No announcement yet.

The Official Embrace The Hate Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This cyberspace trek to that sight was indeed a culture shock for me. Wow!!! No wonder I normally stay in the confines of SN. It appears that we Have a Program that others Want. However, some folk are not happy for us but we will march forward to the 'beat of our own drum' and never look back. Maybe they will feel better when they get "their cut from our success" in March? Who cares? Muhahahahaha!!!
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock View Post
      Or play for a winning program.
      nobody here cried like that, below the belt shots, when cu and siu were doing their thing. it's them that better toughen up now.

Comment

Originally posted by another shocker View Post
        nobody here cried like that, below the belt shots, when cu and siu were doing their thing. it's them that better toughen up now.
        No one did. That is correct. We, the fans, want a winner here at WSU. The fans knew what had to happen to get the desired results. That has happened and we are happy. The rest of the Valley, however, is not. Pi$$ on them. This is WSU's time to shine. Creighton can lose out as far as I'm concerned. SIU will be back. But it is WSU's time now.

Comment

The title to this thread would make a great sweat shirt to wear to the Lou. EMBRACE THE HATE and have the WSU Logo above it. I think I'll talk to someone I know and see if I can't get this done before the BB game on saturday. Of course it will have to be a BLACK sweat shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by another shocker View Post
            While there was some respect, there was also a sizable amount of hate (loosely speaking) spewed here for Dana Altman, the Korvers, Weber, SIU's style of play, etc. If CU and SIU wasn't carrying the conference no one would have cared enough to talk about it. We all find ways to tear down the top dog and our fanbase wasn't immune to it.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
              While there was some respect, there was also a sizable amount of hate (loosely speaking) spewed here for Dana Altman, the Korvers, Weber, SIU's style of play, etc. If CU and SIU wasn't carrying the conference no one would have cared enough to talk about it. We all find ways to tear down the top dog and our fanbase wasn't immune to it.
              Royal, What are you doing with this logic? It's much more fun to throw stones from glass houses on a message board.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                Royal, What are you doing with this logic? It's much more fun to throw stones from glass houses on a message board.
                Wa that an Annie Lennox reference?

Comment

If anyone goes there other than for the comedy, you got a screw loose. I shudder just thinking the last time I visited.
                  ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                    If anyone goes there other than for the comedy, you got a screw loose. I shudder just thinking.
                    Fixed that for ya ;)
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                      The title to this thread would make a great sweat shirt to wear to the Lou. EMBRACE THE HATE and have the WSU Logo above it. I think I'll talk to someone I know and see if I can't get this done before the BB game on saturday. Of course it will have to be a BLACK sweat shirt.
                      That's something I could get behind.
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                        no. just no.

i was referring specifically to them crying about recruiting allegations. shady, below the belt accusations like that (and completely baseless). nobody here resorted to that kind of muckraking.

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                          This is the sleeping/waking giant scenario I have been preaching about for the last decade. It has now become a reality and life is going to become unbearable for our Valley opposition. Add to the fact that HCGM has an insatiable appetite for punishing his competition and you have the perfect storm of hatred that will burn hot for the foreseeable future.

T

...:cool:
                          This, and next year is going to be worse for them. While little engines that could schools start the 3-5 year process of replacing 5th year seniors in hopes of a couple midpack finishes and 1 chance at a Valley title, THE best coach in the league reloads YET AGAIN.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                            This, and next year is going to be worse for them. While little engines that could schools start the 3-5 year process of replacing 5th year seniors in hopes of a couple midpack finishes and 1 chance at a Valley title, THE best coach in the league reloads YET AGAIN.
                            This!

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                              shockers lose williams, hall, orupke, armstead. they will take a step backward next year.

oh, wait...

see, it's all good when you are paying up- as in paying your head coach, one of the best young coaches in the country, $1,ooo,oo per to stick around and actually build something.

Comment

1 - got some bad news for ya.....shocks will be better next year
                                2 - money doesn't necessarily translate into best programs.......look at our fall in baseball
                                3 - as for "hate", i dont share in the hate. i root for all mvc teams to do well, just not vs us
                                4 - don't confuse hate with respect. i want respect from the other mvc schools not their hatred

Comment

Working...
                                X