Griskenas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockBand
    Mike Kennedy said it on air, and it sounds like one of the coaches confirmed it on the locker room show. Whether its his previously injured knee or not, he's got a lot of healing and rehab to do.

I think I still have some eligibility left - do you think a hefty 5'9" 40 year old with poor eyesight and questionable knees would cut it? I'd be good for at least 1/4 of a trip up the floor! Or does that just qualify me to be a ref?
    If those are your stats, we could share floor time and swap jerseys. The blind refs would never know the difference!
    Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Mike Kennedy said it on air, and it sounds like one of the coaches confirmed it on the locker room show. Whether its his previously injured knee or not, he's got a lot of healing and rehab to do.

I think I still have some eligibility left - do you think a hefty 5'9" 40 year old with poor eyesight and questionable knees would cut it? I'd be good for at least 1/4 of a trip up the floor! Or does that just qualify me to be a ref?
      Oh hellz yeah. Every team needs a 'bruiser', who can go out and hard foul some players when need be, say putting some players on the foul line, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox

Oh hellz yeah. Every team needs a 'bruiser', who can go out and hard foul some players when need be, say putting some players on the foul line, etc.
        I'd kill 'em! Then I'd do my Necessary Roughness "gonna get me some poi" sack dance. :yahoo: :shock:
        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

I'd like to say something meaningful and somehow convey my feelings about this young man and what he has gone through, what he has given to our university, what a great kid he is, and how tough the next several months are going to be and how exactly unflipping fair it is........

I just pray for Mantas.

Coach said it best. If you think you hurt because the team lost.....just think of how Mantas feels.

Folks, this simply is not fair.

Comment

Clear the lane ShockBand! Clear the lane!
            “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

once you do it sometimes your not ever the same...and to do it twice...I feel for him..

Comment

Sorry to here about the injury to Mantas. He seemed like he was making the adjustment from JUCO to the Div 1 when this happens. Best wishes to him and his recovery.

I worked late tonight so I didnt here the call from Mike Kennedy. What exactly happened (land wrong, foot planted and it just gave way, etc.)?

Comment

Originally posted by Ixiah
                  Sorry to here about the injury to Mantas. He seemed like he was making the adjustment from JUCO to the Div 1 when this happens. Best wishes to him and his recovery.

I worked late tonight so I didnt here the call from Mike Kennedy. What exactly happened (land wrong, foot planted and it just gave way, etc.)?
                  From MK's description of the play, he got bowled over (literally) by UNI's Jared Josten. MK was livid that Josten could barrel into the late, pass off and knock over THREE of our players without having a foul called.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
                    I'd like to say something meaningful and somehow convey my feelings about this young man and what he has gone through, what he has given to our university, what a great kid he is, and how tough the next several months are going to be and how exactly unflipping fair it is........

I just pray for Mantas.

Coach said it best. If you think you hurt because the team lost.....just think of how Mantas feels.

Folks, this simply is not fair.
                    Exactly. You could tell when he went down it wasn't good. And there was an awful lot of contact there that wasn't called. I swear you rarely see officials call that after the pass. Does nobody watch the crash? I don't know...

This sucks for Mantas. If it's the same knee or not it's going to be a long process of getting back. If he plays again or not is irrelevent. I just hope and pray for as speedy a recovery as possible for the young man and that he can get his degree and have a good life. My prayers are definitely with him.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
                      Originally posted by Ixiah

From MK's description of the play, he got bowled over (literally) by UNI's Jared Josten. MK was livid that Josten could barrel into the late, pass off and knock over THREE of our players without having a foul called.
                      and have the player he passed to knock down a three.

Comment

Originally posted by shockar25
                        Mike Kennedy announced MCL and ACL are both torn. It's unclear which knee at the moment...

Right knee. According to Larry Rankin anyway.
                        "You can observe a lot just by watching."
                        -- Yogi Berra

Comment

This sucks. I was there and from my seats it looked like he charged into Phil 1st and then into Mantas. I was amazed there wasn't a foul called. How do you have that many bodies on the floor and nothing called. The refs in tonight's game called 2 games in one. In the first they called 8 total fouls on both teams and in the second nearly 20 or more. I know UNI was in the double bonus because we had 10 plus fouls. Its a shame to see a game called that way because it was just as physical in both halves.

My thoughts are with MG. Its official, this year is a disaster.

Comment

its Official the basketball God's hate us
                            Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

The UNI knocked another one of our players down and Griskenas had planted his foot to turn toward the outside and the WSU player fell against his knee and bent it backward.

Comment

Whether it was a foul or not is immaterial. I don't think anyone would feel any better about it if it were.
                                Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Working...
                                X