• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zardoz
    Originally posted by RoyalShock
    Originally posted by 1972Shocker
    Originally posted by Zardoz
    JT is in a race between points scored and points given up.
    18 points in 16 minutes is pretty good offensvie production. Not sure how many points could be atttributed to him on the defensive side of the equation in that 16 minutes, but I suspect he had a net positive contribution. Not everyone on the team could say the same thing.

JT has the physical ability to be able to play good defense. Will he ever have the desire to get down and dirty defensively remains to be seen.

One thing about having JT in the game is that shot clock violations are generally not an issue when he is on the court.
    I posted something in the game thread last night about my frustration with the two 3-point misses shortly after the one or two he made. Then in the post game interview Marshall said he ran a couple of set plays to get JT an open look. Boy, did I feel stupid.
    JT is great on offense. He just needs to put in the work on defense. I think he can get there if he wants to put in the work. JT can be one of the best post players we have ever seen at WSU, if he can get it done on defense. On offense he can play facing the basket, he can play with his back to the basket, his offensive skills are great. The best thing about him is he is a freshman and is just going to get better. That should scare everybody in the MVC.

Again I was not trying to slight JT it's just that sometimes his efforts on defense hasn't matched his talent on offense.
    In JT's defense, I think he is being judged a little unfairly. First, I dont think he is a true post. Our program needs to bring in a taller player, and I think HCGM has addressed this. Now stick JT in the mix, and we have a nice frontcourt. I think having him and Stutz on the court together is going to be special, just a hunch. JT is a freshmen and is playing well on offense. We all know his defense is not all that, but that will come. At least the guy is really good at something. Alot of D-1 players have trouble on the defensive end. I just think his offense is nice, and that its not all his fault that we are getting scored on inside. We need to recruit better bigs, and I think our coach has done that.
    ________
    EXTREME VAPORIZER REVIEW
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=XTOEV6f7jB4

Comment

game

One down...How many times have we seen the Shox get killed by the trey. This was over in the first seven minutes. We have no way to stop the bleeding. Damn, did BU miss a three from beyond 20 in the first half..

Comment

Back to the original thread...uh, well...will we win another game...odds are unfortunatley, probably not. We have to play the "perfect" game. Maybe Evansville. Don't give up shockers!

Comment

Originally posted by BAShocker
          Back to the original thread...uh, well...will we win another game...odds are unfortunatley, probably not. We have to play the "perfect" game. Maybe Evansville. Don't give up shockers!
          Maybe Evansville is right. Maybe.
          Mt's two straight horrible recruiting years were certainly on display tonight. It's very obvious that Tad Boyle was the glue to the MT staff. Not capitalizing on the Sweet 16 success has came back to haunt this program. The best is yet to come, but the remainder of this season is going to continue to be very painful.
          The positives continue to be PT. He gave everything he had tonight despite being over matched in the paint. You can't ask for much more. 8)
          Above all, make the right call.

Comment

what about Ramon? he worked his ass off like always.

Comment

Originally posted by Hotel Paper
              what about Ramon? he worked his ass off like always.
              110% agreement with your comment. He is also one hard working guy. He has areas that need work, but effort isn't one of them. 8)
              Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Ramon is always giving his all. What he lacks in ability is definately made up for in effort. He's a bright ray of 'sunshine' on our 'cloudy day' games. All this losing hasn't phased him at all.

Phil's working hard--as usual. Gal is mostly very good. There's plenty of good to see, but unfortunately it's the 'role players' that are the weak link. They're trying, but just don't have quite enough.

Speaking of 'role players' -- what about Wendell tonight! He had some nice, strong moves to the basket and a nice outside shot or 2. I would love for that to become a 'habit' for him.

Oh, back to the original topic--Evansville was beating Mo. State quite convincingly, but I am convinced they will fall to us here at the roundhouse.

Beyond that--all bets are off, but we'll go down swingin' if we go down. That i know.

Comment

Is UE trying not to finish in last this season? We better do something about that!
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11
                    Yes!
                    Yes!
                    Yes!

:posterwsu: :posterwu: :goshocks: 8)

May I gloat!
                    :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Shame on the naysayers! :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu: 8)
                    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

I missed this train wreck of a thread.

Comment

Working...
                      X