Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MVC disciplined referee Rick Randall (Ref who made the goaltending call)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MVC disciplined referee Rick Randall (Ref who made the goaltending call)

Interesting

Paul Suellentrop ‏@PaulS:uellentrop

The MVC disciplined referee Rick Randall, commissioner Doug Elgin said in an email. Randall made the goaltending call at the end of Tuesday's WSU-SIU game, won 64-62 by SIU. No word on the discipline action.
    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Told ya.

Freaking asshat shouldn't be allowed to do Valley games anymore. Look at what he did in the Iowa State v Oklahoma State game as well.

No place for a guy that makes those kinds of GAME DECIDING decisions.

Comment

Christ almighty. You know it is bad if even Elgin isn't in your corner.

(Although WSU losing to SIU was a big hit on the Valley)

Comment

I didn't get to see or hear the goal tending call. Would someone go thru it so I know how it happened? Thanks...
        "Two dribbles and a ham sandwich" ~ Gregg Marshall
        Wichita State, a team long on grit, made everything it shot. ~ Normal, Ill. newspaper 2/19/13

Comment

Originally posted by Fredster View Post
          I didn't get to see or hear the goal tending call. Would someone go thru it so I know how it happened? Thanks...
          "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

And who knows if the problem was the goal-tending call, the lack of a charge or lack of a travelling call.

Comment

Thank you. Travel/charge, then great block. No question.
              "Two dribbles and a ham sandwich" ~ Gregg Marshall
              Wichita State, a team long on grit, made everything it shot. ~ Normal, Ill. newspaper 2/19/13

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                Look at what he did in the Iowa State v Oklahoma State game as well.
                ?? Sorry I havent been paying attention.. What happened?

Comment

I really didn't see a charge primarily because D-Will flopped. Had he held his ground could have been a charge. Travelling perhaps. Goaltending - no way.

Even if you think the goaltending cal was 50-50 you simply can't make that call in that situation. It has to be clear-cut, no doubt. As Kung Wu pointed out it that kind of play simply reeks of needing to be reveiwable to avoid that outcome.

Comment

3 clear steps is acharge. I thought he dropped his shoulder and initiated contact.

Comment

every ref in the country should be forced to watch the Michigan/Wisconsin game from yesterday. That was how you officiate a basketball game. Neither team was even in the bonus going into overtime! And it wasn't like it was a grab-a$$ fest, they just let them play and didn't call all the ticky tack crap that normally gets called. I could care less about either of those teams, but that was one of the most enjoyable regular season games I've seen in a long time, because the players on both sides were gutting in out like crazy and being allowed to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
                        every ref in the country should be forced to watch the Michigan/Wisconsin game from yesterday. That was how you officiate a basketball game. Neither team was even in the bonus going into overtime! And it wasn't like it was a grab-a$$ fest, they just let them play and didn't call all the ticky tack crap that normally gets called. I could care less about either of those teams, but that was one of the most enjoyable regular season games I've seen in a long time, because the players on both sides were gutting in out like crazy and being allowed to do so.
                        This is one of the things I loved about the WSU/CU game (I mean, other then us winning of course). They let the two teams play. I really feel like this is something that they Valley doesn't focus on and should. I get that there aren't such things as 'Valley Refs' because these guys are whores and work everywhere. But the conferences do lay down guidelines and points of emphasis. Dougie E should make it clear that we want to let the players play.

I never understood how SIU got away with what they got away with in the Valley. But they did it somehow.

Comment

Does this mean we can change the L to a W?

T

...:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
                            As much as I enjoy college basketball, I think the officiating by and large is the biggest negative about the sport. Something has to be done about the rules to let the kids play more.

Everything is a foul. It's not about WSU ... it's NCAA basketball wide. Every drive to the basket is either a charge or a block. Everyone flops. There's no flow to the games. Officials should not have just as much impact in a game as the actual players do.
                            Originally posted by BleacherReport
                            Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

I don't understand why the official is in trouble; is it for missing a call?

Comment

Working...
                              X