need some bad.
                Our pure shooters are either hurt, redshirting, or coming in next year.

Comment

• I try to remain positive and hope for a win in STL, and Saturday. I still think we can. We are a good team, but we are not a very good team, and definitely not a great team. We have not been at full strength, and its cost us a few games. But with our weaknesses we are still better than any team in the Valley, and will only get better. Hats off to GM for building a helluva program this far. I am really disappointed about this loss because we pissed away so many chances.

But big picture is okay. We will probably make the tourney in a down year for our program. Yeah, I said it. A down year. We need to start raising our expectations. This has been a good year, but you dont get swept by EU and lose 2 games at home and one to the worst team in the league when you are having a great year.
                  So, for me, I say we still have 1 game and the Lou. Why not?! I'm going to try and not blow a gasket over this game. It hurts, but what can you do?
                  "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• The last play of the game was indicative of the rest of the game. Carl Hall receives the ball in the deep corner, nobody was open so he shoots a 3 while being well guarded. Of course this is not at all what we had in mind. Evansville was not a good match-up for us. For some reason, we struggled to the max getting the ball to our bigs in both games who outrebounded them handily. If we could have accomplished us getting the ball to our bigs in the right spots, we would have drilled them and they would have not stopped us and fouled us trying to do so. If, if, if.

Credit Evansville for this because they were in our grill enough to test our patience which resulted in forcing passes and taking poor shots and missing way to many of them. They fouled up our game plan twice now. You know what is crazy? Maybe this is a death wish for good endings, because I want them again at the Lew. Why? Because they can't and won't beat us thrice and we need to slay that dragon on the way to the Dance. Justice will prevail and I reckon we owe these pests. It will make us all feel much better. Especially our beloved Shocks.
                    Last edited by forevershockerfan; February 28, 2013, 06:27 PM.
                    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

So, you've had that beer now?:very_drunk:
                      Had a nice visit with Bill before the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                        That proved to be a bit costly this game, eh?
                        This and the three point play opportunity for Carl that was called a foul on the floor.

Comment

• If we play them in St Louis we need to simply knock the piss out of them. Screen as hard as we can, chest bump and trap every chance we get.

Early and Wiggins need to spend eight hours a day in the weight room this summer and another four doing MMA training.

Comment

• Bottom line. Our half court offense sucks. Its sucked allllll year. It isnt working. Period.

We either need to figure out a different offensive scheme, or the players just arent doing it right. We have won because we do have better players, but its been ugly. We scote 95 pts, then 56? WTF?! Whats the difference? Tempo.

Whats with letting the freaking ball roll to half court before picking it up? I get it when its late in the game, but why do it on 80% of the inbounds? It all just plays into the slow boring mud game.
                            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• I was disapointed that Ehimen didn't play more. He was pretty solid, provided great energy and was fairly effective. If you doubled his minutes, and stats, he out played Hall and would have finished with 12 and 8 with 4 blocks. I know that's no guarantee, but I was surprised he wasn't in more. Especially when they started driving to the basket. When teams start penetrating, how do we not have our biggest defensive weapon for that in?

And on the last inbounds, there was no reason for Carl to be in. Should have been Wiggins, Mal, DWill, Early and Cotton/FVV. Or hell, it was only for 5 seconds, put Baker in. Everyone on the floor should have been a threat to shoot that shot.
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                                I was disapointed that Ehimen didn't play more. He was pretty solid, provided great energy and was fairly effective. If you doubled his minutes, and stats, he out played Hall and would have finished with 12 and 8 with 4 blocks. I know that's no guarantee, but I was surprised he wasn't in more. Especially when they started driving to the basket. When teams start penetrating, how do we not have our biggest defensive weapon for that in?

And on the last inbounds, there was no reason for Carl to be in. Should have been Wiggins, Mal, DWill, Early and Cotton/FVV. Or hell, it was only for 5 seconds, put Baker in. Everyone on the floor should have been a threat to shoot that shot.

I don't like to question those that have forgotten more about the game than I'll ever know, but this is 100% factual. It was not a good night for all associated with WSU.

Comment

Working...
                                X