X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ixiah
    I think we will win a few more.... Evansville, Bradley (we did beat them at their place), a rather weak opponent in the Bracket Busters, and maybe one or two more where the Shocks get lucky. They certainly are due for some good fortune.
    Bradley beat Illinois St. tonight. They are getting better.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan
      The silver lining to this is that some teams would give up and could care less at this point.. Not us!!!!!!! Likewise, the fans of some other Programs would dive off the turnip truck long before now!!!!!!! Not Shocker fans. If nothing else, I am longing more then ever to pull off some nice wins and build for the future. The future starts right now!! Far from original, but I still feel our Program is still headed the right direction.

Adversity will only cause HCGM to work harder. We have had our fair share of bumps, mishaps and detours along the way. There is no turning back now. It is time to roll up our sleeves, rise up, pull together, regroup, and kick some behinds!!!!!!!
      God bless FSF and his mixed metaphors! A truer fan I dare you to find. :goshocks:
      Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

JT is in a race between points scored and points given up.

Comment

I thought JT did a little bit better on defense tonight, not a whole lot, but a little bit, and god for bid i saw a couple of hustle plays for JT.
          Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234
            I thought JT did a little bit better on defense tonight, not a whole lot, but a little bit, and god for bid i saw a couple of hustle plays for JT.
            We saw different games from JT. He was very good on one end and still made me want to slap him around on the other. At this point I think I could abuse JT in the post. All six foot of me. And I'm not near as quick as I used to be.

And has JT ever jumped for a rebound? He gave up a few tonight by just standing there. He'd box out, kinda, but then just stand there and let his man get the board anyway. And the few that I can recall that he did get he just stood there and it came down in front of him so he could grab it.

Durley is just soooooooo frustrating. I think there's still some hope, but I want to see him at least try to play D. At least when Hatch screws up on D you can tell he's trying. Although I don't think Hatch has been as bad as many thought he'd be.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan
              The silver lining to this is that some teams would give up and could care less at this point.. Not us!!!!!!! Likewise, the fans of some other Programs would dive off the turnip truck long before now!!!!!!! Not Shocker fans. If nothing else, I am longing more then ever to pull off some nice wins and build for the future. The future starts right now!! Far from original, but I still feel our Program is still headed the right direction.

Adversity will only cause HCGM to work harder. We have had our fair share of bumps, mishaps and detours along the way. There is no turning back now. It is time to roll up our sleeves, rise up, pull together, regroup, and kick some behinds!!!!!!!
              I agree with one addition: Most Valley teams wouldn't have had the fan support to begin with, so I guess they're 5000-6000 fans per game would drop to 2500! I'm proud of our fans through the hardships of this year.

I mean, Ill. State is what, second in the Valley, and they can't even fill their arena on game day? Does Normal have an NBA team or something that takes the fans attention away from the Redbirds (kidding, of course, but you get the point...)

Comment

Calling all recruits. Looking for a change? Do you like playing time? Do we have a su-weet opportunity for you to get in on the ground floor in the Land of :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Shock!!!!!!!
                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

JT could be a force if he would ever play Defense, and keep his Offense coming. He could be as effective as Coleman.

Ellis needs to play like he is 6'8" instead of like he is 6'. He doesn't use his height to his advantage, and he is going to have to learn to 'bang' a little bit.

Looks like Gris is gone, maybe forever. (maybe we will recruit that 6'9" power forward we need so badly for next year).

Hatch only scored 3 points tonight, but he didn't shoot much either. At least he can shoot pretty decent.

Gal did a good job, hit some good shots. I see progress every game with him now.

Ramon had a very good 1st half, but what happened 2nd half?

We can jump, but when there is 6 inches difference, it becomes too much.
                  Egleseder was starting to dominate in the 2nd half.

Did that ear piercing 'whistling' by those 2 guys on the front row almost behind our bench get on anyone's nerves?

We seem to lack good plays and a real 'go to' man in the final seconds of a game that can shoot the 3 dependably.

We let up on Offensive rebounds in the 2nd half, and it contributed to UNI's run in the 2nd half.

Comment

I'm going to go out on a limb, and say that we aren't going to get any worldbeaters in our bracketbuster game.

So, that might be a win.

:goshocks:

Comment

Any word why Ellis didn't play in the second half?

Comment

I am actually not for sure what to think of who we could beat. As i look at the schedule and the way the Valley plays i think we could lose anyone of the games. But i also think that everyone of the home games we have left are very winnable and some of the road. I still think this team could be any team in the Valley but i also think we could lose to any team in the Valley.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:
                        Shocker Forever!!

Comment

Originally posted by Zardoz
                          18 points in 16 minutes is pretty good offensvie production. Not sure how many points could be atttributed to him on the defensive side of the equation in that 16 minutes, but I suspect he had a net positive contribution. Not everyone on the team could say the same thing.

JT has the physical ability to be able to play good defense. Will he ever have the desire to get down and dirty defensively remains to be seen.

One thing about having JT in the game is that shot clock violations are generally not an issue when he is on the court.

Comment

Yes!
                            Yes!
                            Yes!

:posterwsu: :posterwu: :goshocks: 8)
                            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
                              18 points in 16 minutes is pretty good offensvie production. Not sure how many points could be atttributed to him on the defensive side of the equation in that 16 minutes, but I suspect he had a net positive contribution. Not everyone on the team could say the same thing.

JT has the physical ability to be able to play good defense. Will he ever have the desire to get down and dirty defensively remains to be seen.

One thing about having JT in the game is that shot clock violations are generally not an issue when he is on the court.
                              I posted something in the game thread last night about my frustration with the two 3-point misses shortly after the one or two he made. Then in the post game interview Marshall said he ran a couple of set plays to get JT an open look. Boy, did I feel stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
                                Originally posted by 1972Shocker

I posted something in the game thread last night about my frustration with the two 3-point misses shortly after the one or two he made. Then in the post game interview Marshall said he ran a couple of set plays to get JT an open look. Boy, did I feel stupid.
                                JT is great on offense. He just needs to put in the work on defense. I think he can get there if he wants to put in the work. JT can be one of the best post players we have ever seen at WSU, if he can get it done on defense. On offense he can play facing the basket, he can play with his back to the basket, his offensive skills are great. The best thing about him is he is a freshman and is just going to get better. That should scare everybody in the MVC.

Again I was not trying to slight JT it's just that sometimes his efforts on defense hasn't matched his talent on offense.

Comment

Working...
                                X