No announcement yet.

#15 Wichita State vs. Indiana State GAME THREAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not much to say. This game has been our worst so far for energy. We don't deserve to be ahead at this point and honestly should be behind more.

Marshall let the team try and figure it out for themselves, and kept our bench in most of the game. It will be interesting to see how he takes this half. We need major half time adjustments against that zone. No flow to the offense in that half, just passing on the perimeter for 30 seconds then desperation shots.

Comment

Who has that block of tickets behind the shocker bench that is always empty? Bout 6 rows up, 2 half rows empty.
      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post
        We're gonna see a lot more zone after tonight.
        It has been a weak point all year. But we have been able to burn it enough to get the team to switch. I give credit to isub for not switching after we had a fair number of 3s hit

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
          Didn't Marshall explicitly say to be Proactive and not Reactive as a crowd?
          Yes he did but it doesn't matter. Same crowd different day. If the Jerseys said Creighton would be a different crowd. Pisses me off
          Shocker fan since December 28th, 2005!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
            Who has that block of tickets behind the shocker bench that is always empty? Bout 6 rows up, 2 half rows empty.
            The athletic dept

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
              One thing I notice about this team is they don't pass the ball to the post hardly ever. Especially Demetric. He never sees the open post player. Yikes.
              YEP
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I'm tired of hearing people complain about the crowd. How are they supposed to get up when the performance on the court is ****? Maybe the players should be proactive instead of reactive.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

We played very poorly, yet led for a good part of that half. Gotta come out swinging.
                  "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                    Didn't Marshall explicitly say to be Proactive and not Reactive as a crowd?
                    Can't we just blame the team for their awful play instead of the fans or the refs? I'm tired of the scapegoats around here. We're shooting 32% and allowing them to shoot 60%. Pick up the defense and get the ball in the post instead of heaving 3's and maybe we can pull it out.

Comment

Thought I heard 3G say that ISU would. Play nothing but man too on his radio interview. ..think maybe he realizes it aint man. He should be preparing for yet ?
                      From the road I listen (Tune In radio) at home I watch ( season Ticks )

Comment

ISU dictated the tempo for about 19 out of 20 minutes that half.

If that happens again coming out of the locker room, we stand 0 chance. Gotta speed this thing up.

Comment

Originally posted by XManCometh View Post
                          Can't we just blame the team for their awful play instead of the fans or the refs? I'm tired of the scapegoats around here. We're shooting 32% and allowing them to shoot 60%. Pick up the defense and get the ball in the post instead of heaving 3's and maybe we can pull it out.
                          I don't know. We're hitting a higher percentage from 3 than we are from 2.

Comment

Originally posted by XManCometh View Post
                            +1

Defense and sloppy play enough said

oh yeah we need to rebound.
                            "Valley-shaking, nation-waking 29-game win streak." - Paul Suellentrop, The Wichita Eagle

Comment

Bench is getting outscored and starters are getting outplayed. 20 minutes to prove they have heart. This is what its all about. They've got the crowd behind them in the second half. Time to get it done.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                                I don't know. We're hitting a higher percentage from 3 than we are from 2.
                                That's not saying much when one of the stats is 32%. Uggg

Comment

Working...
                                X