No announcement yet.

The Official Embrace The Hate Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you thinkin lil Mac is returning to Omaha, then.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
      I dunno where he is gonna play
      Point guard...we like em long and athletic.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
        Point guard...we like em long and athletic.
        he's long

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
          The only questions will be who the red shirts will be.
          I believe there are only two options next year. Holland, because we're deep at the 2 spot and he's awfully thin. The other is Shaq and I'm not so sure he redshirts. But post depth could allow for it with Coleby, White, Lufile and Watson along with Early and possibly Green. Bowles will most likely play because we need another PG.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Looking into my crystal ball, I see back to back to back MVC champs next year, with a protected seed in the Dance. The stars are aligning and the talent on next year's squad might be the most we've put on a court since the early 1980s. This is Cle's team next year and he could take us places we haven't been in 50 years. Yes, I have high expectations, and so should our team.

But, yes, of course, we will be picked 3rd or 4th in the Valley in the preseason polls.
            "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

I won't be shocked if we're picked 2nd. McD will return but he won't have enough around him and I'm not sure even the hype can do much for them considering what they lose.
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                I won't be shocked if we're picked 2nd. McD will return but he won't have enough around him and I'm not sure even the hype can do much for them considering what they lose.
                2nd behind whom? And is that a "not being picked 1st" kind of shock or a "as high as 2nd" shock?

Comment

@1972Shocker: that was a nice rundown of the Valley. I do have couple of thoughts though.

If McD returns, CU may be better offensively next season, as Artino is a much more efficient scorer than GE. But they'll take a hit with defense and rebounding, for sure.

Also, SIU's Desmar Jackson is a senior according to the roster, so he wasn't going to be back anyway.

Next year I see the top of the MVC shaking out this way:

1. WSU
                  2. InSU
                  3. CU

After that, who knows. If MSU can somehow get a real post player they would be a clear #4. SIU has some young talent but also needs someone to help Daniels inside.

2-bid league next year with the Shocks and Sycs. CU on the bubble.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                    2nd behind whom? And is that a "not being picked 1st" kind of shock or a "as high as 2nd" shock?
                    I could see where the Valley will pick ISU because they bring everyone back. They could still pick CU ahead of us due to the hype of SoW. I fully expect to finish 1st, but don't expect them to pick us there.
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                      @1972Shocker that was a nice rundown of the Valley. I do have couple of thoughts though.

If McD returns, CU may be better offensively next season, as Artino is a much more efficient scorer than GE. But they'll take a hit with defense and rebounding, for sure.

Also, SIU's Desmar Jackson is a senior according to the roster, so he wasn't going to be back anyway.

Next year I see the top of the MVC shaking out this way:

1. WSU
                      2. InSU
                      3. CU

After that, who knows. If MSU can somehow get a real post player they would be a clear #4. SIU has some young talent but also needs someone to help Daniels inside.

2-bid league next year with the Shocks and Sycs. CU on the bubble.
                      Don't sleep on Bradley being in play for that 4th spot. I like what Geno is doing in Peoria and think in a few years we could have some good battles with the Toasters.
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Oh come on. Haven't you paid attention the last couple of years, Sub? It's now become a tradition to pick America's Team, the BJ's, first in the league, and then watch them crap the bed and finish below their expectations. There is no doubt in my mind the BJ's will once again be picked to finish 1st, and they'll be no doubt in my mind on who's gonna stick it to them yet AGAIN.

#EmbraceTheHate
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I could see where the Valley will pick ISU because they bring everyone back. They could still pick CU ahead of us due to the hype of SoW. I fully expect to finish 1st, but don't expect them to pick us there.
                          ISU also has a 6'10" (250ish) Center that is medically redshirting this year. A transfer who was hurt before the season started.

Comment

Its too early to make predictions since rosters are not set. Take Creighton for example. Doug might or might not go to the NBA. They could also add somebody even if he returns and there is some possibility that somebody could be Desmond Lee, a much sought after, athletic juco wing. Although he pasted up a Fall visit to Creighton, and many good teams are now on him hard, HC McDermott recently attended one of his game. If they do get him, I predict he will be starting by conference season.
                            In the fast lane

Comment

I doubt we'll finish ahead of teams from Iowa for at least the next four years.
                              Last edited by WuDrWu; February 21, 2013, 11:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
                                Its too early to make predictions since rosters are not set. Take Creighton for example. Doug might or might not go to the NBA. They could also add somebody even if he returns and there is some possibility that somebody could be Desmond Lee, a much sought after, athletic juco wing. Although he pasted up a Fall visit to Creighton, and many good teams are now on him hard, HC McDermott recently attended one of his game. If they do get him, I predict he will be starting by conference season.
                                Tropical,

Why would an astute evaluator of college basketball talent such as yourself even slightly infer SoW is going to the NBA? You know there isn't a prayer in hell that he goes 1st round. I think it would be more accurate to say, "Doug might or might not declare for the draft".

T

...:cool:

Comment

Working...
                                X