WSU VS MO STATE Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU VS MO STATE Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Here's the deal. Remember the ole rock-n-roll song that said something like--"It's now or never, tomorrow will be too late?" The past is the past. We laid 3 eggs in a row that was as unexpected as when we were rolling along at 15th in the Nation.
    Remember when we were as tough as nails? We were eating adversity for breakfast like it was nothing. Remember when we overcame bad calls, tough road defenders such as VCU, injured players, an Intrust Arena win versus S. Miss. etc, etc etc. Then Creighton came to town and we were beaming like rock stars in jubilation all the way home? Now we are 'stinkin engaged' knowing our beloved Shockers are feeling this 'deep down' even more. Does that make sense?

Basketball is a very aberrant game where you can be winning by 17 and then let a hungry team take you to the mat. So now what? It is really up to our beloved Shockers to do some soul searching. Let me reiterate a key statement. 'The past is the past.' The future is now as they say. Time to stop the bleeding. Time to right the ship. Time to shake things up and come together like never before. It is what it is so what are we going to do about it?

Rarely do I make a guarantee rather than a prediction. As of late, my predictions are falling short and I am tired and sick of it. Thus I will guarantee you the expecting Bears will not get out of here with a win. They can play slow ball, small ball, or smash mouth ball. It does NOT matter baybay. You like ugly? I am not proclaiming a pretty win--not yet. but win we WILL DO and that is my definitive answer. Shockers winning this game is a guarantee. One game at a time from here, thank you very much. Flush any and all rankings down the toilet because we have not got time for such nonsense. It is not so much how you start, but how you finish. As far as we the zealots of SN, we are signed, sealed, and delivered for the black and yellow so relax if you remotely can, and enjoy the ride.

Shaking up the line-up will be possible and I would start 1. FVV 2. D-Will 3. Wiggy 4. Early 5. HAll. However, those who perform will play period from this moment on. As the Coach from the Movie "Hoosiers' said--"This is OUR team." Now get busy Shocks because this is still a Season to remember. "Feast--famine--now we feast again. U like?

Shocks are not happy campers and will rekindile the conflagration-- 70

bearcubs are in deep dew dew and can not prevent forest fires-----52
    Last edited by forevershockerfan; February 6, 2013, 07:10 PM.
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

We gotta get our mojo back.

WSU 66,
    MSU 57

Comment

This team sucks. Armstead should be benched for good Williams should get mop up minutes only. Early and his mouth can come off the bench to whine. Hall can put on his pink panties and join him.

Shox should start VanFleet, Cotton, Wiggins, White, and Orukpe.

Even that wont be enough for the overmatched Shockers as the 14 SMS fans in attendance will rush the court to celebrate a dominating win.

SMS -- 85
      WSU -- 66

Comment

shox by 7

Comment

Shocks fail to break 50 before 36 minutes into the game. Gavin Thurman plays amazing in Wichita. Shocks lose 62-60...oh and Malcolm dribbles off his foot with 10 seconds left.

Comment

What? We're still playing? I thought the season was over.

WSU 68
            MoSt 64

Comment

Van Vleet starts, gets the offence going early. Armstead gets 0 minute; they add an automatic turnover to his stats. Demeteric gets 0 minutes.

Creighton loses to a pissed off Redbirds team, Shockers, Sycamores, sCUm all tied for 1st.

Shockers - 66
              Missery State - 52

Comment

Normally I would give us that one in a million chance that Lloyd got in Dumb and Dumber. But when I see mediocrities like ISUBlue get wins over the elite teams in this conference I think well anything is possible.

I think your boys will come out focused--for once-- and probably make God's work of us. We just don't have the ability to win a big game like this one at the moment sadly. It's like they say in Cuba: "You can't cover the Sun with your finger." We can't do that. Yet.

Shockers by 12. Bears rally late to make it seem closer that it truly was. Book it.
                Last edited by LuskingforGuttin; February 6, 2013, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Time to go back to the old diet Shocks:

vlc, record, 2009, 10, 27, 05h30m42s, Rocky, I1976DvDrip, aXXo, avi

Comment

I don't know how anyone can realistically make a prediction. There are two Shocker teams right now. I have no idea which will show up, and no idea how to make any prediction when I don't know what team is playing.

I predict MoSt will play zone defense and copy the strategy of our last three opponents exactly. If we can't figure it out, as we haven't been able to, we'll get manhandled.

But I just can't imagine a Marshall lead team losing four in a row. We'll probably win by 20 somehow.
                    Originally posted by BleacherReport
                    Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

We're in a downward spiral. I don't see anything changing right now. Shox lose by 5.

Comment

This is not rocket science. Let's review the last 3 loses. The word is out. Eddie Fogler thrived on it. On offense, our foes milk the clock and play 'deliberate slow down, work for a high percentage shot scenerio.' Keep the Shocks from a high possesion game that results in the scoring flurries that earned us a top 15 in the Country slot. Get us in foul trouble with penetration so they can shoot twice as many throws than us and get some key Shocker players in foul trouble as well as shooting 2 throws on every foul with 9 minutes plus as we witnessed last night. When we had 13 healthy players, just bring on that action. Now it matters oodles as Hall, Early, and Cotton were all seated by 3G last night for much too long. Also, high percentage shots nullify the Shockers prior advantage of seriously out-rebounding our foes due to the making shots far too often against us as we have witnessed the last 3 losses in a row.

Now for their defense. Run zones and switch up your defenses. The key is, Early and Hall are 2 of the very best players in in MVC so do NOT let them have that ball inside in key spots. When our beloved Shockers penetrate the zone, shift, and flop. The "shift and flop" defense is the very best defense to play in the Valley and the refs will reward you generously and often. The Shockers have been slumping on outside shooting so allow certain players wide open shots and go get the rebounds. As long as you have a lead on the Shockers, just keep doing these things and the odds become more equal in trying to beat us. Am I luke warm here or way off on my observations?

Lastly, is it just me or will hades freeze over before Mr. Jake White earns a charging call when sacrificing his body and being flatened like a pancake? Is it just me because every time the refs gather together like last night when White was smashed like a grape, we will get the shaft in the end?

Well, when we were playing Shocker style basketball, it did not matter what was going on around us because we would "rise above it." Now, we find ourselves at the crossrroads, knowing that this funk has to end and we have to seize the reigns of our own destiny and rise above any and all obstacales as we were doing earlier in the Season. These are the 'bear facts?' Stay tuned.
                        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

If we pull our heads out

WSU- 78

HSU- 54

If we keep them firmly planted where they are

WSU- 56

HSU-63
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

We give up a big run and the lead but with the help of the crowd claw back just in time to win a close one: 68-66.
                            Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

I have not a clue.

Go Shocks!
                              “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Working...
                              X