Discipline for Paul Janzen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shock View Post
    I think the NCAA comes down on Carmichael. Refs? Improbibluh, but not impossibluh. I really think the NCAA will step in though. I missed it on TV. Is there a clip of it somewhere?
    about what time in the game did it happen? 5 minutes?
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Deliberate. My two sons thought it was deliberate and daughter thought it was not deliberate.

Comment

Par for the course with ISUr. Most likely deliberate. How could he not know that TC was where his foot was going to connect in midair?

Comment

Replay shows him looking right at Cotton.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
            about what time in the game did it happen? 5 minutes?
            Happened with less than a minute left
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
              Replay shows him looking right at Cotton.
              It was like the staredown right before a punch gets thrown in a fight. Only the "Kung Fu" kick was already on the way. It was on purpose. I hope Elgin has some say about it.

Comment

He said postgame he was defending himself so ipso facto it was deliberate.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
                  He said postgame he was defending himself so ipso facto it was deliberate.
                  Good point. Defending himself from what though?

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
                    I thought the foul was deliberate based upon his body language, which includes facial expression.

Señora did not think it was deliberate.

What do others think?
                    Senora usually right but not this time.

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock View Post
                      Good point. Defending himself from what though?
                      From Cotton watching him land. He can't see him land if he's on the floor
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                        From Cotton watching him land. He can't see him land if he's on the floor
                        Or blinded by a shot to the face. Everyone is really lucky that it didn't connect with the face. If it had connected, TC is probably recovering from a concussion and JC could very well be watching the rest of the season from the stands.
                        Last edited by rrshock; February 18, 2013, 11:26 AM. Reason: clarification

Comment

Psh... no way Cotton suffered a concussion. If Carmichael's foot did connect with his face in any way, it was probably just a graze of the chin.

Regardless, the way he stared down Cotton the entire time and didn't try to bring his foot out of the way makes me think it was deliberate.
                          I have no idea why he would do that on purpose though. But that's Illinois State for ya...

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
                            Psh... no way Cotton suffered a concussion. If Carmichael's foot did connect with his face in any way, it was probably just a graze of the chin.

Regardless, the way he stared down Cotton the entire time and didn't try to bring his foot out of the way makes me think it was deliberate.
                            I have no idea why he would do that on purpose though. But that's Illinois State for ya...
                            He was saying that it is a good thing that the foot DIDN'T hit Cotton in the head, because it likely would have resulted in a concussion for Cotton and a year-ending suspension for Carmichael.
                            "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post

I believe the comment was IF he had connected with TC's face.

As it was, it was still a pretty good hit.

Comment

Here's the replay from the flagrant and the last seconds of the game.

Comment

Working...
                                X