No announcement yet.

The Official Embrace The Hate Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's the great thing about this program. We lose Hall and Ehimen and gain Coleby who is described as a nice blend of the two. We also gain Watson who's another big, athletic body inside and Morris who's a big, athletic body with a jumpshot as well.

We lose Armstead and Williams, but we bring back Baker and Wessel who were starters prior to injury. A more experienced VanVleet and add a shooter in Holland and a dynamic PG in Bowles. Plus the other returning players. We'll be just fine and may actually be better.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I think whether 2013-14 will match or exceed this year's team is a big question. Given how young the back court will be and the loss of two key post players, I think it is likely we might be somewhat less successful next year.

Don't get me wrong--I'm excited for the future and for 2013-14. I expect we will compete for a Valley title, finish top 2 or 3, and have a good shot at an at-large bid. I'm just not sure we will be flirting or in the top 25 a lot of the season like this year.

On the other hand, if Early and Wiggins fully click and a freshman guard is ready to contribute in a big way we could see an even better team and continue to dominate in the way we all would like. Those are questions marks though. Honestly, year over year improvement isn't always possible and it is not that important in terms of the big picture. The trend line is up and we are building a great program.

We'll do plenty to merit some more "hate" next year.
      Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

We should be better next season

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
          That's the great thing about this program. We lose Hall and Ehimen and gain Coleby who is described as a nice blend of the two. We also gain Watson who's another big, athletic body inside and Morris who's a big, athletic body with a jumpshot as well.

We lose Armstead and Williams, but we bring back Baker and Wessel who were starters prior to injury. A more experienced VanVleet and add a shooter in Holland and a dynamic PG in Bowles. Plus the other returning players. We'll be just fine and may actually be better.
          And after a year of learning what Gregg wants and working in the offseason on some deficiencies, Wiggy will be a real impact, probably off the bench.

Comment

one thing i'm really looking forward to next year is the development of wiggins. i don't think it's much of a stretch to say that he could be the best 3-point shooter in the valley next year.

and the development of early. etc

Comment

Originally posted by another shocker View Post
              one thing i'm really looking forward to next year is the development of wiggins. i don't think it's much of a stretch to say that he could be the best 3-point shooter in the valley next year.

and the development of early. etc
              Wiggy has a ton of potential there. But he could be pushed by both Green and Wessel and perhaps even Baker. Throw Holland into the mix and a selective Cotton and we have a solid outside game.

No matter what, we're loaded and should challenge for another Valley title.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by garylee View Post
                4 - don't confuse hate with respect. i want respect from the other mvc schools not their hatred
                Depends on why they have the hate.
                If they hate us because our players celebrate a big win by "raising there hands and talking to our fans as they walk through the tunnel". Suck it. I'll take the hate.
                If they hate us because our coach won't put up with one of their coach berating his assistant and coming to our locker room. Suck it. I'll take the hate.
                If they hate us because our coach is a little more animated then they like. Suck it. I'll take the hate.

Comment

Wiggy has a ton of potential there. But he could be pushed by both Green and Wessel and perhaps even Baker. Throw Holland into the mix and a selective Cotton and we have a solid outside game.

No matter what, we're loaded and should challenge for another Valley title.
                  derail green high school numbers? is he a houston or dallas kid?

Comment

i just don't think we should allow a few incicents or a few fans define programs or fan
                    bases. i luv intense rivalries but don't believe they have to exist out of hatred and i
                    think WE should strive to remain ABOVE all the isolated hate rhetoric. we have to
                    laugh at ignorant hateful speech and be careful NOT to join in it

Comment

Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                      derail green high school numbers? is he a houston or dallas kid?

P.S. Interesting... recruited by Detroit

P.S. II. http://blogs.kansas.com/shockwaves/2...-derail-green/

P.S. III. http://shockerhoops.net/recruiting/derail-green/
                      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I dunno where he is gonna play

Comment

And then you factor in who everyone else is losing. It starts to feel really good. We could be, but don't have to be, better than our own team this year. We should almost certainly be better than the rest of the valley even if we aren't.

UNI loses a lot. Evansville loses the colt. Ill st loses Jackie. Cu loses what little defense and rebounding they could ever hang their hat on. The list goes on in one way or another.

I guess the only team who doesn't fit that line of thinking is the trees and WSU.

We will be better than the trees next year.

Comment

Wiggy has a ton of potential there.
                            I believe ‘strength’ is Wiggy's major ‘weakness’... he can jump out of the gym, but can't take it to the rack with authority. He's had several dunk attempts rejected recently. If he'll commit to the weight room during the off-season, watch out next year.
                            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Wiggins will come ready next year. He will know what he is in for and he won't want to come off the bench his senior year.

He knows what he has to do this off season and he will do it.

Our 2-4 slots next year will be ridiculous. The questions are for 1 and 5.

And how much question is there really when FVV looks like he looks at times. And then if coleby has a similar year to Armstead plus the year of experience for Lufile.

Comment

GM's biggest challange next year will be keeping 12-13 players happy with their
                                individual minutes, blending in the new talent with eight solid returners, ie team
                                chemistry

Comment

Working...
                                X